RotoMetals2Inline FabricationRepackboxReloading Everything
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gosh the last 20 years went by fast.

Gosh the last 20 years went by fast.

The new wife & I just had our 20th anniversary yesterday.
    We were both amazed at how quickly the time went by.
    Times changed, and fortunes improved.
    We're retired now and can finally take a little time to just sit on the patio and watch the world go by.

We've gotten so used to each other, I'm reminded of the story about another older couple that was sitting around one time
    as the holiday season was coming up- the husband asked his wife what she wanted for Christmas.
    She said, "I want a divorce".
    He thought about it a minute and told her, "Nah..... Too expensive. Think of something else".
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Grand Master

Wife and I will be 15yrs on D Day. It has flown by for sure. 20yrs ago I was living by myself off the grid and enjoying it. Now I'm 900 miles south and about to retire. Seems like yesterday. No, the time hasn't made me any wiser or smarter. That's what the wife is for.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Grand Master
    "Bout a month, our 31st. will be here. Where has time gone? When you have a good one, it flys by.

Come on, Ed, 20 years isn't a "new wife". Seems like there's a chance it might last. I've been supervised for 52 years now.

DG

P.S. Congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Gebirgsjager View Post
    Come on, Ed, 20 years isn't a "new wife". Seems like there's a chance it might last.
    Like the Delta House in the "Animal House" movie: I might still be on 'double secret probation'.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master

Less than 2 weeks after my 80th birthday(coming up) we will celebrate 56 years. Don't often get a chance to brag about it. Like most couples, we've had our moments but somehow worked through them.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Master
    WELL CHEARISH EVERY ONE OF THE YEARS AS THEY END TO SOON , MY WIFE HAD 61 and they ended in January she went to her reward and I still miss my best friend.
    Frank G.

Boolit Master

Congratulations.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Moderator Emeritus

Sorry for your loss Freightman. After my divorce I swore no more marriage after 30 years. Been with my gf now 3 1/2 years and living together almost two years now. We cannot believe how time flys now. I am 62 and it is unreal how fast it is going.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Winger Ed. View Post
    The new wife & I just had our 20th anniversary yesterday.
    We were both amazed at how quickly the time went by.
    Times changed, and fortunes improved.
    We're retired now and can finally take a little time to just sit on the patio and watch the world go by.

We've gotten so used to each other, I'm reminded of the story about another older couple that was sitting around one time
    as the holiday season was coming up- the husband asked his wife what she wanted for Christmas.
    She said, "I want a divorce".
    He thought about it a minute and told her, "Nah..... Too expensive. Think of something else".
    We're approaching our 40th, if we both make it that long. She's been sick for over 25 years now. I wouldn't have any clue how to be with anyone else, though, so I take care of her as best I can. She's given me three kids, and the best years of her life. Love your wife carefully, gently, and madly, because you never know how long you're going to need those memories. Mine is a decade younger than I am, and was, when I met her, the prettiest little girl I'd ever laid eyes on, as confirmed by the guy who was my competition, and still is as far as I am concerned. She's sick enough that I'll be both happy and sad when she goes. Happy she's not hurting anymore, and sad that I won't see her again for however long I last. I absolutely cannot imagine any other person putting up with me for as long as she has. I tell people we're still newlyweds.

Bill

Boolit Master
    We just hit 51 years of wedded bliss, this afternoon. Bless be the tie that binds, time has gone by so fast. Still love her as much as ever and count our blessings that we always worked at staying together.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government..... When the people fear their government there is tyranny, when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson

Congrats!

Big 40 coming in a few months here.

Boolit Master

Last Tuesday was my 80th and in August will be the love of my life's 75th and we are looking to our 54th in Nov. We did pretty good the first 15 or so but when we both asked Jesus into our lives a day apart the ties that bind got so much tighter and every year is a celebration of love. God's blessings on you all.
    Ole Jack
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.

Moderator Emeritus

Congrats Ed....when you have a good match all is right in the world!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

Each day is long but the March of Time into decades of days is short in Life's rearview mirror. There is no way to stop the merry-go-round but you can relive the memories - and you should. Celebrate every day.
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Buddy
    I am almost 70 and we have been married for 11 years now. Both of lost our spouses, cancer/car accident. Raised our kids alone and are having the time of our lives with the kids and grandkids. One more maybe getting married soon so more grandkids!!!

We are blessed beyond reckoning with our extended family. They are crazy, smart, successful, at times dysfunctional but love each other.

Wife and I have never argued. She laughs in the morning and laughs at night. More than I could have hoped for.

Don

Boolit Master
    42 years the end of June and I still don't know what she sees in me.

Boolit Master

I often wondered why I have lived so long.
    I am 80. My invalid wife is 75.
    I figured it out.
    It is to take care of my bride of our 60-year marriage.
    I can never repay her for the 59 years she has taken such good care of me.

Boolit Master

My 98 and 95 year old parents will celebrate their 73rd year of getting along with each other.

Holy Moly!

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
    My amendment can beat up your amendment.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Congrats to you and your better half Ed.

Another two months and it will be 50 for my bride and me. A lot of good years but you wonder sometimes where the time went. All I can say is that I wish I could have another 50 with her . . . I was truly blessed . . . . but you just live each day to the fullest and thank the good Lord for every day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast