Snyders JerkyInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Load DataTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Wideners Repackbox
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Midway USA

Boolit Buddy
    Midway to me for many years has been like doing your grocery shopping at the 7/11. I can always find things elsewhere cheaper delivered with little effort than Midway.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by elmacgyver0 View Post
    Try buying a suppressor, you will find out what waiting really is.
    Do as I do, make your own. (follow all rules).

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Cast10 View Post
    I’ve been with Midway over 40 years, when shipping was free……NRA - No thank you. Wayne - Heck no.

They really need to revisit shipping.
    100%!!!!!!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by bedbugbilly View Post
    Last I knew, you can accept or deny the NRA contribution.

Jus curious . . . do you ever order from Amazon? Penzi Spices> You you belong to AARO? Drink Coca Cola? Plenty of other companies as well . . . . if you do . . .YOU are contributing to "Progressive WOKE Movement. I belong to the NRA but, yea . . . it needs a shake-up and a good housecleaning . . . . but to let the possibility of what? Less than a dollar? To have it slip through when you have the opportunity to check the deny button but forget seems like a pretty minor thing in the scheme of life to let it ruin my day or get all upset about . . . life is too short.

As far as Midway . . . i have always had good service from them . . . if you haven't . . . there are others to buy from.
    See post #27

I've had just the opposite experience from Midway. They confirm an order, notify when it's shipped, and give a tracking number and expected date of delivery. More times than not the package shows up 2 or 3 days before the anticipated delivery date. That is not to say that the occasional package hasn't gone astray; but not from just Midway, but others as well, and that's the Post Office's fault. Midway just moved and is reorganizing their shipping. I expect improved service from them in the future, but not the Post Office!

DG

Boolit Master

I just checked; my package is setting in a P.O. ~85 miles from me AND has been for the last 3 days. MidwayUSA uses this type of "free" shipping so they stay in the ballpark with other online retailers. Yeah, it gets out of Midway's hands usually fairly quickly, but they KNOW its going to bottleneck down the road. The old "it's not Midway's fault" is a false narrative, they KNOW this will happen and they still allow it. I have never experienced this type of shipping arrangement with other sellers, not even *bay.

Boolit Grand Master

I just ordered from Midway with the cheapest shipping. The claim was up to 7 days. It came in 3. I shipped two items with the USPS with claimed delivery of two days. One took a 1 1/2 weeks and the other was 15 days.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master
    I noticed Midway is gluing the bottom flaps of their boxes in addition to tape. Makes them a bit more sturdy especially with heavy items.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Master

I also have had nothing but good service from them over the years. Many times I have gotten my shipment earlier than they said it would be here. I ordered some 4227 couple weeks ago. They said it would be 15+ days getting here. I got it in 10. I'm older, I don't sit and grind my teeth over such stuff as slow shipping. I've been thru so much stuff that is so much worse.

FREE SHIPPING is worth every penny

NRA LIFE Member

USPSA/IPSC

Boolit Master

Day 4 of captivity: My package is still at the same P.O. for 4 days now.

Moderator Emeritus

Just for the record -- I placed an order with MidwayUSA on line on Saturday 14 May 2022 -- this, after dinner (maybe 7:30PM EDT?) and wife and I went shopping this morning (20 May 2022) and -- guess what -- the package from MidwayUSA was on my porch landing! Five and one-half days?
    Not tooooo shabby, imho. Bion, dealing with MidwayUSA has never given me a warm and fuzzy feeling -- but it is their quick, reliable shipping which makes me coming back. A few years back I got a 100-box of brass with 90 cases in it. A 10% shortage, I rang their customer service and the lady advised they neither would nor could just send me the missing 10 cases. Instead I was given the choice of full $$$-credit for that purchase towards any future purchase -- or -- they'd send a replacement box. I elected the latter, and but a very few days later -- it was delivered.
    I reckoned I'd share my experience(s) with MidwayUSA.
    geo

Boolit Master

Congrats George.

Boolit Bub
    I've also considered Midway's shippping to be poor in the past, but I think things may have changed. Ordered about $100 worth of stuff on 5-18 and everything was delivered on 5-20. Prices were as good as any other vender I checked, or at least close enough that the "free" shipping made up for the difference. There was a hole about 1" in diameter from something poking through the box, but nothing lost or damaged. I can't fault Midway for that.

Boolit Grand Master

IDK. I usually look for the same item at several online sights and pick whose cheapest after shipping, taxes etc. Midway has always done ok by me and as for the 7 days, i find that reasonable.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

No surprise to me to see this thread.

Grafs
    Brownells
    Midsouth
    Natchez
    Wideners
    Titan
    Amazon

notice something? Yeah, Midway ain't even on the list. I quit ordering there years ago because their shipping charges were so much higher.
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by uscra112 View Post
    No surprise to me to see this thread.

Grafs
    Brownells
    Midsouth
    Natchez
    Wideners
    Titan
    Amazon

notice something? Yeah, Midway ain't even on the list. I quit ordering there years ago because their shipping charges were so much higher.
    That was true for awhile. They had so much pushback or lost business they change that. The last order I placed with Midway they were the cheapest for actual cost and shipping. A couple of places had it cheaper but it was not in stock. The Midway shipping was $7.70. Grafs had the item in stock for the same price but their shipping was $12.95.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Buddy
    I placed an order on May 19th, two different hearing protections and a pilot for my Lyman trimmer. They arrived today, May 21st. They were packed very well and everything arrived perfectly. I have never had a problem. I do live just down I 70 in central KS if that makes a difference.

The only problem I ever had with Midway is when they sold some "exclusive" red dot scopes they don't carry any more, I believe, they were were junk but they did replace the junk one with another junk one that I ended up with after warranty of course.

Boolit Buddy
    Hi folks, not sure what to say or how to put it. But shipping costs have gone through the roof. I have my own business that ships to customers on a regular basis. And receives from suppliers the same. The cost of shipping used to be minor, now it is a major event. The cost is ridiculous.

Back to Midway, at least they have items in stock. Maybe because their ship cost is a little higher. But at least I can get what I need. I have no issue with them.

Note that USPS has publicly stated that they are going to extend the time it takes to ship items. And it is already occurring, two-day Priority Mail is taking 3 to 4 days.

At this point I'm glad to get what I order. It may seem like I'm giving up, but not really. Reality is changing.

45_Colt

I fear that we are all going to see the day in this country when we will look back and wonder how we could have been so petty to worry about a few days, or even weeks of shipping time to receive goods that were SOOOOO unimportant and recreational.

When the insulin hasn't showed up for three weeks, or the electricity doesn't work on your allotted day, or when the only pumps with gas are fifty miles down the road --- then you'll have a cause to bitch. And it still won't do any good. jd
    It seems that people who do almost nothing, often complain loudly when it's time to do it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast