Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Repackbox
WidenersReloading EverythingLoad DataLee Precision
Titan Reloading

Thread: CHARGEMASTER LINK ELECTRONIC POWDER DISPENSER with Unique

Boolit Buddy

CHARGEMASTER LINK ELECTRONIC POWDER DISPENSER with Unique

Any one have feedback on the new RCBS powder dispenser using flake powders?

Boolit Master

Mine is about 5 years old. It doesn’t matter what powder it measures. The mass on the display matches my 5-0-5 dead on every time.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Master

^^^^^^Yep, what David2011 said. Wonderful powder measure. I've owned mine for 4 years and very happy.

Boolit Master
    Had a Chargemaster since they first came out. Best thing since sliced bread. Mine does have one quirk with very fine spherical powders when dispensing small charges. Whenever, dispensing the first charge, say 7.0 grains of AA #7powder, it will meter out 9 grains. Only does that with the very first charge. No matter, I always verify the first charge against my RCBS beam scale. Never happens with flake or stick powders. BTW, the first charge up in the memory is 5.0 grains of Unique.

Couple of years ago, the display wouldn't light up. I suspected the power supply adaptor cord was bad. Borrowed a friends power supply and it worked. Found a replacement on Amazon for less than ten dollars.

Winelover.

Boolit Buddy
    My chargemaster performs fine with Unique. The last time I used it was for unique charges under a 95 grain boolit in 243.

Boolit Master

I will jump in too, my chargemaster works great with Unique and 700x. There are some mods you can buy to make the older ones work even better. Check out the youtube videos.

Boolit Master

I have had the RCBS for years now and I can't find fault with it. It does want to have problems with very fine powder but there is a simple cure for that. Take a pair of small needle nosed pliers and pull the tubes out until you feel them hit the end of their spring action and release them. That will clean the powder gathered in the crevice's of the powder feed. The first time I ran into this problem I called customer service at RCBS and a very nice lady told me how simple it is to clear the build up on the powder in the crevice's. My experience anyway, james

Boolit Master
    Santa brought me a Chargemaster Lite last Christmas.

I should have gotten one years ago,such a wonderful machine.

Static is the only little distraction -only in winter-, powder "jumps" up around inside the reservoir walls. It's hard to clean when changing powders. We may have 10% humidity for months.

You only forget the drain plug open once when switching powders,lesson learned.

Boolit Buddy
    Got one. Really like the accuracy with flake powder. Loading some max loads with heavy cast for 38. Don't mind the short wait to make sure I don't go over max.

Boolit Buddy
    Did some reloads using Trailboss for. a rifle and it works well too. Made things more relaxing as I find trickling by hand a bit tense.

Boolit Grand Master
    Nice to see others are in the same boat with me.

There was a thread bashing electric scales a little while ago. I thought maybe my Chargemaster was a unicorn because it has worked for over 20 years.

Must be just the new stuff that is junk. Oh well, once mine dies, I will get another one and hope the grid is not down from charging EV’s.
    Don Verna

Cast Boolits Owner

I love mine. I use it for all load development and for all loading of rifle cartridges.
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Master
    My Chargemaster lite shows .1 grain lighter than what three of my beam scales show so it is off by .10. I don't worry because it is consistently off by the same amount all the time so I just dial in that extra .1 to my load and check it every 20 drops or so. I asked RCBS about fixing it.................... yea, right. They are fantastic in their customer service on most stuff but if it is electronic then you are talking to a whole different person on the other end of the phone!!!! They want you to send it to somewhere for repairs. I am sure that would cost double the price of a new unit.