Inline FabricationRepackboxLoad DataWideners
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Lee Precision Reloading Everything

Thread: Needing a modified drilled & tapped case for my 8mm-06 AI.

Boolit Master

Needing a modified drilled & tapped case for my 8mm-06 AI.

I have the knowledge, but not a lathe, or tap. I would appreciate it if someone would D&T one of my 8mm-06 AI cases for my Stoney Point tool. I have read that the tap pitch is 5/16 x36 tpi. But then, I also just read that the actual tpi, is +.0005 to +.001. If anyone knows the actual tpi, and would be willing to do the job, it would be greatly appreciated. I can pay shipping both ways, and an appropriate fee for your work. I can also barter a trade for items you may need.
    Regards
    Jack
    If a 41 won't stop it, I wouldn't bet my life on a 44.

Boolit Bub
    PM sent.

Tap for modifying case to use w/ Stoney Point Comparator is 5/16 - 36. I have done several of my own, and they work fine.
    I simply looked up the standard drill bit for this tap, and drilled the case by clamping in split wooden blocks drilled through w/ 1/2" for 06 head cases.
    Wrap the case w/ a wrap of 600 grit wet dry, insert between blocks, clamp in drill press vise, eyeball to hit center of primer on fired case, drill, remove drill, tap on press by rotating chuck by hand w/ tap inserted and light feed pressure applied w/ hand wheel.
    I drilled the same block set with the closest drill for other head sizes, and use the same wet dry sandpaper wrap to keep from spinning the case. Little rosin helps at times.
    Probably just made a machinist cringe, but it's a simple way to drill out a fired case for the comparator tool.
    The tool doesn't have to be precisely centered on anything w/ a reasonable bore.

Boolit Master

T.E.D
    Thank you for the tutorial.
    I worked in the steel trade my 40 year working career. As I stated, circumstances now, and the lack of proper equipment and tools won't allow me to do the job myself. There's no way you would've known that, but thank you again.
    Regards.

Boolit Master

I have a member going to do the task for me.
    This thread is closed