Load DataLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Wideners
Inline Fabrication Titan Reloading
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: bullets for 35 Remington

Quote Originally Posted by fastdadio View Post
    I don't have a 35 Rem. rifle. I do have a box of Win. Western, .358, 200gr, power point, copper coated bullets that a guy from work dropped on my desk. I think there's 48 in the box. Free for the cost of a flat rate box to one of you guys. PM me if you're interested.
    I’m unfamiliar with those. Are they flat point or spire?

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    The mold was a group buy here a few years back. I believe it was made by NOE. I just went on Hodgdon’s reloading data page and is said a starting load was 36 grains and now they reduced it to a max load of 38.3 grains with a FTX bullet. It’s listed at 40 grains as a max charge out of my cast boolit load data book. I also believe it has a max of 40 grains in a few of my other reloading data books. I did a ladder tested in .2 grain increments from start to max and my 1970 336 shot the best group with the max loading of 40 grains. It has the same velocity of the claimed velocity of Remingtons 200 grain jacketed load. It also drops exactly the same from 100 to 200 yards as their ballistic chart claims. Excellent boolit imo.
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 08-12-2022 at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mkj4him View Post
    I’m unfamiliar with those. Are they flat point or spire?
    They are a lead round nose
    Deplorable infidel

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by flatnose View Post
    Thanks for everyone's input. I just ordered a 4 cavity 200gr. RCBS clone multichoice from MP. I have purchased from him before and the mold was fantastic. Hoping this one is the same.
    This is absolute dynamite in our .35 rems, 35 Whalen and 357 max!

I found the load in Lyman 50th page 310.

I used the jacketed RN data.

Thank you!

Boolit Buddy
    I use the RCBS 35-200 and the LEE clone of it. I have 10 35 caliber rifles and all 10 like the above mentioned moulds. Even my Marlins shoot them well. I love the gas check feature on both moulds whether shooting at 1600 fps or 2300 fps.
    358 Win

Picked up the jacketed bullets from fastdadio...thankyou!!!! I also did some horse trading with mjk4him. He's ending up with a 100 of my group buy HP's , .3595 after sizing, casted up within 1 grain of each other. They are 16/1 alloy, clear PC, and Hornady GC'd. Let me know how they do on game and accuracy for you!

Quote Originally Posted by nagantguy View Post
    This is absolute dynamite in our .35 rems, 35 Whalen and 357 max!
    also in 350 Rem Mag and 350 Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Tripplebeards View Post
    Picked up the jacketed bullets from fastdadio...thankyou!!!! I also did some horse trading with mjk4him. He's ending up with a 100 of my group buy HP's , .3595 after sizing, casted up within 1 grain of each other. They are 16/1 alloy, clear PC, and Hornady GC'd. Let me know how they do on game and accuracy for you!
    �� uh…. Thanks! This is either news to me, or I’ve suffered a serious brain fart. So what horse did I trade to you? LOL.

I had been using the Lee clone of the RCBS, in my 40 year old 336 . Did it’s job well. I started following the meat-getters in Hunting CB, started using custom softer blends, and it did its job, even better.

Then ,extremely recently, I bought the MP Mold clone. It throws gorgeous boolits. I’m using the med HP, and as the weight is very very close to my Lee weight, I cast up and loaded a batch, with my Lee data. Headed to range , Monday.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/19527810991...3ABFBMiIKWl9xg

This is it, on their sight:

https://www.mp-molds.com/product/358...2-cavity-mold/
    Last edited by Krh1326; 08-27-2022 at 07:11 PM.
    Just because it’s a bad idea…
    …. Doesn’t mean it won’t be a good time !

Dang the one on their site is $100 cheaper than eBay. So is this basically the same mold as the group buy I missed? 200 grain HP gas check right? Doesn’t it cast lighter than 200 as a hp?

Dang the one on their site is $100 cheaper than eBay. So is this basically the same mold as the group buy I missed? 200 grain HP gas check right? Doesn’t it cast lighter than 200 as a hp?
    I’m not home, to double check, but if I recall correctly, mine is dropping the the HP, PC & GC right at 200 or a touch more. Tho I am a new caster, I have gotten 4 or 5 MP molds, and one thing that I have found is… they all seem to drop heavier than his specs state. He usually states the expected weight drops, in WW. I do not have REAL wheel weight. I have a pile of pure lead, and I had many rolls of sterling solder. I bought antimony. I made pucks of solder, with a lot of copper wire, tinned into them. I made a couple batches of different alloys… Lyman 2, artificial wheel weight and 50/50. Furthermore… I took the advice from Hunting CB board, and used 50/50 ( actually thinned a little further with pure lead ) to make maximum use of that HP…. So my weight is in 50/50
    When I get home, I’ll weigh an HP for you.

Thanks. I have WW’s and Keel lead which isn’t pure but about half way between We and pure. Should work as my 200 flat points mushroom.

No hurry on weighing the bullets. I’m on the way to church myself.

Ok. I weighed the 4 penta HP leftovers. They all weighed in ( PCd and cop GC ) 199.5 gr to 200 gr. That is 50/50 WW/lead , cut again a little with straight lead.
    FWIW: as I have a large supply of H335 ( for various other rifle applications) I’m using that, at least for now, in the .35 Rem
    With the Lee mold I found good results between 35 and 36 grns.
    I do not have a chronograph. I’ve ladder loaded these new MP boolits, covering this range. I am not expecting much deviation as the profile and weights are so close.

I did not cast any of the other pins, including solid, as of this time.
    Last edited by Krh1326; 08-28-2022 at 12:48 PM.

�� uh…. Thanks! This is either news to me, or I’ve suffered a serious brain fart. So what horse did I trade to you? LOL.

Sorry juggling messages with too many members here. Screwed up on member messages. I traded with another member. When I get around to casting more I’ll message you.

Picked up the jacketed bullets from fastdadio...thankyou!!!!
    You're most welcome.
    Deplorable infidel

Sorry juggling messages with too many members here. Screwed up on member messages. I traded with another member. When I get around to casting more I’ll message you.
    I was wondering about that because it was news to me. LOL!! That’s okay about casting more for me. I think I’ll order that HP mold straight from MP. $79 seams a good price, especially over $168 for same on flea bay. I read back in the posts and saw where the group by was made by NOE. I hope the MP is a pout the same. Price is right, especially for a brass multi choice HP configuration. I’m going to order.
    Last edited by mkj4him; 08-28-2022 at 01:42 PM.

It’s a beast of a boolit!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123