Snyders JerkyWidenersLoad DataTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationReloading EverythingRepackbox
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New response to spam calls

Boolit Master
    I just explain how they are late to the party and we already sent all the extra money in the bank account in form of gift cards back to amazon for the overpayment they made into our account but if they hurry they can still be here in time for the party but they will need to bring another bottle of scotch with them and maybe possibly they could put our name on their charity list to help pay the overdue electric bill.

Boolit Master

My Home phone answering machine blocks robo calls as it prompts for an action to let it through. We have all the #'s we talk with exempted from that and they come right in.

No problem we don't even know when it is blocking a call.

I was getting around 5 calls a day for med. insurance, everyday. I answered and was asked to speak to me. I guess I didn't jinx myself and said that sorry he past away. This was a few months ago and all the, in-state, spam from these types immediately stopped.

I was unable to get an extended warranty for my 1948 Kaiser Fraiser or my 1916 Stutz Bearcat. I am disappointed.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Moderator Emeritus

TWO notes re unsolicited calls:
    1st, an article a short time back in the N Y Times kind of opened my eyes to the calls we'd get with our area code and a local NNX appearing, to -- when picked up -- there'd be nothing at caller's end. Huh? It turns out that persons have computers which dial random telephone numbers with "masks" -- YOUR local NNX and area code -- exclusively to determine if the number dialed is a legitimate, working number. Anytime one answers, then the number is transferred to a list of "guaranteed working telephone number which was answered by a person" -- said lists then sold to telemarketers at a premium price. I read this article as, "If I do not recognize the number, regardless, I will not pick up!"
    2ndly, I have two cellular telephones -- both Apple 7+s. I use one for most all uses, but NEVER EVER dial anyone other than family and friends on the other. I order goods with the first mentioned 'phone, make reservations, and the like. Guess what? I can pretty much count on my fingers the number of calls I receive on the 2nd cellular telephone, while receiving many, many such calls on my primary 'phone! Hence, I am 100% convinced/certain that the unsolicited calls come from outgoing calls made!
    geo

Sure, google and Amazon sell your phone and emails. Then there are many secondary companies doing the same thing. I have a business number on my cell phone that is accessed through an app on the phone. Works well. The main phone still has MS area code, and I live in Arkansas. If I ge ANY MS area code call that is on my regular number it is ignored as the only folks that call me are on my contact list. I do have to answer business phone number, and that is where the scam calls come to

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk