WidenersRepackboxRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Load DataReloading EverythingInline FabricationLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: scent sticks

Boolit Master

scent sticks

Anybody use the sticks you light? I saw some for hunting coyotes, didn't buy them when maybe I should have.

Boolit Grand Master

Years ago, I bought some scent sticks for hog hunting from Cabelas. You were supposed to light the sticks and place it under a bucket with holes in it to help dissipate the scent? Worked in theory, NOT in practice!
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Master
    Thanks I wondered

I played with scents and attractants years ago. No real results in a known deer rich environment. I decided it was all snake oil.
    Deplorable infidel

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by fastdadio View Post
    I played with scents and attractants years ago. No real results in a known deer rich environment. I decided it was all snake oil.
    I agree. In younger days I wasted a lot of money on deer scents, special soap for clothes, etc.

After work, running Cat D9's and Cat D10's, having sweat, diesel fuel, dirt and grime on my clothes, I could climb into a tree stand or sit in a ground blind with a compound bow and still kill bucks. Have the wind right, and don't move, and don't make noise....works for me.

I once read Finn Aagarde (Spelling?) who hunted and guided in Africa. He said he had two native trackers that helped him. He stated that these two fellows gave off a distinct and powerful body odor, but they could expertly sneak up on any wary African game animal.....simply because they always used the wind correctly in their stalk.
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Hickok View Post
    I agree. In younger days I wasted a lot of money on deer scents, special soap for clothes, etc.

After work, running Cat D9's and Cat D10's, having sweat, diesel fuel, dirt and grime on my clothes, I could climb into a tree stand or sit in a ground blind with a compound bow and still kill bucks. Have the wind right, and don't move, and don't make noise....works for me.

I once read Finn Aagarde (Spelling?) who hunted and guided in Africa. He said he had two native trackers that helped him. He stated that these two fellows gave off a distinct and powerful body odor, but they could expertly sneak up on any wary African game animal.....simply because they always used the wind correctly in their stalk.
    The only thing I do every fall is wash my hunting coat and bibs in the washer with a box of baking soda and set out to air dry in a pile of leaves. From there, they stay outside in the truck until end of season.
    Deplorable infidel

Boolit Mold
    Tried those scent sticks once. They burn like punk stick. Had a doe come in with a puzzled look at me. Kind of like what the hell is that smell. I realized it was just a gimmick. Those things stunk. When I got back to the truck my dad thought I was smoking left handers in the stand, I wasn’t.

I used some synthetic cow moose pee
    a couple drops on a tissue in a small tree
    bull moose came right to it from over a mile away
    I was sitting 25 feet from it the whole time
    made me a believer in that particular product
    I am ONLY responsible for what I Say!
    I am NOT responsible for what You THINK I Said!
    ====
    If numbers killed I'd hunt with a Calculator!

Boolit Master
    Me and my boys have tried every type of sent gimmick out there? Jury is still out, one worked for sure, can't find it on market again??