Load DataLee PrecisionRepackboxReloading Everything
Inline FabricationWidenersTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Snyders Jerky MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Any experience with aftermarket trigger on Ruger number 1

Any experience with aftermarket trigger on Ruger number 1

Looks like ther are a few out there. Anyone tried them? Results?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Buddy
    I've tried all of them, and they're all better than the factory 2-screw trigger, but some are not much of an improvement over the earlier Ruger 3-screw trigger (i.e. with adjustment for sear engagement).
    The newest and about the only one available right now, is the Jard. I just got a rifle with one installed and it's very nice. For set triggers, I prefer the old Canjars over the Kepplinger, but both are good and it's a matter of personal taste and "looks".
    The current 2-screw factory triggers can be worked to improve them "a little", but will never be as good as a truly adjustable trigger. For most hunting, they're probably fine, but most of my shooting is at targets, so I want a light, consistent let-off.

Boolit Master
    I have a Ruger #1 with a Canjar trigger, and it is great. I don't know if they are still available.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Grand Master

The Jards are pretty good and better than a 2-screw factory trigger. I think they are the only ones available right now, but if you can find a Canjar or Kepplinger you would be "set" (pun intended). The cost might be a little high as I remember when I got my last Kepplinger it was going for $300.00+.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Quote Originally Posted by stubshaft View Post
    The Jards are pretty good and better than a 2-screw factory trigger. I think they are the only ones available right now, but if you can find a Canjar or Kepplinger you would be "set" (pun intended). The cost might be a little high as I remember when I got my last Kepplinger it was going for $300.00+.
    Can an average person fit one? I have basic gun tools and have worked on aot of Ruger revolvers.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Grand Master

They (Jards) are not too hard to fit, just make sure to keep the parts you are removing in a safe place.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!