Inline FabricationLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyRepackboxWideners
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Coming soon - lee six station progressive press

Boolit Master

You still have to get the primers out of the tray, down the chute and in to position. In my experience, Lee is not good at it.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Finster101 View Post
    You still have to get the primers out of the tray, down the chute and in to position. In my experience, Lee is not good at it.
    I’ve found once the primer tray is empty and you can see the last primer has cleared the top of the chute, if you refill the tray you’ll have no problems with primers feeding. The weight of the primers in a full chute keeps them moving along smoothly. If your trying to run the chute empty before refilling that’s when you have problems. At least this has been my experience on both my Loadmaster and my Classic Turret.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jetinteriorguy View Post
    I’ve found once the primer tray is empty and you can see the last primer has cleared the top of the chute, if you refill the tray you’ll have no problems with primers feeding. The weight of the primers in a full chute keeps them moving along smoothly. If your trying to run the chute empty before refilling that’s when you have problems. At least this has been my experience on both my Loadmaster and my Classic Turret.
    That'll work, but once the last primer has cleared the tray, I do this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PusherS.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	302343
    I have since replaced the Metal clip with a plastic "Chip Clip" and the metal rod with a wooden bamboo skewer.

Name:	IMG_0980.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	58.6 KB 
ID:	302344
    A better method when you want to end a loading session and not leave primers in the tray or chute.
    jmo,

Size/Prime a few cases when starting off with a progressive and put them aside. You can plug them back into the process when a bad/odd case screws up in the priming station and continue loading.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenstone View Post
    That'll work, but once the last primer has cleared the tray, I do this:

Name:	PusherS.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	302343
    I have since replaced the Metal clip with a plastic "Chip Clip" and the metal rod with a wooden bamboo skewer.

Name:	IMG_0980.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	58.6 KB 
ID:	302344
    A better method when you want to end a loading session and not leave primers in the tray or chute.
    jmo,

Now that right there is ingenious. I may have to copy that on my Classic turret.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jetinteriorguy View Post
    Now that right there is ingenious. I may have to copy that on my Classic turret.
    Thanks for reading/responding to my post.

After using it, I thought about the possibility of the metal parts sparking, I changed the metal clip to a plastic chip clip and the steel rod to a bamboo skewer.
    That skewer can get stuck/pinched by the primer pin though, after the last primer in the trough is seated, so watch it.
    I still use that short piece of sheet metal angle though.
    I made it like this:

Name:	BrktFab.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	32.4 KB 
ID:	302375
    Last edited by Kenstone; 07-21-2022 at 07:47 PM.
    Size/Prime a few cases when starting off with a progressive and put them aside. You can plug them back into the process when a bad/odd case screws up in the priming station and continue loading.

Now take this for what you're paying for it. BUT...

I spoke with a Lee tech on the phone before purchasing my Loadmaster and he told me that the Pro 6000 was nothing but a Pro 4000 with 2 extra holes.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
    Now take this for what you're paying for it. BUT...

I spoke with a Lee tech on the phone before purchasing my Loadmaster and he told me that the Pro 6000 was nothing but a Pro 4000 with 2 extra holes.
    Maybe in the overall idea, but I'm seeing significant differences just based on the pictures. The priming systems could not be more different. The Pro 4000 is basically a single stage priming system, and the Pro 6000 appears to be an all new automatic system that is Pro 1000ish.

... I spoke with a Lee tech on the phone before purchasing my Loadmaster and he told me that the Pro 6000 was nothing but a Pro 4000 with 2 extra holes.
    Unless the pictures are wrong, the 6000 has a totally different priming layout to the 4000.

The continued use of the primer tray with the curved primer slide does not inspire confidence. May it work properly.

Boolit Master
    oh lawd....

Boolit Buddy
    When is an Early Summer release date ?
    Asking for a friend...

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Livin_cincy View Post
    When is an Early Summer release date ?
    Asking for a friend...
    According to Titan reloading, in the next week or two.

Boolit Master

I'd love to see one....

Quote Originally Posted by Soundguy View Post
    I'd love to see one....
    Watch, it will be leaps and bounds better than my Loadmaster and I'll have a paper weight and have to buy the 6000.

Boolit Master

Probably won't be the last time you buy gear

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Soundguy View Post
    Probably won't be the last time you buy gear
    Does it ever stop?

Boolit Master

Right after you die

Watch, it will be leaps and bounds better than my Loadmaster and I'll have a paper weight and have to buy the 6000.
    This is exactly what I'm afraid of. And I was just getting ready to set up my Loadmaster...
    Jordan Goodwin, Blacksmith
    www.axe-n-anvil.com

Boolit Grand Master
    There are only two reasons a new press is introduced. First is that it is better than what a company currently produces. Second it is less expensive to manufacture.

I have a Bonanza Co-Ax that is the same press now sold by Forster. It is an old old design that has not been improved or cheapened up by the bean counters.

I do not know how many progressives Lee has introduced but they have struggled with making a "good" one. Not bashing Lee...they aim for a price point and do the best they can to meet it. Not many people would buy a Lee if it was only $50 less than a Dillon as there is not enough reward for the risk. OTOH Lee has done a fine job on producing a good single stage press that is less expensive than what others offer.

Your Loadmaster may not be a "paper weight" but it will have fewer stations than the new design. If you do not need those stations, it does not matter.

Stay the course and get your new press running as best you can. If it does not meet your expectations, it will not be difficult to sell, and you might lose $100...not the end of the world. If it works...you are golden!!!

I have only owned one press that was so pathetic I gave up on it. The RCBS Green Machine. Even good companies make duds. The GM was dropped soon after it was introduced. It was so bad RCBS gave up on it. How bad was it? ....... I would rather be forced to load on a Lee 1000 than a GM.
    Don Verna

Boolit Grand Master

I wouldn't worry about it. Keep the box it comes in, and it will be an easy sell if you don't want it.

Update from Titan: I'm told that Lee will not be shipping the 6 Pack until late August now.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    Update from Titan: I'm told that Lee will not be shipping the 6 Pack until late August now.
    I see Russian Collusion interference !��������

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast