Load DataReloading EverythingInline FabricationRepackbox
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: its time to take her out again

Banned

its time to take her out again

i have an TC Encore with a 23" MGM heavy barrel in 444 marlin. i have killed deer with it and with many different boolits. the last was a 300gr SAECO fn gc with 2400/tuft of dacron going 1624fps. i know this is a "weak" load, but i'll be durned, it kills deer dead (rofl) . i have shot 250gr penta hp, 255gr "Keith" type, 275gr ranch dog, 280gr lfn gc and some others that i can't think about. i have 265gr Hornady fn and rel 7 loaded up and a few boxes of bullets.

this year, I'll take out a 280gr wfn gc with reloader 7 that goes 1937fps. i know, i know, it's still a "weak" load, but i don't care.

i took the wfn to the shop which has 125 yards range. at 125 yards, 3 shots will go into cloverleaf. 5 shots are under 1". i did the second group and it was still the same. i did the third group as fast as i could (under 2 minutes, one armed guy, i tell ya (rofl) ) and the first 3 was a cloverleaf, until the 4th and 5th shots were vertically strung and it goes 1 3/4" group. so the lesson learned today is not to shoot fast if you are concerned about the group.

its time to take the 444 out because i ain't been good to her for a couple of years.

First time I ever heard of 444 Marlin was reading Donald Pendletons book The Executioner. The very first one.

Boolit Master
    I don’t get mine out enough.
    Founder of the Single Shot section.

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have.

8 in the 10 ring, then I get a PING. Love my Garand.

Banned
    its been hard for me to do!!!!! i still have blood the 500L(TC Encore with a 23" MGM barrel) and i really luv my 35/30-30 and 9.3x57.