Inline FabricationWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
RotoMetals2RepackboxLoad DataLee Precision
Titan Reloading
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Coming soon - lee six station progressive press

Boolit Buddy
    I see these are out of stock where I shop. Has anyone bought and tried one?

Quote Originally Posted by FabMan View Post
    I see these are out of stock where I shop. Has anyone bought and tried one?
    They haven't been released yet. Titan and others are getting ready by setting up listings ahead of time with stock set at zero, hence "out of stock". I suggest signing up to be notified when item is "back in stock". I talked to Lee a week ago and they still refused to say when the press will be released. They did cite supply chain issues as being responsible for most of the delays.
    Jordan Goodwin, Blacksmith
    www.axe-n-anvil.com

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PrestoColumbus View Post
    After seeing the Lee APP press and how finicky it is, I'm not optimistic. (remembering my dad launching cases across the room...)

I have a lot of Lee stuff, big fan. But if its anything like the APP it's gonna need some tweaking/tuning before it will work.
    I opened the box my app was in, set up and I was off and running! I’ve easily de primed over 20,000 cases. Sized untold number of boollets. Absolutely no problems with mine! Don’t know maybe I’m less picky than some folks. And I know it’s not just me definitely seen mixed opinions. I mean everything has issues there’s no such thing as a perfect piece of equipment it doesn’t exist. Do I expect my hundred dollar lee APP press to perform the same as a Dillon 1050? Ah no! But at the price it does exactly what I want it to do when I want to do it! I don’t size my 30-06 brass on it. But if did and it breaks Lee has got great customer service. Even if it completely falls apart after five years at that price you can afford to buy a new one. Seriously, if you use it as its intended and don’t push the envelope, I don’t see potential for major problems with it other than the plastic carriage and risers wearing out.
    Long, Wide, Deep, and Without Hesitation!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickf1985 View Post
    I am pretty sure the one I am referring to was in a press, it was in a thread on here. I will try to find it.

Found it, It was actually a link posted on Handloaders Bench forum.

https://www.longrangehunting.com/thr...minder.299386/
    What the heck is that contraption connected to an RCBS bench primer? Look Rube Goldberg to me! No wonder he blew up

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundguy View Post
    Agreed. I have a 4 hole.. and love it.. but I stripped off all the auto index plastic gear junk that strips out in 2 weeks.. I just run it as a straight turret.
    I’ve had my classic cast turret for about 6 years. Never had an issue with the auto indexing although I do take the rod out for doing certain cartridges. Mostly because I don’t have enough auto disk powder measures to go around.

The release date for the Lee 6-pack press has been delayed until October.
    https://leeprecision.com/pro-6000-si...loading-press/
    These men and their hypnotized followers call this a new order. It is not new. It is not order.

LEE needs to stick to making affordable dies and molds and either come up with a reliable progressive or stay out of that market

maybe this will be it,…..but I highly doubt it

NRA LIFE Member

USPSA/IPSC

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by poppy42 View Post
    What the heck is that contraption connected to an RCBS bench primer? Look Rube Goldberg to me! No wonder he blew up
    That’s the primer tube after it blew up.

Boolit Master
    oops
    Size/Prime a few cases when starting off with a progressive and put them aside. You can plug them back into the process when a bad/odd case screws up in the priming station and continue loading.

Quote Originally Posted by derek45 View Post
    LEE needs to stick to making affordable dies and molds and either come up with a reliable progressive or stay out of that market

maybe this will be it,…..but I highly doubt it
    Oh come on...People should know what they get into for the price they pay. And for the price you pay to what you get is much higher than most. Like others have told me, most of my "Lee problems" have proven to just be my problems and nothing to do with Lee.

I received a couple shell plates for the Lee 6-pack from MidwayUSA this week. When considering the 2 more stations, the shell plate is only marginally larger and the index pin alignment holes are much tighter together compared to the Pro4000. The rotation per die station will be much shorter and maybe smoother than that of the ABLP.
    Last edited by deces; 09-17-2022 at 01:44 AM.
    These men and their hypnotized followers call this a new order. It is not new. It is not order.

Quote Originally Posted by bfox View Post
    If they can just get the priming system to work correctly...I really like that indexing rod though

Quote Originally Posted by bfox View Post
    Thanks, I found another video.

Looks promising. I had a couple of 1000's (sold one and keep one for de-priming, fitted with the case feeder) and then a Loadmaster. The LM required a fair bit of tweaking, the boolit feeder arms kept getting chewed up so could be a a bit iffy, but the primer feed was a constant source of problems. I eventually sold it and bought a Dillon 650 (pretty much the last available here in Oz prior to the 750) and, if used as per Dillon's instructions performs faultlessly. Mine occasionally gives me trouble with priming but that's because I'm an inveterate fiddler, so not the fault of the press.
    If Lee can fix their primer delivery system then it should be a nice press.

Quote Originally Posted by dikman View Post
    Looks promising. I had a couple of 1000's (sold one and keep one for de-priming, fitted with the case feeder) and then a Loadmaster. The LM required a fair bit of tweaking, the boolit feeder arms kept getting chewed up so could be a a bit iffy, but the primer feed was a constant source of problems. I eventually sold it and bought a Dillon 650 (pretty much the last available here in Oz prior to the 750) and, if used as per Dillon's instructions performs faultlessly. Mine occasionally gives me trouble with priming but that's because I'm an inveterate fiddler, so not the fault of the press.
    If Lee can fix their primer delivery system then it should be a nice press.
    I can see this press taking a big share of people who are looking at presses like hornady's LNL and others.

Boolit Master
    Here's a link to the Six Pack Pro manual, you can get a feel for how the primer feed works, as well as change-over stuff:
    https://leeprecision.com/files/instruct/SixPackPro.pdf
    some interesting reading,
    Size/Prime a few cases when starting off with a progressive and put them aside. You can plug them back into the process when a bad/odd case screws up in the priming station and continue loading.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenstone View Post
    Here's a link to the Six Pack Pro manual, you can get a feel for how the primer feed works, as well as change-over stuff:
    https://leeprecision.com/files/instruct/SixPackPro.pdf
    some interesting reading,
    Priming system at least looks simple enough. Be interesting to see how it works out in actual use.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jetinteriorguy View Post
    Priming system at least looks simple enough. Be interesting to see how it works out in actual use.
    Yeh, and I didn't see any reference to changing the primer seating pin for small or large primers.
    Changing the primer guide at the end of the primer slide to either large or small is the only thing for primer change over.
    A good thing,

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast