MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationLoad DataReloading Everything
Repackbox

Thread: 9.3x62 load that shoots

Boolit Bub

9.3x62 load that shoots

Just got back from the range and what an eye opener! I’m shooting a CZ 550FS 9.3x62. Bullets cast with an NOE 285 grain partial HP. They’re water dropped wheel weights using LBT soft lube. 50 grains of Varget with fed 215 magnum match primers and PPU brass. 5 shots averaged 2059 FPS with 22 FPS extreme spread and 8 FPS standard deviation. I’m trying to get the picture of the target loaded.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2F280353-A6A1-4757-8932-649C01C6C3D0.jpeg  

Boolit Bub
    Not too bad for a 100 yards with a 1-4 power scope!

Boolit Grand Master

Not bad at all....well done!
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Boolit Bub
    I just finished reading the most informative book on this caliber, The 9.3x62 Mauser Journal. IT IS A MUST for any enthusiast in this caliber. It’s full of real world tests on heavy game using all types of bullets. It brings to light different ways to judge a caliber, instead of only going by paper figures, but by actual results in “the hunting laboratory”. I finished reading it in an Ebook and just bought the hardcover. The list of contributors is impressive to say the least.

Banned
    very nice indeed!!!!!!!!!

i own its little brother, 9.3x57. i use a 275gr wfn gc and a 280gr rn gc and imr4895. mine can shoot, but it is the idiot behind the trigger that causes problems

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by todd9.3x57 View Post
    very nice indeed!!!!!!!!!

i own its little brother, 9.3x57. i use a 275gr wfn gc and a 280gr rn gc and imr4895. mine can shoot, but it is the idiot behind the trigger that causes problems
    I was always intrigued by that cartridge as well. I shot a nice old sporter in it once and it was a treat to shoot. This caliber is inherently accurate from my personal experience and from all I’ve read. The first load shot two inches with 49 grains of varget and I was like, “not bad”. Then with 50 grains it stacked 4 right in there. The first shot was the flyer, I wasn’t set good in the bags.

I had a CZ 550 American in 9.3x62mm and it was a shooter, too. I didn't ever try cast in it but I thought hard about the Lee .366" 9mm Makarov bullet for a plinker....

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

i bought a custom 98 mauser marked 9.3x62 that was rechambered from a 9.3x57, it would not chamber a 9.3x62 so i took it apart and found the barrel marked 9x57. short story i neck sized the 9.3x62 to 9mm and loaded it with 225 gr sierra spbt .358 bullets, so i now have a 9x62.

Banned
    i let my gunsmith do a D&T, scope mounts, 2-7x Leopold, bent the bolt handle, safety and cock on opening kit.

husqvarna m46 in 9.3x57 with 280gr rn gc and imr4895

bottom left

275gr wfn gc and imr4895

Boolit Bub
    Nice groups