Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Wideners
Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ruger Single six magnum 32 H&R.

Boolit Master

Ruger Single six magnum 32 H&R.

I traded into a Ruger Single Six Magnum 32 H&R this week. It cane with box and was in like new condition. Ill remedy that before too long.

I had a Single Seven 327 Federal, but sold it as I didn't ever shoot the 327 loads. They were obnoxiously loud and I wanted the pistol to carry as a companion hunting revolver. So i was dissatisfied with the setup. Plus, for some reason, I just dont care for stainless steel handguns.

Well the SSM was made in 1985 (2nd year) and is in great condition.

I sure wish I had the Marlin 1894 Cowboy 32 H&R back that I sold, but i got my moneys worth out of it. I'm sure value has increased much more by now, but, oh well.

I'll get around to casting up some wadcutters or MP 100 or 110 HPs and see how some of these loads shoot. Out to be a fairly cheap load, but plenty powerful for varmints.

Just wanted to share. Cant seem to upload any photos at the moment.

Boolit Master

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Resized_20220512_084205.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	300157

Got it done.

Boolit Grand Master
    I have three Single 7's, and an SP 101, but if I had found a 32 H&R, especially a Bisley, I might not have bothered. Is that muzzle wear or just light reflecting off the barrel?
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Master

Just light reflecting.

I honestly believe it is unfired with the faintest cylinder turn ring (that i believe i have put on there myself).

I could find no other marks or blemishes in the metal ot the wood.

I have one of the single six bisleys in 32 mag. It is my most accurate single action revolver. I also have a bisley single seven. I have had a love hate relationship with the 327 cartridge for the same reasons that you state. My 32 journey started with the 32 mag, and I made the progression into the 327. Now I am back where I started, and am very happy. Here is the pair.
    Due to the price of primers, warning shots will no longer be given!

Boolit Master

Nice pair of 32 calibers. Like the Bisley.

I found myself only shooting 32 H&R in my 327. I think I still have 1k starline 327 brass still new in the bag.

I will probably dig it out sometime soon and list it. I dont ever see me going back to a 327.

Boolit Master

I was looking to try a Bisley when I found this one. Ended up swapping a 28 gauge 11-48 for it.

Moderator Emeritus

I have a 5 1/2" SSM [Single shot Magnum}. It likes the RCBS 98 swc and Unique. The Lee 90 gr SWC and 2.5 gr BE. That may be the only bullet I tumble lube. It does well with a 3118 NOE that my CA Professional likes sized to 0.315" over AA2. I have to have grips that fit my hand and Ruger factory ones do not. When they do, they are a lot of fun.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

I have tried a bunch of different bullets in both, and have found none better than the NOE 314-319 rnfp. This mold was supposedly designed for the 7.62x39. It doesn’t seem to matter whether you shoot it slow or fast. It just works for me. I size to .314” for all. My favorite load for the 32mag is this bullet over 4.0 grains of unique with a cci 500. Check your throats. If I remember correctly, the older ones had a little tighter throats. Mine are all .314”. I would guess that yours are .313”
    Due to the price of primers, warning shots will no longer be given!

I think I have it's sister. Mine is a 6 1/2" and was made in early '85. Never had a 32 mag, but now love them. Ruger made some tough guns back then. Just picked up a Police Service Six made in '82 and it's a beauty.

Boolit Man
    Very nice! I wouldn't mind finding a good deal on a .327 Bisley one day.

Boolit Grand Master
    I have long belittled the 32 H&R magnum-wannabe. Now I have a Buckeye Special 32 Combo and a S&W Model 631 (w/4” barrel and adj sights) so I guess I’m coming around. I inherited a recipe for the Lee group buy Keith bullet over a modest charge of HP38. Magnum it ain’t, fun it is!

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Frog View Post
    I have long belittled the 32 H&R magnum-wannabe. Now I have a Buckeye Special 32 Combo and a S&W Model 631 (w/4” barrel and adj sights) so I guess I’m coming around. I inherited a recipe for the Lee group buy Keith bullet over a modest charge of HP38. Magnum it ain’t, fun it is!

Froggie
    I have had a 4" 631 since it first came out. I mostly shoot 32S&W Longs in it - and use 98 grain swc's and 2.1 grains of Bullseye. Been using the Lee 314 98 TL mold if I remember right.
    Britons shall never be slaves.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by BK7saum View Post

Name:	Resized_20220512_084205.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	300157

Got it done.
    You're gonna love that revolver.... I've lots of data from 32 WC loads to high end magnum loads developed and pressure testeed with the Ruger Single Six 32 H&R in mind.

Name:	0509190943.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	76.9 KB 
ID:	300175
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Boolit Mold
    We've just recently been bitten by the .32 H&R Mag bug. Have a S&W 631 as well as two Single sixes. One shown here and the other in limbo in Idaho at a gunsmith's. Cool little cartridge.

Can't post photo
    Last edited by Markwell; 05-13-2022 at 07:54 PM.

Boolit Grand Master
    I wonder whether the bean counters at the manufacturers ever read these threads. Getting revolvers in any of the 32 family of calibers out of Ruger is difficult and from Smith & Wesson it's worse than pulling teeth! Ruger's 32 caliber SA 7 DA revolvers are hard to find and any Smith 32 has become unicorn-like.
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Buddy
    Being a fan of 32 pistols but an always lousy photographer I'll title this photo as Hard Unicorn. The blue Ruger Single Six is about as perfect a woods loafer in 32 H&R as anything ever made. Near perfection.

I guess that I thought that Ruger would make them forever and they're all gone now. Sadly!
    I had one 4-5/8"- my favorite- barrel, two 6-1/2", and one 9-1/2".
    These Prairie Dogs were taken long ago at close to 100yds with a scoped 6-1/2 SSM and the 85gr pre XTP jhp Hornady at book maximum. I sold the too long one first.
    It is a very handy cartridge in a perfect trail gun- The Ruger SSM.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BK7saum View Post
    I was looking to try a Bisley when I found this one. Ended up swapping a 28 gauge 11-48 for it.
    Where do you keep your bandit's mask ?
    Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by pietro View Post
    Where do you keep your bandit's mask ?
    no bandits mask on this one. They are bringing about even money on gunbroker. The 12 and 20 11-48s are much cheaper but the 28s are about what the 32s are running.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast