Inline FabricationReloading EverythingLoad DataRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLee Precision
Repackbox
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Midway USA

Boolit Master

Midway USA

I'm done with this outfit; SHIPPING!!!! They are using the "UPS innovation" method to ship AND making it almost impossible to NOT ROUND UP for the NRA. I and I alone decide who I spend my money with, and the NRA ISN'T where I donate any longer. They get rid of Wayne and I'm back on board.
    Back to the shipping; I live ~350 miles from Midway USA and their method of shipping is now taking 7 days to arrive. I ordered a small order on Friday night and it's scheduled to arrive next Friday. Used to be, I got deliveries in 2 days. I get stuff off Ebay quicker than Midway can get it to me.
    And for those reasons, I'm out!

Boolit Grand Master

Might want to send this to Midway in an E-mail ...
    Loosing a customer and they might not even notice .
    They get enough lost revenue from disgruntled customers and they might change their ways .
    Whenever I get abused by a company .. I send them a E-mail and tell them why ... now . it may not do much good but at least some one at the company knows I have a problem and don't like it .
    I haven't done much business with Midway lately ... but they used to be fairly sympathetic ...
    ever since they started charging extra for shipping it seems things have slid downhill .
    Not sure what the problem is ... I'm a very patient person ...so waiting a week for something doesn't upset me ... Heck ...I order Randall Made Knives that take 5 years to get delivered ... two weeks is overnight in my mind .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Grand Master

I have had good service from them over the years.

Boolit Master

Over the years, yes; now, NO.

Boolit Buddy
    Yeah, service from Midway has declined over the years (decades) and is my very last resort. I doubt if they care about a 'lost customer'. But one should do what makes YOU feel better, take your money elsewhere but consider all of the costs. A few pennies saved may not be worth the aggravation of the 'wait'!
    West of Beaver Dick's Ferry.

Boolit Buddy
    I've always had good service from them. Yes, if you use the default low-cost free shipping, then they use that silly "innovations" shipping system which just adds delay. But I've always found that the difference in that shipping to my remote Alaskan location and USPS Priority mail is generally on the order of $2. So I always pay for Priority Mail, and my stress level stays very low.
    Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory ... lasts forever.
    Retired USN
    NRA Life

Boolit Master
    its convenient that they have so many different things but prices are a bit higher than mid south or powder valley. every time I say im done shopping with them something else come across my radar that I gotta have or makes reloading a bit easier or something like that. but I'm at a point im my life that I dont rush to do much of anything.
    things might sit in the mailbox for a week before I go out and empty it.
    I heard a story about being in a rush that I'll share
    the old bull was sitting on top of the ridge looking down in the valley and his son come running up to him.
    the son say paw look at all those good looking cows down in the valley, lets go run down there and visit with one of em.
    and the old wise bull says to his eager young son
    no son, lets walk down there and visit with all of em.

You get to select or decline the NRA round up.

You get to select the shipping carrier.

NRA LIFE Member

USPSA/IPSC

Boolit Master

Both true Derek; but I only live ~350 miles from them and a week to ship is EXCESSIVE IMO. Shipping First Class only speeds them up a couple of days. As I said, *bay stuff is most often cheaper and shipped faster in my experience. I decided to give Midway another shot, my bad.

Boolit Master

At one time I ordered gun parts from Midway for my home gunsmith shop. I cut back my spending with them when they sent emails to customers receiving discounts to “become retail customers.” The letter tried to convince me that I would get better prices due to sales and free shipping. Maybe they thought my math skills were really bad. If I buy from Midway again it will be because no other source had what I wanted.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Grand Master
    I only order stuff if there is free shipping, otherwise I get it elsewhere

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    Whenever I get abused by a company .. I send them a E-mail and tell them why ... now . Gary
    I’m seldom in a rush for the few items I order online, unless the promised delivery date is pushed back a week. Even then it rarely matters other than I expect companies and people to live up to their word. That said, poorly packaged deliveries are a major irritant to mine. Many companies have deals with shippers for reduced rates because of the volume they ship. Those deals account for a lot of delays.

Boolit Grand Master

Do what you want with your money. I like Midway. When their price is right, I’ll buy with confidence.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

If there’s a better alternative I will use them but I definitely only deal with well known outfits these days.

Boolit Master

I personally have done business with Midway for the last 40 years and they have never left me hanging. Just my two cents worth..

Art
    ”Only accurate rifles are interesting”
    ——Townsend Whelen

In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act
    —- George Orwell

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by derek45 View Post
    You get to select or decline the NRA round up.

You get to select the shipping carrier.
    Plus with Midway many times they say delivered in week plus, But, then it shows up 2 days later.
    “You should tell someone what you know. There should be a history, so that men can learn from it.

He smiled. “Men do not learn from history. Each generation believes itself brighter than the last, each believes it can survive the mistakes of the older ones. Each discovers each old thing and they throw up their hands and say ‘See! Look what I have found! Look upon what I know!’ And each believes it is something new.

Louis L’Amour

The Californios

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Electrod47 View Post
    Plus with Midway many times they say delivered in week plus, But, then it shows up 2 days later.
    Yep, I just went in, looked at my cart and started to check out. Turning off the NRA round up happened with the click of a button and I have 5 different shipping options. 3 of the options list getting the package 2 days to 7 days out. It's not really Midways fault if you select an option that can take 2 to 7 days. Midway isn't delivering the items on their trucks.

Banned
    So I'm confused , when did a week from order till delivery become an unreasonable amount of time ?

Hasn't been all that long since most everything was 4-6 weeks after they recieved your check and order form in the mail .

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    i week to your door is good these daze!

Like said, in the past I always figured 2-3 weeks, what with check clearance waiting, picking, packing, and shipping via ground.

Cc's sped that up a lot.

All the many industrial products I provide to our many customers take 2-3 weeks ARO for stock items, unless they pay for expedited on-house processing and shipping via UPS red.

Normal for industry

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by reddog81 View Post
    Yep, I just went in, looked at my cart and started to check out. Turning off the NRA round up happened with the click of a button and I have 5 different shipping options. 3 of the options list getting the package 2 days to 7 days out. It's not really Midways fault if you select an option that can take 2 to 7 days. Midway isn't delivering the items on their trucks.
    Yup, I just placed an order last night and that's what I did. I did need it in 2 days so I paid extra for that.

Shipping in general over the last couple of years has gotten really slow except for Amazon and they use their own trucks or they have specific contracts with the various carriers.

It took the PO 2 1/2 weeks to get a first class letter about 50 miles last month.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast