Inline FabricationWidenersLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRepackbox
RotoMetals2 Load Data
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lloyd Smale?

The world is made up of different kinds of people. Some believe that being hard headed, ignorant, intractable. opinionated and offensive is a virtue to be admired. Others do not see things that way. These others think that positive human relations are are a good thing and more flies are caught with honey than vinegar. Some don't care about the consequences of what they say and then others do. I suppose the difference is a rather basic understanding of what is important in life.
    Last edited by Char-Gar; 05-18-2022 at 11:09 AM.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Master

Six of one half dozen of the others.

Boolit Master

"what is important in life."

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women.

Moderator Emeritus

"Some don't care about the consequences of what they say and then others do. I suppose the difference is a rather basic understanding of what is important in life." And that kind of attitude is what keeps the Moderators busy trying to keep a wholesome family oriented site!

If ya just think and review your posts before you hit the post button we would be virtually out of a job!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

I come here because of the camaraderie, solid information, and the good people who frequent this site. Mutual respect and generosity are practiced here.

There are other sights that I will not participate in because of the rudeness, filthy vocabulary, and bully attitudes of the members.

Hey, we all mess up at times,...if we are cautioned or reprimanded,....suck it up, apologize for the mistake,...and let it pass.

The owners, the moderators and the good folks here are the best!
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickok View Post
    I come here because of the camaraderie, solid information, and the good people who frequent this site. Mutual respect and generosity are practiced here.

There are other sights that I will not participate in because of the rudeness, filthy vocabulary, and bully attitudes of the members.

Hey, we all mess up at times,...if we are cautioned or reprimanded,....suck it up, apologize for the mistake,...and let it pass.

The owners, the moderators and the good folks here are the best!
    I agree with you but we all have social masks we wear. I am sure the owner of this site and the moderators have social masks. Most don't act in Church the same way we act at work, at a party ,family function or a host of other places. Everywhere we go there is a faction of people that want to be handled with kid gloves and their fragile senses massaged. If they don't get that they whine
    Where is the line drawn on how to handle those people while dealing with the hard nosed ones at the same time?
    This place isn't Church and neither is it a local rough neck bar atmosphere.
    Last edited by 44MAG#1; 05-19-2022 at 09:13 AM.

Outrage both having it and promoting it seems to be popular on the internet. The more aggressive and angry posts or posts designed to cause anger seem to get the most traffic. Too bad it is that way but seems like it is.

I doubt I have dealt with many if any people at this site whom I wouldn't enjoy sitting around a campfire or grill with. Might not agree with them on this or that but honestly half the country thinks your view or opinion is wrong no matter what that view or opinion is. Same for any opinion I have. With some thinkin your are too left and some thinking you are too right. Might as well not get undies in a knot over folks not always agreeing with you. Most of us are old enough we don't need "validation" by others, we have been there, done that, learned at least a little something from the experience that now informs our opinions.

It isn't that the casting and reloading community is nothing but saints but this forum tends to discourage people who get enjoyment out of being angry or stirring up anger in others. Well that and hunting, fishing, shooting are sports that tend to appeal to folks who share some common enjoyment of the out of doors and good company. Many having figured out that by being good company they find good company.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master

3 of the Mods that smacked the back of my hand none are with the site any longer. Another Mod was banned. BTW, the 3 that are no longer on this site died. That could be a cautionary tale to those who are quick to strike.

Quote Originally Posted by sparky45 View Post
    3 of the Mods that smacked the back of my hand none are with the site any longer. Another Mod was banned. BTW, the 3 that are no longer on this site died. That could be a cautionary tale to those who are quick to strike.
    Gads! I feel like I've been hexed! My annual medical checkup is June 1st.........

DG

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundarstick View Post
    As a Southern man I was raised with a "if you don't have something good to say" philosophy.

Good life Lloyd! May God bless you!
    Lloyd was never a character of real consequence to me. I wasn't triggered or angry at his often exposed belligerence on matters of opinion - and he has a LOT of opinions! But his constant sneering at other's opinions irritated me quite often. I simply didn't bother to read his posts and I didn't have to use my "Ignore" feature to do it. We've had several people I ignored by simply not reading their posts. Lloyd became one.

The only man I've ever put on my "Ignore" list was one nuisance character who was flooding me with PMs to insist I agree with one of his pet (but incorrect, IMHO!) opinions. I finally did "Ignore" him - at a moderators suggestion - and that has kept him out of my mail box. (He's still there too; I like that! )

It's normal for people to hold differing opinions but it's not nice to sneer at the people who have different opinions. I don't care how many rounds anyone fires each year, how much gunpowder and primers and cases they have nor how many AR-15s and 9mm handguns, etc., they may have, no one "knows it all" ... except Lloyd. He was and is the kind of northiner that makes "Dampyankee" one word and gives them a bad name, even up north!

I wish him well .... someplace else.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Thundarstick View Post
    As a Southern man I was raised with a "if you don't have something good to say" philosophy.

Good life Lloyd! May God bless you!
    Me Too .
    Mom would tell us ... 1.) Act nice ... and 2.) if you can't say something nice about someone then don't say anything at all .

May God Bless Us All .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

I found his posts hard to follow.

Boolit Master
    I think it has been established he was not of a PR quality. In other words one would not hire him if he had a PR firm.
    Could we agree on that?

I find the discussion about the various personas that folks have interesting and of course entirely true. Most folks do present themselves differently to different groups of people. I have mixed feelings about the issue though. If it is done to be kind or respectful of the people around us, that would be a good thing. However, it is done to deceive or hide our true selves, then that is not a good thing.

Wm. Shakespeare in addition to being the master of Elizabethan English was also a man of great insight into the human animal. In Hamlet, Act 1, Scene 3 he has Polonius offering the following counsel. "This above all: to thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any man?"

Good counsel to ponder and better counsel to follow.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    Me Too .
    Mom would tell us ... 1.) Act nice ... and 2.) if you can't say something nice about someone then don't say anything at all .

May God Bless Us All .
    Gary
    My question: Do we maintain silence, when doing so allows falsehood to flourish and spread? Falsehood that can harm, distort and corrupt others? Way to many Germans practiced that silence about their Fuhrer.

Platitudes, even from our mothers, are not Holy Writ, they are just good advise that may or may not be applicable to different circumstances in life.

Boolit Master
    Shakespeare also said, now paraphrasing not a direct quote that the world is a stage and we are all actors. I can give a full and direct quote if necessary. We can all act nice even though we don't feel like acting nice and we all act hateful when not really upset to get a desired effect.
    I have an attorney buddy that can do it all. I had a buddy now deceased that was a salesman by trade that could make you feel great about yourself but in reality was tearing you down to little pieces. Most weren't smart enough to to realize it.
    Maybe Smale didn't sugar coat things.
    Last edited by 44MAG#1; 05-19-2022 at 12:45 PM.

I hadn't realized it, but the site has seemed more peaceful and rational lately. Now I know why. Won't miss him.
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Master

1720 miles East of Wall Drug, North of Cooperstown, NY
    Strong Minds Discuss Ideas, Average Minds Discuss Events, WEAK MINDS Discuss People
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Je suis Charlie
    Remember Lavoy!
    I'll cling to my God and my guns, and you can keep the "Change".

A lot of good folks of all walks of life have come and gone, many of whom I will miss and a few I will not. Some get bored and move on, some are forced out, some die, and some leave voluntarily. Some believe their methods are the best and only way, others disagree. Some take it personal others are more forgiving. It's a constant cycle.

I too have been call down a time or two by mods, it's a thankless position but necessary for what I believe to be one of the best sites out there.

Politics and religion seem to be a cause in a lot of these decisions.

I try to be fair to all here even if we don't see eye to eye, however, with some that's just not possible. YMMV

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 44MAG#1 View Post
    I think it has been established he was not of a PR quality. In other words one would not hire him if he had a PR firm.
    Could we agree on that?
    That could apply to at least 81 million others.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast