RepackboxLee PrecisionLoad DataReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10 gauge hulls

Boolit Master

10 gauge hulls

I am in need of 10- 10 gauge hulls, either paper or plastic to shoot in my DBL 10 gauge hammer shotgun. I will hand load them with black powder. I will cut them to length. please let me know? thanking you, toot.

Boolit Master
    rely nobody? that is surprising. how about brass hulls? I will except any amount. toot.

Boolit Master
    nobody has any amount? I need used hulls not new ones.

Boolit Master
    WOW!! a 125 views and no response's? I guess that there is an expectation of something else? someone must have some out there? after all the post is, HEALPING HANDS!

Boolit Buddy

Probably shouldn't chastise folks you want to get free stuff from. With your posts, I don't think many will be inclined to help. Good luck.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    I wouldn't take it personally . I've been passively looking for about 6 years . I need a few to cut down to 2-9/16" . There just aren't many out there .
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Master
    thank's guys, I am not chastising folks'. I intended to pay postage for them. now I know the rest of the story. I got a few of the TOTW, PARKER BROS, ones, QTY 6. for CHRISTMAS. they will have to suffice.

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    How do they fit? I bought four brass hulls from another member here and had a nightmare of a time getting two of the brass hulls cut down, pound sizing, and then sanding to get them to fit in my charges daly. I still haven’t started on the other two yet. I can tell you the all brass hulls don’t throw tight patterns like a cut down modern plastic hull. I only have almost a box of modern hulls and 4 brass hulls so I’m short myself. Don’t shoot it accept for spring turkey season so I don’t need a lot anyways. I pulled the trigger on the wrong barrel this year and missed a bird so it will get used even less now.lol. I think track of the wolf has brass for $8/$10 ea with no minimum if you need more. Don’t think they’ve been out of of stock ever in the 20 plus years thst it took me to restore my gun. Here the link…

https://www.trackofthewolf.com//Cate...-SHELL-10-2-78
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 06-02-2022 at 07:16 AM.

Boolit Master
    they go in as slick as snot on a door knob! all kidding aside, they fit and work just great. I shoot them in all of my 10 gauges with out a HICCUP! I highly recommend them to any one who has a 10 gauge and wants to shoot it! hope this helps? and yes shell-10-2 &78, is the correct one / legenth. that is what I have. I want used paper or plastic, to save $.

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    The member I got them from shot the shells out of a 10 gauge cannon. I have a feeling it had an oversized chamber. I did trim the ones that fit a littler shorter then the 2 7/8” chamber to get them to fit. My Daly shoots 2 7/8” plastic hulls just fine, I might have to load up some smokeless 1 1/4oz red dot “light” loads to try. I’ve been loading a 100 grains of FG, a 1/2” cardboard wad, 1 5/8oz of #6, and a cardboard overshot card. Some come out 2 7/8” some come out 2.5” to 2 5/8” depending how I cut the hulls down to. Seems they pattern the same no matter what length I cut them using the same load. Like to find some old paper hulls for it some day.

Boolit Master
    I load them with a stout 12 gauge load. got to take it easy and not shoot full house loads out of the old girl. the hull will last longer and so will the SXS DBL. I have come to realize that they are as rare / hard to find used, as ROCKING HORSE POOP!

Boolit Master
    Btt.

Boolit Master

gunbroker.com/item/938444541 I have a stash myself of paper and brass, but I have two 10 ga guns. Perhaps the gunbroker link can help you a bit. Grafs carries 10, but seem to be out now. I hope the link does not violates board policy. Just trying to help out a fellow shooter. best wishes

Boolit Master
    ascast. thank you so much for the reply/ come back to my request. I will punch it in and see what happens. toot.

Boolit Master
    acast, I punched it in and it came up-either very common- too long or too short. ? so no soap. don't know how to find the item?

Boolit Master
    # 10, post. as long as they chamber you will be fine. too long and it is a NO-GO!. toot.

Boolit Master
    still looking & hoping. any one, any amount of them. paper or plastic.

Boolit Master

those shell are still on gunbroker ends in a couple days search for " 10 Guage Paper Shells " or auction number 938444541 or just search for 10 gauge ammo in " ammunition - shotgun shells".

Boolit Master
    ascast. thanks I am on it.

Boolit Master
    WOW, thank you. that is a great site. I am going to scope it out. thanks. I have ear marked it, & will continue to follow it. the first batch has a $ 26.00 bid on them.+ $ 16.00 ship, on them. toot,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast