Snyders JerkyInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
RepackboxRotoMetals2WidenersLoad Data
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Case drying temperatures

Boolit Master
    I just toss mine on a dedicated cookie sheet ( hint, don’t use wife’s ), set oven on lowest setting 170deg for thirty minutes and good to go.

Moderator Emeritus

In not-sunny-warm-dry times (RARE!) I use a Frankfort electric brass dryer. I put in an outboard switch for heat, as I do not need/use it all the time. On the rare sunny warm days, I place the brass on an aluminum tray and set it in full sun, tray balanced on a shop stool. I've been fortunate in not-yet had a time constraint requiring any brass "now", so -- again -- re the brass drying time, it has been pretty much one of my least concerns. Bion, too, I have neither checked, nor been concerned re the temperature.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FA Brass drying.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	101.2 KB 
ID:	300316Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sun-dry brass.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	300317
    geo

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by bangerjim View Post
    Here is AZ, I just spread them out on a big old towel on the side of the pool decking and leave them for a few hours. The get REAL hot! For free!

Everybody has access to the sun.......sometime! Use it and do not waste money on ovens, dehydrators, and electricity. Olde Sol does a great job of drying things.

banger
    similar to bager's ▲

see-saw back and forth in towel to remove majority of water

placed on DIY hardware cloth frame that sits off ground a few inches to allow circulation

got a square of black fabric to put on hardware cloth and then brass on it--really gets warm in Houston Sun

let it go for a couple of hours

if evening or raining will take this setup inside and sit unde ceiling fan overnight
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN/Cambodia War Games, 2nd Place

Boolit Buddy
    I use the convention toaster oven I use for PC. I usually have it set around 200 to dry brass, give it a few mins and then spread them out on a towel and let the heat evaporate any remaining water. Once I made the mistake of tossing a load of 223 brass in and then turning the oven on. Only once though. Apparently too much heat from the oven as it comes up to temp. When the cases came out they were hardened to the point that it was a bear resizing them. Several other loads of brass went through the oven that afternoon from the same container and only the one batch hardened up. It was something new to me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12