Reloading EverythingInline FabricationLoad DataLee Precision
Titan ReloadingWidenersSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Repackbox

Thread: Rossi 92/Boyds stock

Boolit Mold

Rossi 92/Boyds stock

Got my Boyds stock for my Rossi 92 ,the buttstock went on ok however the end that attaches to the frame (tang) the wood was way too short on the width, the metal stuck out about 3/16 looked awful. took it to a gunsmith and he said there was nothing that can be done plus he said I should return it. I called Boyds the were good about it and sent me a shiping label she also said it was probably sanded too much. Be aware when ordering for lever rifle, now if it were a bolt action where it drops in probably not as critical. I was very disapointed, they should check it better before sending. I will mention too that it took him almost 2 hours to mount the forearm stock holes didnt line up and more.

Boolit Mold
    I do custom stocks for about anything you could ever want to put a stock on. I can tell you HORROR stories about most all of the stock companies out there. Several people have came and talked to me about stocking some gun only to think i was to expensive. Later on several of these same guns came back to me with the owners wanting me to fix so and so on their cheap market made stock. I used to try to help people with them. Now I just tell them to send them back to the maker. Just easier for me. Several have spent on the market stock and than just had me stock the gun for them. Most of the time their grading on the wood to begin with is 1 to 2 grades below what they grade the blank at. They just try to cut every corner they can.

I hate to hear your bad news. I have a Boyd’s gunstock on a 243 and it fits great.
    The sooner I fall behind...the more time I have to catch up with