WidenersLoad DataRepackboxInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading

Thread: Gotta brag on Lee

Gotta brag on Lee

Some love 'em, some hate 'em- some are in between like me. Some of their stuff is like a kit for a tinkerer, and often the instructions are incomplete. But anyhow, I'm rebuilding a basket case Loadmaster, and ordered a boatload of parts. For anyone who doesn't know, most of Lee's parts ring up free once they are in your online cart, you just pay shipping. Quite nice I must say. Anyhow, after placing my large order early in the morning a few days ago, I got a call from a nice lady at Lee around lunchtime the same day- and it wad because she saw I ordered free part "x" and wanted to make sure I didn't need another free part that usually goes with "x". I was impressed. They had nothing to gain from that call, other than impressing a customer lol. But, I did wind up adding a different $6 item to the order that I had remembered so...
    Jordan Goodwin, Blacksmith
    www.axe-n-anvil.com

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by JuliettDeltaGolf View Post
    Some love 'em, some hate 'em- some are in between like me. Some of their stuff is like a kit for a tinkerer, and often the instructions are incomplete. But anyhow, I'm rebuilding a basket case Loadmaster, and ordered a boatload of parts. For anyone who doesn't know, most of Lee's parts ring up free once they are in your online cart, you just pay shipping. Quite nice I must say. Anyhow, after placing my large order early in the morning a few days ago, I got a call from a nice lady at Lee around lunchtime the same day- and it wad because she saw I ordered free part "x" and wanted to make sure I didn't need another free part that usually goes with "x". I was impressed. They had nothing to gain from that call, other than impressing a customer lol. But, I did wind up adding a different $6 item to the order that I had remembered so...
    I share your experience with Lee and keep a stash of spare parts for all my different types (6) of my Lee press's, permanently set up. All of the 12 calibers I currently load have their own turret heads permanently set up. All due to Lee's affordability. They all work with RCBS dies also, when I couldn't find a Lee. Started with the little box loader for .38 in 1976, Then .223, ,308, 12ga, etc ( wish I kept them ) Wife No. 3 sold them at a yard sale for 5.00.....Errrrrrr....Wife No. 4 knows better.
    “You should tell someone what you know. There should be a history, so that men can learn from it.

He smiled. “Men do not learn from history. Each generation believes itself brighter than the last, each believes it can survive the mistakes of the older ones. Each discovers each old thing and they throw up their hands and say ‘See! Look what I have found! Look upon what I know!’ And each believes it is something new.

Louis L’Amour

The Californios

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Electrod47 View Post
    I share your experience with Lee and keep a stash of spare parts for all my different types (6) of my Lee press's, permanently set up. All of the 12 calibers I currently load have their own turret heads permanently set up. All due to Lee's affordability. They all work with RCBS dies also, when I couldn't find a Lee. Started with the little box loader for .38 in 1976, Then .223, ,308, 12ga, etc ( wish I kept them ) Wife No. 3 sold them at a yard sale for 5.00.....Errrrrrr....Wife No. 4 knows better.
    After four wives, Lee stuff would be all I could afford...LOL.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    After 4 wives, lee stuf is all i would want??

You might want to get your Loadmaster parts while you still can, it's being discontinued.
    These men and their hypnotized followers call this a new order. It is not new. It is not order.

That's what I hear. Don't they usually keep parts around for discontinued stuff though? I can't wait to get my hands on it's replacement- that Pro 6000.
    Jordan Goodwin, Blacksmith
    www.axe-n-anvil.com

Yeah, I have a feeling that the Pro 6k will be a very nice press for the money.
    These men and their hypnotized followers call this a new order. It is not new. It is not order.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    After four wives, Lee stuff would be all I could afford...LOL.
    LMAO!

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

Nearly everything I own and use is Lee, it all works fine and dandy for me and they've always done me right with the few problems I've had.

just had a problem with .38 S&W carbide die sete - after getting someone to answer numerous phone attempts i was told that they would ship me part no charge , i had to pay shipping [ $9.34 for 2 ounce item from Wi. to NJ. ] - then was told they could not send it because Lee can not collect NJ sales tax + to order it from one of their distributers - of course after numerous tries only one had it but at inflated price + shipping - totally customer unfriendly -
    never pick a fight with an old man - if he is too old to fight he will just kill you -
    in this current crisis our government is not the solution , it is the problem ! -

ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

as they say in latin

Boolit Buddy
    yeah, they won't ship to MI either. which is too bad, though they were willing to send me some correct parts for a few things that were assembled incorrectly new from them without issue.

Quote Originally Posted by schutzen-jager View Post
    just had a problem with .38 S&W carbide die sete - after getting someone to answer numerous phone attempts i was told that they would ship me part no charge , i had to pay shipping [ $9.34 for 2 ounce item from Wi. to NJ. ] - then was told they could not send it because Lee can not collect NJ sales tax + to order it from one of their distributers - of course after numerous tries only one had it but at inflated price + shipping - totally customer unfriendly -
    That sounds more like a problem of a money grubbing state writing complicated & screwed up laws, than a gripe with Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by deces View Post
    That sounds more like a problem of a money grubbing state writing complicated & screwed up laws, than a gripe with Lee.
    problem is wrong part installed in new die set , why charge S+H for their own mistake - iirc they will not ship to over 21 states where lee customers can not buy direct from them because of tax issue -
    never pick a fight with an old man - if he is too old to fight he will just kill you -
    in this current crisis our government is not the solution , it is the problem ! -

as they say in latin

Well just received my 38 special crimp die from lee and so far they are winners! The only thing I have bought from Lee that actuality works!
    Last edited by super6; 09-23-2022 at 03:38 PM.
    Give me something to believe in. Poison
    Arosmith What it takes
    A 12 step program

Boolit Master
    I don’t get this, they don’t have to collect or pay sales tax on an item that’s no charge due to warranty. Just doesn’t make sense.

Lee lost me when they dropped the best primer tool ever and replaced it with a poor one. I have some Lee dies though that have worked just fine for many years..

Quote Originally Posted by jetinteriorguy View Post
    I don’t get this, they don’t have to collect or pay sales tax on an item that’s no charge due to warranty. Just doesn’t make sense.
    they wanted to charge me 50% of greatly inflated list price was told to order from an EBAY web sight -

as they say in latin

Boolit Master
    they wanted to charge me 50% of greatly inflated list price was told to order from an EBAY web sight -
    Sorry, I was referring to post #10 where you stated they were shipping it free of charge and all you had to pay was shipping. If there is no charge there shouldn’t be any sales tax since it’s not a sale. Lee must just not want to mess with shipping to the states where they have the issues with sales tax collections regardless of whether they charge tax or not.