Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataReloading EverythingWideners
Repackbox

Thread: Ideal 45 threaded rod

Ideal 45 threaded rod

I bought a 45 in need of some TLC. Will the threaded rod from other Lyman sizers fit the 45? My forum search skills did not provide the answer….
    Tony

Boolit Master
    I have both 45 & 450. I put a 450 threaded assembly and pressure screw in my 45. Will try to check tomorrow. They look the same. I had both apart when rebuilding but didn't try to swap parts. 0rings were the same size. My 45 lube dies don't have orings and are a little different on top if you look for any.

New parts are available from Paul Brown, lives in Alabama. 334-399-1773. He sells on Gunbroker.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/930892118

BTW he has the o-ring type piston ("pressure seal") that replaces the brass type. I just opgraded my 45 with one.
    Last edited by uscra112; 05-16-2022 at 01:32 AM.
    Cognitive Dissident

Fellas, thanks for the replies. I didn’t want to take a 450 with lube in it apart to try.
    Tony

Made contact with the gentleman from the great state of Alabama and have a rod on the way. He asked that I hold payment until I checked to make sure the rod would fit. Didn’t go through Gunbroker; I sent a text to the number above. He has “dozens of refurbished 450 lubrisizers and most parts.” Great guy to deal with.
    Tony

THE PRESSURE ROD ASSEMBLY WILL FIT IN A 45, YOU HAVE to change the cap or drill out the 45 cap.

The 450/4500 pressure screw and nut fit perfect on the 45. You can order the parts direct from Lyman on their website: https://www.lymanproducts.com/4500-l...lacement-parts
    Part# Price Desc.
    2990708 $6.57 4500 L S pressure nut w o rings
    2745820 $0.32 4500 L S Nylon Piston Stop Collar
    2990559 $7.90 4500 L S Pressure Screw

Get the Nylon Piston Stop Collar while you are at it, it'll keep the nut from bottoming out and you from having to make a mess to get it un stuck.

Shipping is a flat $5.00. $19.79 Total for a total upgrade, worth every penny too.

Boolit Master
    I replaced my 45 rod with a 450 rod about 30 hears ago. The cap does. need to be drilled a little larger to accommodate the 450 rod. Takes a minute or so to accomplish.
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Boolit Grand Master
    I was told (here) that the cap was changed during production of the 45 from the earlier (skeletonized) cap to the later, solid cap that is in continuous use to the present. Is that what you have found to be so? I think I have a spare solid cap in my chowder box, but I seem to have lost one of the older, skeletonized type somewhere in the black hole of my workbench. Anybody wanna trade instead of redrilling?

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"