RepackboxInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyWideners
Lee Precision Load Data
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Married three months...no more guns

Boolit Grand Master

Married three months...no more guns

My son married three months ago. He called me tonight and his liberal wife will not tolerate guns in the house.

Until my son voted for Biden, I gave him guns regularly for Christmas. When he turned 21, I told him he could have any pistol I owned and he selected a .45 Kimber.

So, in a few weeks, I will have a few more toys that I do not need. I have been downsizing for years and the last thing I need is more stuff to sell. All the guns are nice. At least they are not going to a pawn shop.

Not sure they will ever visit. I have guns all over the house.

If I have grandkids by them, I will never be able to teach them to shoot or hunt. I will be the last “gun nut” in the family.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    Sorry to hear all that, but it’s not all her doing. All that should have been discussed and settled long before the nuptials. My wife’s only comment after a couple of years was, “I know you said you liked to hunt and shoot, but I didn’t think you meant this much!” That was over fifty years ago and she’s still here. If she’d have given me an ultimatum without discussion ahead of time, I’d have been married about five minutes. FWIW, I know a couple of cases like that myself. Your going to miss out on spending some great time with your grandkids.

Boolit Buddy
    Don, I feel for you. You had to know some of this before the wedding. You can't reason with crazy. Just be polite, carry on. Might take a few years. but men [your son], just might come to his senses. uncle mike

Boolit Master
    That's unfortunate. My youngest son has a similar problem. His liberal-hippy wife very reluctantly 'allows' him to own a (very) few guns. Her father owns a couple, and she has fired them before. What can I say? He's the one that has to live with her, not me.
    Last edited by nicholst55; 05-05-2022 at 05:30 PM.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Master

Bummer
    The pendulum swings

Mike
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Boolit Buddy
    Ps. as a microaggression . if you must give him a present. Make it condoms, let it be known you don't want him breeding w crazy.

There is a popular meme for just this situation but dealing with motorcycles.
    "Honey, I don't want you to buy any more motorcycles."
    "Wow, you are starting to sound like my ex wife."
    "I didn't think you had been married before."
    "I haven't."

Boolit Master
    That made me laugh.

Boolit Buddy
    dverna - while you don't have hopes to pass along teaching shooting and hunting to grandkids how about sharing your time and expertise with some local youths at the local gun range, as an instructor, or join Project Appleseed and instruct.

My kids and wife aren't particularly enamored with firearms but when I mention the values of some of them they get quiet really quickly...

Boolit Master

Sorry to hear this. I have the opposite problem. Four teenage grandkids who keep me in the poor house reloading AR ammo for them. Both daughters and their husbands have carry permits.

Boolit Grand Master

Is this the first decision she’s made for him or just the latest? There’s no woman worth giving up who you are.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Grand Master

My ex-wife was anti-gun. My current wife was anti-gun. They were both informed in no uncertain terms that I was interest in firearms before I was interested in girls and that I would still be interested in firearms after I was not interested in girls. If they forced me to choose they would lose. The ex eventually became an avid shooter and hunter. The currently wife now enjoys shooting but not hunting.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master
    "Liberal Wife" should take firearm safety and get her CC because she is around firearms. Civic duty. Welcome to America. This is what adults do. Most people can find a nearby women's only class, I am told they are fun. Then she can enforce the five rules she has just learned, feel safe, mystery gone.

Boolit Master
    3 months in and she's already dictating what he can own? That's not a good sign. By allowing her to do it, he also just set a precedent that's likely going to bite him in the butt later.

I wish him the best.

Boolit Master
    I think he needs to have a sit down and let her know that they were here before her and will be there after her. My wife tried the same thing 33 years ago and that was the response she got. She is not a anti so much as she just didn't understand the interest.

Boolit Buddy
    My wife wasn't crazy about guns so I bought her a Remington 870 and took her trap shooting. Then I got her an AR, then she laid claim to my Glock 19 and one of my Mausers.
    Can't win either way...

Boolit Buddy

She: Now that we are married, you can get rid of all those guns.
    He: Your starting to sound like my ex-wife
    She: I did'nt know you were married before?
    He: Silience GW

He should take her plinking with some big reactive targets; water jugs, balloons, etc. And a .22.

It couldn't hurt.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    My son married three months ago. He called me tonight and his liberal wife will not tolerate guns in the house.

Until my son voted for Biden, I gave him guns regularly for Christmas. When he turned 21, I told him he could have any pistol I owned and he selected a .45 Kimber.

So, in a few weeks, I will have a few more toys that I do not need. I have been downsizing for years and the last thing I need is more stuff to sell. All the guns are nice. At least they are not going to a pawn shop.

Not sure they will ever visit. I have guns all over the house.

If I have grandkids by them, I will never be able to teach them to shoot or hunt. I will be the last “gun nut” in the family.
    Perhaps I should not reply as such, but let me begin that I am on my third marriage. (2 1/3yrs; 2 1/2yrs; 47 years and still happy). I wish your son and his wife many, many years of happiness together. BUT, I know of ever soooo many marriages which start out great, but then "things" (perhaps including "orders!" to do this and/or not do that) quickly take away the sparkle. While, again, I wish your son and daughter-in-law the best -- there may in fact be, albeit even a few years down the road -- where those firearms may be returned to him... Just saying...
    geo

Vendor Sponsor

Somebody breaks into the car, then the house, or threatens one or both of them, NOW WHO do you think they will come running to? Yup I guarantee this.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast