Inline FabricationReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Load Data
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Repackbox Wideners
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Redding's new policy - Make junk

Boolit Mold
    Contact Dillon Reloading, their products are guaranteed for life. No questions.

Boolit Grand Master

Hope your problems were a fluke, but it sounds hard to believe it was.

All my Redding stuff, including my T-7 turret press have been wonderful tools
    and very well made. I hope this continues and your problems are solved
    soon.

Bill
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Quote Originally Posted by booboo1000 View Post
    Contact Dillon Reloading, their products are guaranteed for life. No questions.
    DILLON should get into the mold making business
    IHMSA # 566 "time sure flies when you're having FUN"

Boolit Master

NW Ohio, almost as N and W as you can be :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne S View Post
    DILLON should get into the mold making business

I DO like Dillon products, I own an RL550B. But not ALL their products are no BS lifetime warranty. Also they are quite pig headed about some things like expander plugs. many of us use larger than factory dia bullets, for example .432 in 44 magnum. Dillon told me I have "no need" for a .432 expander because 44 magnum uses .429 bullets.

Bill
    Both ends WHAT a player

Moderator Emeritus
    Quote Originally Posted by Willbird View Post
    I DO like Dillon products, I own an RL550B. But not ALL their products are no BS lifetime warranty. Also they are quite pig headed about some things like expander plugs. many of us use larger than factory dia bullets, for example .432 in 44 magnum. Dillon told me I have "no need" for a .432 expander because 44 magnum uses .429 bullets.

Bill
    Wow Dillon are just amazing, right even when they are wrong.

Thats the attitude I got of them when I tried to buy one of their presses.

They never got my money and I got just as good if not better at less cost from somewhere else, thank you Dillon.

For fine firearms and shooting requisites visit my Web Site by clicking the link below:

Pukka Bundhooks

Boolit Bub
    Not to hijack the thread, but while I will agree that Dillon is a good company, their "guarantee" now seems to be at the whim of the person who receives the call. I, and others, have had bad experiences with Dillon not standing behind their guarantee.
    Last edited by waksupi; 01-26-2009 at 12:14 PM.

BACK ON TRACK GENTLEMEN lets wait to see in the problem with Redding/Saeco plays out
    IHMSA # 566 "time sure flies when you're having FUN"

My T7 and my Redding Comp dies are all top notch, no complaints. Most of my RCBS stuff is the same way and likewise my Hornady. Now, a good bunch of my Lee stuff is very good but top notch......ehhh, not so much. Great value but not top notch. I've got SAECO moulds that are great, no complaints. I've got some Lyman and Ideal moulds like that too and a couple of RCBS. LBT is near perfect and I have many of those. My guess is Redding will read this and take note.
    R J Talley
    Teacher/James Madison Fellow

Boolit Master

Dillon make molds? They would want $500 and the blue would burn off. I have a set of Redding dies and a set of RCBS in same cal both dont match the listed specs.

Boolit Master
    Guys, if you are wanting moulds made in the USA what about Ballisticast. They have the old H & G equipment and are making the same designs and moulds from what I understand and the same quality. So why not use these. I know they cost more but you get what you pay for generally.....Wes
    The problem in America today is, there are to many fools making to many rules that don't apply to themselves. Now just wait until the new pres. takes office and see what happens!!!!!

Boolit Grand Master

I just spent 23 minutes on the phone with Redding. Redding's best advice, nothing wrong with their products . . . it's all me and I should buy RCBS products.

NO . . . that's not a joke, that's what Redding told me. Several times in fact.

The first T-7 press went back to Redding with the original die plate and 3 additional plates. Redding said one of the plates was indeed off but the other 3 were fine therefore the second press and 4 total die plates that I have are also fine. They suggested that I return everything to the store and buy RCBS from now on.

As for the two SAECO moulds, 441 and 446, that also is all me. Little of the conversation was devoted to the moulds, all he said was alloy and casting temp, couldn't be their moulds and no they don't want them back under warranty.

As for the neck thickness gauge they wouldn't even discuss it when I mentioned it.

Great customer service huh?

As for me, after 45+ years of handloading and 25+ years of shooting exclusively my own cast boolits (my handloads loaded with my cast bullets have won me both national and state championships in long range handgun) I'm off to learn how to raise the press ram so the cartridge case goes straight into the die and not at an angle. Perhaps I can take lessons because after all it must be me, Redding says so.

They did confirm (as their web site states) that everything Redding is indeed American made with the exception of the dial indicator.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

In Remebrance

Sheesh! I will forward this to Mom for whatever good it will do.

Boolit Bub
    Rich,

I am very sorry to hear that you were treated this way by such a good company, at least one that was good. I hope that you got the name of the person who you spoke to.

Perhaps a letter to their local BBB and company head may help. It is treatment that was a duplicate of yours that made me an ex RCBS customer. Dillon's treatment concerning warranty part replacement is of questionable quality. Whether it gets better or worse is up to them.

Boolit Master

That is some sorry customer service!! I have a bunch of RCBS and Lee. RCBS are more than cordial on the phone whenever I have called. But there RockChucker is made in China and that is unforgivable! I have a Lee Classic Cast and it is a heck of a machine!!!
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Boolit Master

OK it depends on exactly HOW mad you are, if you are good an mad, take the tape recording of what the guy on the phone said to you (you DID tape it didn't you?) then mail that and some sample bullets and pictures to Redding, ALSO mail the same to any gun writer you can find an address for. And TELL Redding you did this too.

A. they now suck....or
    B. Somebody is going to get fired and some butts are gonna get kicked.

Bill
    Both ends WHAT a player

Boolit Master

I think Redding's response needs to be taken in context with current political trends. A year ago, Redding's policies were geared towards making products and profits for many years to come. Today, having been targeted for extinction, why bother? I expect that they are working overtime making hay while the sun shines, with the expectation that the sun will be going down soon. Customer returns? Nope, don't bother with them!! Maximise profits for the short term.

I stick by my previous post. If this is what Rick gets for all his years as a loyal customer, then the only thing the Redding name is good for is writing in the snow.

Boolit Buddy
    Right now, three of the moulds I have are Saeco. There will be no more.

monadnock#5: For the writing in the snow, you did mean in yellow, didn't you?
    NRA Endowment Member

Boolit Master

rmb721, you read me 5X5.

Boolit Bub
    In this day and age you better be aware that MANY gun parts are made in China. It's kind of like saying that the burger is really 100% beef, not! China can make good stuff but like anywhere you get what you pay for. From what I hear a lot of parts sent to China are coming back to North America because China ia getting too expensive. You might be very surprise what "Made in USA" percentage comes from China.

Boolit Master

I did take time to write Redding from their page and express my dismay over how the OP was treated on this deal, I put a link to this thread right in the email.

Bill
    Both ends WHAT a player