Titan ReloadingWidenersLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingLee Precision
Inline Fabrication RotoMetals2

Thread: 429421 Molds in the current market.

Boolit Mold

429421 Molds in the current market.

Boys I picked one heck of a time to get into casting..

Been having great success with my 158 38 boolits, now trying to get into casting for my Ruger 4 5/8 flattop bisley 44 special.

Found a couple 2 cavity molds on ebay, but gosh ebay makes me nervous... really like a 4 cavity as well.

What's you gentleman's source for quality molds that are available nowdays?

Also should I stick with the Lyman mold, or are others better/ as good?

Thanks for your time!

Boolit Master
    They all really make good molds. The biggest decision is do you want steel, brass, or an aluminum mold.

The steel Lyman, RCBS, Ideal, and H & G are always good.

The inexpensive Lee aluminum molds are usually good, sometimes great, and sometimes not.

If you want hollow point then NOE and MP offer the biggest selection and are both great. Brass and aluminum.

The most customizable are Accurate, but no hollow point. Brass, aluminum and steel I think.

There are others, but these are the most popular. Pick what looks cool and that fits your specs and try them all, they will always trade if you don’t like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to Cast Boolits. The Swapin & Sellin (S&S) section on here is another source. Even though you have fewer then 30 posts you can still buy or post a Want to Buy ad (WTB) there. Just be sure to keep any WTB inquires in S&S and read the rules for that area.

Finding 4 cavity moulds for the old steel ones can be a little tough and it also depends on your budget. All of my 4 cavity moulds are MP or NOE brass. The steel Lyman and H&G's are singles or doubles.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

I’d look no further than here. Custom cut to your alloy. No better molds on the market.
    http://www.accuratemolds.com/bullet_...bullet=43-250K
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:7

Boolit Master
    +1 for Accurate Molds....you can't go wrong.
    COME AND TAKE IT
    Let’s Go Brandon!!!!

Boolit Buddy
    +1 on Accurate Molds, very good quality and can make to the size you want. I have several and they are top notch. They have become my favorites.

Arsenal also makes a nice affordable mold, I’ve got a couple. They have a 429421 copy.

MP makes very nice molds, I’ve had one, but sold it because I didn’t like messing with the hollow point pins.

NOE also make nice molds I have several.

Lee 6cav are great, but they don’t make a 429421 copy, but the 429-200 RF is hard to beat IMO.

I only use aluminum molds. I’ve had steel and brass, but I like aluminum the best.
    Last edited by Wheelgun; 07-10-2022 at 05:38 PM.
    “You’ve got to slow down to be fast” - Dad

Boolit Grand Master
    +1 for Accurate, +1 for NOE, Lee makes good for the money mold. That's where I'd go first. Other good ones out there, but sometimes it a hit & miss. Save the frustration and go with the first two or even the third one listed above.

Boolit Master
    +1 for Accurate Molds, the best molds I have ever used.

Boolit Buddy
    Save yourself a lot of time and possibly money and use Accurate Molds to start with.
    Tony

Boolit Master
    Arsenal Molds makes the later version of 429421 called the #503 which is my favorite, I have a 5 cavity that cost about $100 shipped. I'm sure they make a 429421 as well. They are very good quality molds for the money.

MP Molds has a 6 cavity #503 but they are not in stock. You can put your name on a waiting list and Miha will let you know when it runs. https://www.mp-molds.com/product/mp-...lid-6-cav-alu/ I have one of these as well. Also around $100 shipped. The 2 molds that I requested notification for ran in less than 2 months.
    Last edited by Mal Paso; 07-11-2022 at 01:24 PM.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Grand Master

You are actually in the very best time to start casting. Custom mold makers are more available, and the quality is as good as any in the past. Pick your choice and be confident that you will get the best ever available.

When I started the only custom molds available were the Lee, and you sometimes waited for a year or more to get what might be what you wanted or may have been misscut. Actually, I miss stated, 'cause Walt was still alive and I have a couple of his molds.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

I would watch EBay for H&G # 503 or #45.
    #503 is one incredibly accurate Keith bullet in 44 special and 44 mag.
    I shoot my 44 special S&W early post war gun a TON and love its accuracy.
    The #45 is the standard 240gr swc bullet.
    I have that one in a gas check and use it for full house 44's in the Ruger Super Blackhawk 3 screw. Super accurate too.
    You will probably pay a lot for them (the #503 is the go-to bullet for 44) but you only have to pay for it once.
    4 cavity or maybe even 6 cavity if it shows up.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

I have a late '70 4 cav. Lyman #429421 & an Accurate 43-210A 5 cav. alum. The Lyman is a good mold & the 429421 is accurate: however, the Accurate 43-210A is my favorite in my GP100s (I have 2) & my 5.5" Ruger Bisley. My son & his friend also prefer the Accurate 210A.

I have 5 Accurate molds & like them.

Boolit Mold
    Wow you guys rock!

So Arsenal only seems a few weeks out, so I ordered a brass 4 cav 419421 copy.