WidenersInline FabricationReloading EverythingLoad Data
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Repackbox
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Redding's new policy - Make junk

Boolit Grand Master

Here is post #31 dated 1-27-09 of this thread (page 2) that I made right after the phone call with Redding. An email by Redding a few days later that was intended to cover their own hieny and slander me to do it has no bearing on anything.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by cbrick View Post
    I just spent 23 minutes on the phone with Redding. Redding's best advice, nothing wrong with their products . . . it's all me and I should buy RCBS products.

NO . . . that's not a joke, that's what Redding told me. Several times in fact.

The first T-7 press went back to Redding with the original die plate and 3 additional plates. Redding said one of the plates was indeed off but the other 3 were fine therefore the second press and 4 total die plates that I have are also fine. They suggested that I return everything to the store and buy RCBS from now on.

As for the two SAECO moulds, 441 and 446, that also is all me. Little of the conversation was devoted to the moulds, all he said was alloy and casting temp, couldn't be their moulds and no they don't want them back under warranty.

As for the neck thickness gauge they wouldn't even discuss it when I mentioned it.

Great customer service huh?

As for me, after 45+ years of handloading and 25+ years of shooting exclusively my own cast boolits (my handloads loaded with my cast bullets have won me both national and state championships in long range handgun) I'm off to learn how to raise the press ram so the cartridge case goes straight into the die and not at an angle. Perhaps I can take lessons because after all it must be me, Redding says so.

They did confirm (as their web site states) that everything Redding is indeed American made with the exception of the dial indicator.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Boolit Master
    Thats too bad about redding! They used to be top shelf. But RCBS has been so good to me I mostly throw my $s that was anyway....Buck
    NRA LIFER .. "THE CAST BULLET HANDLOADER IS THE ONLY ONE THAT REALLY MAKES ANY OF HIS AMMUNITION. OTHERS MEARLY ASSEMBLE IT". -E.H. HARRISON

----------------------
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
    Thomas Jefferson
    ------
    "Government is not a solution to our problem, government is the problem."
    -- Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

Cbrick
    I was hoping this whole mess had been cleaned up and you were a happy camper. Seems that the owner just doesn't care, oh well I will take my money to rcbs and others, I don't need the hassles you have had to put up with.
    I have no question that you are stating your side of the issue and what Redding has told you and that is good enough for me.
    thanks for keeping us informed and I for one am done with Redding.
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Boolit Grand Master

For those interested but don't want to re-read a lengthy thread here is post #51 dated Feb 3, 09 (page 3) that concerns the email from Redding. The entire email Redding sent regarding this matter had very little to no truth in it. It was one outright lie after another and was written to slander me.

That simple fact says a great deal about the lack of integrity at Redding. Slander a customer rather than admit a problem . . . Simply amazing.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by cbrick View Post
    Redding answered emails in response to this thread and the main drift of a rather lengthy paragraph was to discredit me. The person that forwarded this email to me asked not to post it so I won't but a few of Redding's highlights,

1> He said I am hiding behind a "handle" in this forum, not true, many here know exactly who and where I am. For any that don't they simply need to click on cbrick to look at my profile then click on my web page, lots of info about me there. I am not hiding from or behind anything.

2> Redding (Robin Sharpless, Director of Sales & Marketing, Redding Reloading Equipment) said that I explained how much I like my Rockchucker. That is a blatant lie and he knows it. I mentioned the Rockchucker only to say that I put the same shell holder, the same cartridge case and the same Redding carbide die in the Rockchucker to test if the brass or shell holder where the problem. It wasn't. I never told him if I liked or hated it, simply that I did this test and the alignment was perfect where it's not in either the first or the second T-7.

3> He said the alignment of the first T-7 returned to the factory was perfect (but he did admit one of the four die plates was off) and therefore the second one (press and four die plates) that I still have is also perfect and no, he doesn't want it back because there is nothing wrong with it. He said in his email that the store paid shipping to return the press and he knows full well that I paid $40.00 up front for shipping before the store would consider returning it.

4> He said that he offered me a full refund. That is a blatant lie, he did not, he offered nothing from Redding. His best offer was "Take it back and buy RCBS".

5> He said that in my posts here "there have been a host of truths which were electively omitted". Another blatant lie. I didn't even exagerate anything.

6> He said that he asked for the SAECO moulds to be returned. A blatant lie. Very little of our 23 minute phone call (my dime) was about the moulds but rather than ask for their return he specifically said he didn't want them back because like the presses, there is nothing wrong with them.

There is much more in his lengthy email and the majority of it is directed solely at discrediting me.

Hiding behind "cbrick"
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

CRPA Life Member

Boolit Bub
    first off i would like to thank cbrick after reading all 10 pages of this thread for what seems to me to be complete honesty in what is just an all around bad deal .. being new to this forum ive asked for advice on boolit molds and such and have had the saeco molds recomended quite often now i am glad i cheaped out an bought a couple lee molds for my sharps i think ill save my money to spend elswhere ... now heres something i dont understand whats this " willbird" charecters stake in this whole problem im not seeing a reason for his whole attitude towards cbricks problem his remarks make me ashamed of the fact that he lives in the same state as me .. anyway thanks to cbrick ill never make the mistake of giving redding a single penny .. thanks

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Willbird View Post
    The gentleman from Redding said he wanted to "see those molds" in his email. I'm sure somebody else still has the PM. I sent it to you as a PM not an email, PM's are stored on the server here.

It amazes me that you did not save that email as important as it may be to your case.

I fail to see how you could ever recover the cost of the molds if you never sent them back for inspection, then had somebody else modify them, so the molds are a moot point, you destroyed your case there when you had them modified.

I still stand by my assertion that you would not take your money back in return for the product you claim is defective, you would lose the ax you have been grinding all along here. Bill
    Be amazed all you like, it's very difficult to save emails or anything else from a crashed hard drive.

The %^&* from Redding is a bold faced liar, he is certainly no gentleman (gentelmen have integrity). The part of this that seems to be over your head willbird is that he told YOU (yes you, with no standing in any of this) he would give me a refund and wanted to see the moulds. He told ME the exact opposite. Think real hard, maybe you can see a difference there.

What are you smoking? Recover the cost of the moulds? How do you propose I accomplish that when Redding said do not return them? Take my money back? You are smoking something, Redding offered me nothing, no recourse whatsoever on the moulds or anything else. Everything in the email to you from Robin Sharpless that you take as gospel was an outright lie.

Your only stake in this entire thing is reading this thread and then sending Redding an email about it. Redding answered that email with a page full of lies in an attempt to slander me. That gives you no standing to call me a liar. You had zero part in lengthy phone calls with Redding and have no clue what your talking about.

To say that your posts are offensive is putting it mildly.

Ax to grind my heiny.

Rick

CRPA Life Member

Boolit Master

NW Ohio, almost as N and W as you can be :-)
    And I sent that email to Redding in the first place because I felt that if they screwed you, they should make it right.

What I have said here might be offensive to YOU because it is not in complete agreement with everything you say. As I said the email was sent by PM, which is stored on the server HERE not on your computer. So for it to be gone you DELETED it, and if you deleted it, it was not very important to you....was it ??

Bill
    Both ends WHAT a player

Cast Boolits Owner

Guys,

Is there any reason to continue beating this up? You have both had ample say and it is obvious that neither will ever agree. Can we just agree that we disagree and let it go?

Robert
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Master

administrators
    please lock this thread
    thanks
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Boolit Buddy
    My experience with Redding over the decades has been very positive. I've had the occasional problem with a product but I returned them and they were replaced. I couldn't be happier. Actually I don't know of a single major manufacturer that hasn't treated me very well and, as a customer, I couldn't be less important to them. So I think that all these firms do an excellent job.

My concern isn't the manufacturers. I have a very high regard for all of them. My concern is this thread. Whatever the truth might be, I think that continuing this discussion makes us, all of us, look rather bad.

Boolit Bub
    This horse is long dead, lets beat it some more.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910