Load DataRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionRepackboxInline Fabrication
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Married three months...no more guns

Boolit Master
    I have been married to my second wife for 22 years. First wife died when she was 39. A few months after marring her she started in on guns. I looked at her an said " Guns were in my life when you ment me and the will be in my life when I die. Will you?" No kids with her and no propity and I was not interested in changing.

Boolit Buddy
    I made it VERY clear when I was dating what things were a no-go. I had 3 or 4 questions I would ask or bring up on a first date. If she was a wing nut or we didn't agree on those points there was no 2nd date. Life is to short to live it that way! Also, MILLIONS or billions of possible partners out there for a fella.

Quote Originally Posted by MT Gianni View Post
    A man marries a woman hoping she will never change. A woman marries a man hoping she can change him.
    A ways on the down the road--

The woman often realizes she can't change him, and he realizes she did.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master
    I think sometimes husband and wife can grow together. My wife and I have learned a lot from each other, and a lot of the time that growth came from taking an interest in the interests of the other person or trying to see things from their point of view. I was totally hopeless at reading people and communicating subtly before she taught me... Jane Austen stuff was a great teaching aid for that.

You don't have to marry someone smarter than you to learn from them, either. My wife and I are pretty evenly matched, but her strengths aren't the same as mine. It's great to be able to take the lead on some things and defer to her on others because she knows what she's taking about.
    I'm a big fan of data-driven decisions. You want to make me smile, show me a spreadsheet! Extra points for graphs and best-fit predictive equations.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post
    Is this the first decision she’s made for him or just the latest? There’s no woman worth giving up who you are.
    Did you miss the part where he said his son voted for Biden ?
    He's already "given up on who he is"...gone.

Last edited by Kenstone; 05-05-2022 at 10:17 PM.
    Size/Prime a few cases when starting off with a progressive and put them aside. You can plug them back into the process when a bad/odd case screws up in the priming station and continue loading.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kenstone View Post
    Did you miss the part where he said his son voted for Biden ?
    He's already "given up on who he is"...gone.

There were plenty of people voted for Biden because Trump didn’t have the good sense to stop Tweeting. Doesn’t make them bad people. Just foolish.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Grand Master

There were plenty of people voted for Biden because Trump didn’t have the good sense to stop Tweeting. Doesn’t make them bad people. Just foolish.
    On that we will have to disagree.

Biden and the left made no secret of their agenda. It was and is an anti-American agenda. Voting for the destruction of tradition American values, the economy, the energy sector, the agriculture sector, the border, the Constitution, the First and Second Amendments just to name a few makes them very bad people. Most of the people that voted for Beijing Xiden knew is was seriously compromised by China and they voted for him anyway.

These same people are pushing for a hot war with Russian. Russian has stated they will go nuclear if needed. It was never about Trump it has always been about the lefts hate for America. Yes they are very bad people.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Grand Master

Really? Idiocy is not evil. The drumbeat from the media was that Biden was a centrist with long and distinguished service while Trump was a big old meanie. Unless you looked somewhere other than the mainstream media, the real agenda was well hidden.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

Boolit Master
    I learned on our very first date that my wife was a believer in owning firearms and a staunch defender of the 2A!

We get along very well!

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

Boolit Grand Master

Really? Idiocy is not evil. The drumbeat from the media was that Biden was a centrist with long and distinguished service while Trump was a big old meanie. Unless you looked somewhere other than the mainstream media, the real agenda was well hidden.
    Biden made it very clear per his own words what is agenda was. If you watched Biden on the Campaign trail or the debates it was far from hidden. People chose not to hear what Biden was saying.

Biden has made clear he wants to "end" fossil fuels, saying they would have "no place" in a Biden presidency.

Biden admitted he would willingly "sacrifice" "hundreds of thousands" of fossil fuel jobs in pursuit of his anti-energy agenda.

Biden admitted his anti-energy plan goes "beyond" what even Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has proposed.

Biden's stated he wanted to eliminate oil, gas, and coal from the U.S. power grid by 2035. He openly admitted it would have devastating consequences for workers and families across the country. Some of my union coal working friend flat stated he was just saying that and didn't really mean it. They are now unemployed and one is currently going thru bankruptcy.

Same for his open border policies.

Same for the 2nd Amendment.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Grand Master

And his own words weren’t widely disseminated by a media bent on getting him elected. You know these things because you are on gun boards and watch alternative media. The average Joe was spoon fed pablum by the networks and papers.

Boolit Grand Master

This sums up the justifications I have heard for voting Brandon.

"He didn't say that, and if he did, he didn't mean it. If he did mean it and you don't agree with it it's you that doesn't understand. If you did understand and don't agree it's not a big deal since others have done and said much worse."

The end result is laid out here

Last edited by M-Tecs; 05-06-2022 at 03:34 AM.

– Amber Veal

- Wayne Dyer

Boolit Grand Master
    Sounds like he made the wrong choice.
    If she makes him give up something he loves, what will be next.
    If she doesn't respect him enough to visit his father, it's looking like a one way marriage.
    Knew a guy who made the same mistake.
    With the divorce, he's going to be paying her for the rest of his life.
    Doesn't even get to see his kids because she moved off island.
    Sad

Boolit Master
    Not saying she is, though considering what's visible from this angle I wouldn't be surprised, but many, or most, women will use sex to control their husbands. It is a very bad president for a marriage if it works, and a wise man won't allow that behavior. Having said that, I've found that perhaps most men think with the wrong head, and by doing so create much trouble for themselves, their families, and the world.
    Chicken Little has finally found an audience

Boolit Buddy

And that is exactly why Biden voters should not own firearms.

You marry 3 people. The person as you think they are. The person as they really are. The person they become.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Buddy
    Hey Don,
    I’m the only “gun guy” in the family. And that all changed over a fire in the yard with a good meal with the family and friends. Put out a target, mini safety lesson with supervison got my mom shooting a 22 rifle with colibris. Quiet and comfy putting holes in paper. And then everyone else wanted to try too.

Introducing them to the fun side, and not tackling the politicized thinking out guns will open more doors and build rapport and respect. Ideals change from time and experience. Not from logical debate. Don’t make guns about 2a, or fighting anything. Just good fun. Just keep it light hearted fun. Hell, even I get tired of listening to tactical prepped lone wolf survivalist yada yada. While it’s good to be prepared for the worst we shouldn’t dwell on it constantly. Life it too short to spend our time worrying about it ending all the time.

You have to convince the heart first.

Keep guns a fun part in your life, and theirs if you can. Then maybe she will decide a 12 gauge or a rifle in the house isn’t so bad. And god forbid if something bad happens and he or she is forced to defend each other using that same thing that was once a toy but now a tool to keep their loved one safe.

Guns shouldn’t have ever been made a political issue anyway. Both sides will use them anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    The lady is a strict Orthodox Jew. They cannot drive on the Sabbeth and must walk to the synagogue. He converted to her faith and was not a Christian. He said he did not convert to marry her but I doubt that. He knows I accepted Christ a few years ago so maybe it was his way of finding God. If so, I am thankful for that.

I cannot understand not wanting to be able to defend your life and the lives of those you love. My son was not raised like that. He got a carry permit years ago without any pressure from me.

BTW, it is encouraging to hear from those of you who married "gun haters" and were able to either make it work, or got their spouses into shooting.

I will have a hard time selling off some the guns my son is giving up, especially the Kimber. he got for his 21st BD. I will probably keep it and the 10/22 I had modified for my other son. My other son is mentally challenged and the 10/22 was his 16th BD present. He could not keep the gun at home, so his brother had custody of it. I really have no use for the rest.

I will let things simmer down and see if he wants me to keep any for "down the road" or cash them out. I will pay him for the guns I want to keep if he decides to get rid of them "permanently".
    Converting and FOLLOWING the requirements can be a strain all on its own. My cousin converted and ended up getting a divorce. Not saying it was from the conversion but it can add to existing issues. I would hold on to the guns if you can. Things can change and probably will.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumbcocker View Post
    You marry 3 people. The person as you think they are. The person as they really are. The person they become.

Wow! Spot on! memtb
    You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“LETS GO BRANDON”

Boolit Master
    Notice how some people have to politicize everything every chance they get? How is Biden responsible for any dissent in the marriage being discussed? Did he arrange the marriage? Was he the Best Man? Some people offer advice that’s worth exactly what you paid for it…….Nothing. I don’t recall Trump’s immoral behavior saving any marriages. I’d leave politics where it belongs and it’s not here.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast