Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataWidenersReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Repackbox
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lloyd Smale?

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 1hole View Post
    Lloyd has a great ego but he knows a lot. A good bit of it is true, but the rest is opinion. He indignantly reacts to opposing opinions as if they are personal attacks on him. I found that to be somewhat tiresome and I don't miss him. In fact, I had not noticed he was gone.
    Agreed
    post count don't give you special rites
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Master
    I like Lloyd. I am a certified pedigreed Ozark American and Southern born and bred, but Lloyd and I usually agreed on most things. I hope he comes back on here. You never ever had to wonder what his view of things was.
    Britons shall never be slaves.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    I really did not notice he was gone. I know he sure liked to argue with me and most on here about everything under the sun. Guess some people are like that.

I wish him well in his new life "over there".

Boolit Master

One way to resolve the conflicting parts of this story would be to suggest that Lloyd's post on the other board made reference to an unnamed forum that was not this one. If that is the case, his absence here is as yet unexplained. No one here but staff can tell if Lloyd had been 'infracted' over the sort of post he describes over there.

Boolit Grand Master

One of the great things we have on the improved site is that "cancel" button ...
    I write out stupid stuff , read it back and think ... I shouldn't say that and it is so nice to hit the "cancel" and it all goes away ... It does go away doesn't it ... or can the moderator's see what I wrote but didn't post ?
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJames View Post
    I like Lloyd. I am a certified pedigreed Ozark American and Southern born and bred, but Lloyd and I usually agreed on most things. I hope he comes back on here. You never ever had to wonder what his view of things was.
    Interesting, Lloyd detested boys from Dixie with their pickups and Confederate flags and pride in Southern heritage. He was delighted when the move against Southern/Confederate heritage began some years back. He could not understand why Southerners just could not accept their defeat and consequent humiliations. he was the ultimate Unionist with the accompanying sense of moral superiority.

He and I locked horns on this issue many time and he has been on my ignore list for many years. Further the affiant sayeth not.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Char-Gar View Post
    Interesting, Lloyd detested boys from Dixie with their pickups and Confederate flags and pride in Southern heritage. He was delighted when the move against Southern/Confederate heritage began some years back. He could not understand why Southerners just could not accept their defeat and consequent humiliations. he was the ultimate Unionist with the accompanying sense of moral superiority.

He and I locked horns on this issue many time and he has been on my ignore list for many years. Further the affiant sayeth not.
    I agree with you completely. I for one will not miss him.
    Last edited by flyer1; 05-17-2022 at 05:50 PM.

Cast Boolits Owner

Lloyd Smale?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    One of the great things we have on the improved site is that "cancel" button ...
    I write out stupid stuff , read it back and think ... I shouldn't say that and it is so nice to hit the "cancel" and it all goes away ... It does go away doesn't it ... or can the moderator's see what I wrote but didn't post ?
    Gary
    Yes and no. We cannot see anything you cancel before you post but once posted we can see anything you post including all changes with time stamps of when the changes happen. However, I put the brakes on (software wise) the moderators (or myself) ability to read members PM’s as I do believe y’all deserve your privacy.
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Master
    As a Southern man I was raised with a "if you don't have something good to say" philosophy.

Good life Lloyd! May God bless you!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Char-Gar View Post

I defer to your judgment, not been on here near as long. I presented a Motion to our local circuit judge, who granted it. I kept on talking and he quietly informed me that he'd granted my Motion; so I did not need to talk any further.
    Britons shall never be slaves.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 1hole View Post
    Lloyd has a great ego but he knows a lot. A good bit of it is true, but the rest is opinion. He indignantly reacts to opposing opinions as if they are personal attacks on him. I found that to be somewhat tiresome and I don't miss him. In fact, I had not noticed he was gone.
    Same. Both of my infractions were due to responding to him. I get much less triggered now that he's gone, lol.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho45guy View Post
    Same. Both of my infractions were due to responding to him. I get much less triggered now that he's gone, lol.
    I think that was what happened on my infraction last year too.
    I just didn't take him too seriously any more.
    I didn't add him to the ignore list-- I save that for posters that when I see their name,
    I ask myself, "What hateful, negative energy, nonsense is it going to be---- this time"?
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

All; thanks for the information.
    Tony

Sad to read this but it seems to happen on all sites. Although I will disagree at times I try not to be disagreeable. Nobody I have ever met or talked to in my 65+ years was always right, including me.

Boolit Master
    there are other sites for shooting, gun, reloading enthusiasts that boot you off completely, no warning no nothing if you just disagree with their way of thinking.
    as me how I know.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundarstick View Post
    As a Southern man I was raised with a "if you don't have something good to say" philosophy.

Good life Lloyd! May God bless you!
    "Well, bless his heart"
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Master

As they say, "Never say 'never'". He's opiniated and will tell you "How it is" (according to lloyd). In my CB and GBO association I opine that he's familiar with and informed on handguns and long guns. He's been a lifelong depredation deer hunter, a USCG Vet, like me, and is an Ultra-MAGA conservative. He won't give up, back down, or give in. I am not a fan-boy. Ignored him at times. Tolerated at times. Agreed with him mostly. Moderated him and a time or two peeved him greatly. Though we've never met, and do not see eye to eye, I still call him friend. YMMV...
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Master

well this sure took a u turn
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Master
    Lloyd Smale is who he is Lloyd Smale. That is fine. He doesn't take a PR (public relations) type technique in what he says or believes. That is fine.
    Some try to be a Diplomat. We all know what a Diplomat is, right?
    But most can read through the Diplomat camouflage or I hope they can. I am not a fan boy of his but I am not a detractor of his either. I would rather have someone tell me what they think rather to give me some candy coated Diplomatic hog wash.
    Anyone that wants to know what a Diplomat is PM me.

Boolit Master
    what is a diplomat? without diplomats, the generals of the world better order much much more ammo, guns and troops.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast