MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Load DataSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Repackbox
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Redding's new policy - Make junk

Boolit Master at Heaven's Range 2010

bad service

could it be the quality of the american youth??to many have lived the good life maybe we need areal disaster.
    I also believe it is partialy the fault of gov controls.clean air is fine but when it drives companies out of business or out of the country,then it is ruiness.
    The Lee products are made on state of the art machines,and by using alluminum
    in the molds and die castings where posible he can produce at less cost.and he does not have to grind reamers.the old way of doing things make it harder to keep up.I like Lee products but I do have most others.having been a machinist I understand how things are done.there are to many jerks at the low level,and there are some very good lads here that can make you molds as good or better than the big boys.you might try them.
    WILDCATT

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Willbird View Post
    I did take time to write Redding from their page and express my dismay over how the OP was treated on this deal, I put a link to this thread right in the email. Bill
    I gave Redding this info when on the phone with them. Also informed them that my web site gets about 1 million page views a year and I'm thinking of devoting an entire page to Redding quality/customer service and gave them the URL http://www.lasc.us. They thanked me for the info and said their lawyers would look it over. I hope they do, I posted nothing that was even exaggerated much less false.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Boolit Grand Master

I forgot to mention in post #31 that after my phone conversation with Redding the micrometer case trimmer (see post #1) came back in that afternoon's mail. Haven't trimmed any brass with it yet but at least the cutting head doesn't bob up and down while turning the micrometer drum in like it did. The micrometer drum bobs up and down but not the cutting head, at least from a visual inspection, I haven't put a dial indicator on it yet just because i have lost so much enthusiasm for what was supposed to be premium tools.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

CRPA Life Member

Boolit Buddy
    Lee's classic cast press will be my next single stage. I have used their old aluminum one for 25 years and its getting wobbly in the ram area. Its been thru he@@. I still load all my rifle ammo with it though. Jim

Boolit Master
    Personally I find it very discouraging to hear this about Redding's quality and customer service. Well, maybe not surprising about their customer service - a friend of mine had a Redding shell holder fail a while back and called them about it. It was for a .30-378 Wby, if memory serves me, and the part of the SH that holds the case just pulled off.

The person that he spoke to essentially said 'tough; buy a new one.' He replied that he would, but that it would say RCBS on it.

Anyhow, I sent Redding a very polite letter containing a link to this thread, and explained that I was hugely disappointed in them. I explained that I will no longer patronize or recommend them unless this matter is resolved to cbrick's satisfaction.

Will they care? I dunno. One can hope.

Guess I'll be buying my relaoding gear from someone else in the future, though.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Buddy
    The sad part is all they had to do was make it right. If they did that, no negative press about it. Make it right and keep your customers happy. They don't even want to check to make sure the product is correct and not faulty.

I have gotten 2 bad products from Lee. One a incorrectly cut bullet mould, and the other a 7.62x39 sizing die. The die would scratch cases heavily on the neck. The die was corrected within a 2 week turnaround (shipping both ways included) and the bullet mould was replaced.

Boolit Master

NW Ohio, almost as N and W as you can be :-)
    I got a reply to the email I sent to Redding, if anybody would like a copy you can PM me and I will send it to you. I am satisfied they did make an effort to remedy the situation. The person who emailed me said he asked to see the bullet mold in question and has not received it yet.

Bill
    Both ends WHAT a player

anachronism
    I'm sorry to hear about your troubles, but it sounds like they still handled it better than Hornady or Lyman might have.

Boolit Buddy
    My first reloading press was a Lyman Spar-T. Under the turret was a collar with a set scew that you could adjust to align the die with the shell holder. It was good to go from the factory so I never had to touch it.

Does the Redding have this feature? It looks like a great press from the pictures.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207 View Post
    Sheesh! I will forward this to Mom for whatever good it will do.
    Bret,
    Did you ever hear back from here ?
    IHMSA # 566 "time sure flies when you're having FUN"

Boolit Grand Master

Redding's email response to the thread

No, the T-7 doesn't have that feature but I'm fairly certain the problem I've had with two different presses is that the hole in the rear of the press isn't quite in the right place and there is no adjustment for it. Redding flat denied that this was even possible.

Redding answered emails in response to this thread and the main drift of a rather lengthy paragraph was to discredit me. The person that forwarded this email to me asked not to post it so I won't but a few of Redding's highlights,

1> He said I am hiding behind a "handle" in this forum, not true, many here know exactly who and where I am. For any that don't they simply need to click on cbrick to look at my profile then click on my web page, lots of info about me there. I am not hiding from or behind anything.

2> Redding (Robin Sharpless, Director of Sales & Marketing, Redding Reloading Equipment) said that I explained how much I like my Rockchucker. That is a blatant lie and he knows it. I mentioned the Rockchucker only to say that I put the same shell holder, the same cartridge case and the same Redding carbide die in the Rockchucker to test if the brass or shell holder where the problem. It wasn't. I never told him if I liked or hated it, simply that I did this test and the alignment was perfect where it's not in either the first or the second T-7.

3> He said the alignment of the first T-7 returned to the factory was perfect (but he did admit one of the four die plates was off) and therefore the second one (press and four die plates) that I still have is also perfect and no, he doesn't want it back because there is nothing wrong with it. He said in his email that the store paid shipping to return the press and he knows full well that I paid $40.00 up front for shipping before the store would consider returning it.

4> He said that he offered me a full refund. That is a blatant lie, he did not, he offered nothing from Redding. His best offer was "Take it back and buy RCBS".

5> He said that in my posts here "there have been a host of truths which were electively omitted". Another blatant lie. I didn't even exagerate anything.

6> He said that he asked for the SAECO moulds to be returned. A blatant lie. Very little of our 23 minute phone call (my dime) was about the moulds but rather than ask for their return he specifically said he didn't want them back because like the presses, there is nothing wrong with them.

There is much more in his lengthy email and the majority of it is directed solely at discrediting me.

Hiding behind "cbrick"

CRPA Life Member

In Remembrance

Redding versus Dillon

Seems to be a substantial difference between Redding & Dillon. . .

First off, I'm not all that big of a Dillon fan. When I was younger, the Moonies kinda scared me. I'm funny that way about cults, and too many Dillon owners remind me of Moonies. "So, why did you buy a Dillon?"

Answer from Dillon Moonie, "Why, everyone says buy Dillon."

"Any particular reason?"

Answer from Dillon Moonie, "Who needs a reason, man. Don't be blasphemous."

But, and this is a huge BUT . . . when there was a related issue here regarding a questionable tactic employed by a Dillon salesperson, a rep from Dillon not only showed up here, but threw down the Welcome mat. He did professionally and with great credibility.

He did it so well, in fact, that I'm feeling a little Moonish myself.

Redding comes under the gun, and what happens? Redding customer gets called an SOB, a liar, cheat and other bad names. Redding is all that is Holy, Cbrick is all that is unholy. Several folks from here, (present hermit and anti-society Recluse included) e-mailed and/or called Redding for THEIR side of the story and some, (present company included) included a link to this issue.

Seems Redding is too busy manufacturing crap to be bothered with us lowlife, low-class, hillybilly, cousin-marrying, redneck LEAD BOOLIT shooters.

Least, that's the way I take it when snubbed.

So let's review: Member here gets upset at Dillon, and Dillon comes to Cast Boolits. Talks, chats, friendly, informative. Class act from a class cult, er, uh, COMPANY.

Another member here gets upset at Redding and Redding proceeds to discredit said member based upon a forum moniker rather than addressing their CUSTOMER'S problem with his purchase.

On thing is for danged certain--I'd rather dip my butt in honey butter and squat in a fireant bed than buy any (more) Redding equipment.

Reckon I need to sign up for The Blue Press. At least Dillon stands behind their products.

Boolit Grand Master

Now come on Recluse, I don't believe for a second that you married your cousin. Well, second cousin maybe but not the first.

Rick

CRPA Life Member

This is kind of off topic; but not.

Recently, 3 weeks ago I ordered a Dillon Terminator Digital scale. Misinformed, I thought "all" Dillon products were made in the good ole USA. I knew, paying $140 for Dillon's digital scale seemed a tad high; but ordered over the Internet just the same. Days prior to ordering, I had to return two "brand new" RCBS's ChargeMaster 1500s. One quit working two days after receiving it from Natchez Supply. The other, a new replacement for my older machine would not work"out of the box!" I've now made up my mind to sell two new CHargeMasters, once I receive one more back from RCBS. One was delivered yesterday by UPS. I'm not even going to unwrap it. According to RCBS, as of yesterday they have no idea when they will be receiving more. Had I not called, I would not even be in line for "my" second one. Somehow, they (RCBS) had misplaced my paperwork. Yeah, right.

Anyway, I did receive my Dillon Terminator. I'd never seen one "in person". Right off the bat, "MADE IN CHINA" greeted my eyes. Not only that, the top dust cover was cracked. And, the protective case I paid extra for had been backordered without my knowing it. I called Dillon; speaking with Tim. After listening to my complaint, regarding the protective case Tim told me "It's on a slow boat from China! I don't know when we will get them!" Now, remember I've already paid for this item. And, when I mentioned the cracked dust cover, he did say he would find one "lying" around the shop; and send it to me. When I asked about the scale, having been made in China, Tim replied rather tartly, "Well Sir, would you pay $400 for the same scale made in the USA!" I don't know, this guy needs a lesson in Customer Etiquette IMO.

CBRick, I hope you get your moulds straightened out. Question, would you like to buy a slightly used RCBS 2 cavity .452 mould, purchased two weeks ago from Midway? The two halves align in the handles properly; but the two halves comprising the bullet don't match. RCBS says "Return it, at your expense and we'll send you a new set!" I think it's time for me to reevaluate where I spend my money.

GRB

Boolit Bub
    I bought a gem scale that is accurate to 1/100 of a grain with more total capacity and sensitivity for under $100 shipped. Regular price is just $140 plus shipping. Oh...LIFETIME GUARANTEE , but made in China

My China made Dillon scale died after being used twice (the second time was two years after I bought it). I called Dillon and got the "out of warranty" line..ok, they have me there..but they would rebuild mine for something linke $80 plus shipping both ways and then no guarantee on the new unit.

Dillon is slipping fast. Check out www.myweigh.com the GemPro500. I have had the scale for 3 months and love it. The Dillon doesn't come near this scale in any way at all.

Oh, I failed to mention; I just this moment decided my "Dillon's" going back.

GRB

Well color me disapointed. I was hoping for a forum response from a Redding representative.
    I own Redding products as well as reloading equipment from other manufacturers. While I have no complaints I was curious to see how Redding would respond to this problem.
    That Dillon took the time to respond to the other thread to help correct a customer service problem speaks volumes to me.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is final!
    Will kill for food!

Boolit Master

NW Ohio, almost as N and W as you can be :-)
    I always took the Dillon stuff with a grain of salt. But finally I wanted a progressive that I could readily buy caliber conversions for, etc., etc. so I bought one.

I have not needed their factory service for anything so I cannot speak good or bad about it.

The only Redding products I have bought are dies, and they are indeed excellent dies.

I would recommend that anybody that feels the OP was wronged by redding take the time to go to their webpage and send them an email.

Bill
    Both ends WHAT a player

Hey FlutedChamber!
    Thank you for the link to myweigh.com.!! I ordered one of their scales, model GemPro 500 yesterday from:

http://www.oldwillknottscales.com/my...empro-500.aspx

It's already shipped! I'll have my new scale tomorrow! I'll let the board know what I think; once I have a chance to actually use it.

GRB

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenRoyBoy View Post
    Hey FlutedChamber!
    Thank you for the link to myweigh.com.!! I ordered one of their scales, model GemPro 500 yesterday from:

http://www.oldwillknottscales.com/my...empro-500.aspx

It's already shipped! I'll have my new scale tomorrow! I'll let the board know what I think; once I have a chance to actually use it.

GRB
    You are quite welcome my good man. I ordered mine from Jewelry Television (of all places) but they had the best price as I wrote before. They buy in such volume that they sell it at a little above their cost as a loss leader. I checked before I wrote about the scale to you and Jewelry Television no longer lists the scale on it's website.

The scale is a little smaller in size than the Dillon, but is better constructed and has many more (useful) features than the Dillon ever had.

Enjoy

Roy

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast