RotoMetals2WidenersSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Repackbox Titan Reloading

Thread: Finally got 1" groups out of the XDM 10mm.

Boolit Master

Finally got 1" groups out of the XDM 10mm.

Tried the Accurate #9 and some 220 grain plated bullets from RMR and 180 grain Hornady XTPs.

Love this powder!

Got an inch group at 25 yards with a mild load using 12.3 grains of powder under the XTP. 1151 fps average with 530 ft. lbs of energy.

Attachment 300231

Going to try the 200 grain XTPs and 200 grain Speer Gold Dots next.

Did a video at the range...

"Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Good results. Good video.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Master
    Is that 220 gr. or 180 gr. at 1151 f/s? The old NORMA factory load was 200 gr. FMJFP at 1150 f/s.
    If your load clocked that velocity with the 180s, then I see how the load might appear mild (STILL some serious "thump", IMO). If you're getting 1151 with the 220s, your load may not be as mild as you think!
    Either way, it's difficult to argue with 1" groups at 25 yards with even match-grade sidearms. So, BRAVO!
    For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. Ecclesiastes 1:18
    He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool become servant to the wise of heart. Proverbs 11:29
    ...Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matthew 25:40

Carpe SCOTCH!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kosh75287 View Post
    Is that 220 gr. or 180 gr. at 1151 f/s? The old NORMA factory load was 200 gr. FMJFP at 1150 f/s.
    If your load clocked that velocity with the 180s, then I see how the load might appear mild (STILL some serious "thump", IMO). If you're getting 1151 with the 220s, your load may not be as mild as you think!
    Either way, it's difficult to argue with 1" groups at 25 yards with even match-grade sidearms. So, BRAVO!
    That was 1151 with the 180 grain XTP.

The fastest I got with the 220's was 1202 fps with 12.3 grains, with an average of 1180 fps for that load with an energy of 680 ft lbs.

The 180's went 1270 fps avg with 13.5 grains for 645 ft lbs of energy.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River