Reloading EverythingInline FabricationWidenersPBcastco
RepackboxTitan ReloadingLoad DataLee Precision
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: 33 Winchester Gas Checks

Boolit Mold

33 Winchester Gas Checks

I recently acquired a Lyman 338320 GC single mold. It supposedly produces .339 bullets. What gas checks would you recommend and will they fit? I see that both Hornady and Gator advertise .338 gas checks. Thanks

Boolit Buddy
    When I stumbled into a Ruger #1B in 338, I ordered Hornady gas checks and a Lee mold immediately. They work. Shoot as cast.

Boolit Master

Southern Middle Tennessee/ Hillsboro Alabama
    Grumpy Old Man With A Gun....... Do Not Touch !!

Buy the Hornady.
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Mold
    Thanks everyone for the feedback. Based on the replies I will proceed with the Hornady. I did not know of the Bayou checks but I will keep it in mind.

Boolit Master
    I have that mould and use it (with .338 gas checks) for .338 Federal and .338 Ruger Compact Magnum rifles. Picked up the mould when contemplating getting a .33 Winchester single shot, but that was too costly. Since the mould cries out for a rifle to shoot it in, I found the Ruger .338 Federal on Gunbroker. Then, mirabile dictu, the left handed .338 RCM showed up in Uncle Henry’s two towns away from me. Then to compound the good fortune, a gun shop owner I visit on occasion mentioned that another of his customers had a bunch of .338 jacketed bullets I could have for half price, totaling about 400 bullets of different weights. Sometimes good things come in bunches- but I do like that 338320 in both rifles.
    "You will wantonly strike a hornet's nest which extends from mountains to ocean, and legions, now quiet, will swarm out and sting us to death. It is unnecessary; it puts us in the wrong; it is fatal." Robert Toombs, Democrat of Georgia, warning of the results of the imminent attack of the Confederacy upon Fort Sumter in Charleston Harbor, 1861