MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Snyders JerkyRepackboxLee PrecisionReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 Wideners
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Married three months...no more guns

All I can say is this marriage will be my only one, ain't never going to do it again.....I do NOT like it, but divorce is out of the question, I'm not giving up everything I have to sell it all off and give her half the money. And then pay alimony? Hell no.....

Worst mistake of my life.

Boolit Master
    I'm no expert in relationship but been through a few in my time and what ive learned its best to have common interests. divorce and spinning the big alimony wheel is no fun.
    my lady likes pink guns and pink camo and that's just fine for me.

Boolit Buddy
    There is a much bigger issue here. It's about control, that usually stems from insecurities. Women learn this game early on and love to play it with their men for the same reason a cat plays with a string when its dangled. Advice.....Are they a christian couple??? Scripture talks all about a man runs the house....etc....If shes liberal and pro choice, he could always says this is an example of one being exerting their control over another......etc..........or you could just ask him how it feels to live under a communist dictatorship, because all of his money, wealth and assets are being held by someone else and the smaller life decisions are also being dictated to him....

in the end , love is blind and will make you do crazy stuff

Boolit Master
    Like the locals say....a pubic hair can pull a freight train...[/QUOTE]

OH!Man!
    Wife and I are still laughing at that.
    Our boys were certainly "pulled".

In NH the story goes
    A dog was crossing the tracks, a train ran over his tail.
    Dog turned to sniff, next train cut off his head.
    Moral? Don't lose your head to a piece of tail...

Dele that if too lewd, that's what I taught them.
    My boys didn't pay much attention either.

Boolit Buddy
    Keep the guns and give them back to him after the divorce.

liberal-hippy wife - his choice, his problem. Unfortunately, many more to come. Can't shoot Bambi - your problem. Yes I know folks that won't allow guns (for SD) in the house as they choose not to shoot somebody. Well, their choice/problem. 911 is only an hour away.
    Whatever!

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Wanted

Woman to keep house, clean fish, cut wood and cook game. Must like dogs. Bitch hound with good nose for bear would be great. Cat tolerated if a good mouser that gets along with my dogs. Mop, broom, wringer washer, woodstove, chainsaw, axe, fishing pole and pickup provided. Having own dog, boat and motor a plus. Serious inqueries please send pictures of dog, boat and motor.
    Last edited by Outpost75; 05-05-2022 at 11:38 AM.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by beechbum444 View Post
    There is a much bigger issue here. It's about control, that usually stems from insecurities. Women learn this game early on and love to play it with their men for the same reason a cat plays with a string when its dangled. Advice.....Are they a christian couple??? Scripture talks all about a man runs the house....etc....If shes liberal and pro choice, he could always says this is an example of one being exerting their control over another......etc..........or you could just ask him how it feels to live under a communist dictatorship, because all of his money, wealth and assets are being held by someone else and the smaller life decisions are also being dictated to him....

in the end , love is blind and will make you do crazy stuff
    The lady is a strict Orthodox Jew. They cannot drive on the Sabbeth and must walk to the synagogue. He converted to her faith and was not a Christian. He said he did not convert to marry her but I doubt that. He knows I accepted Christ a few years ago so maybe it was his way of finding God. If so, I am thankful for that.

I cannot understand not wanting to be able to defend your life and the lives of those you love. My son was not raised like that. He got a carry permit years ago without any pressure from me.

BTW, it is encouraging to hear from those of you who married "gun haters" and were able to either make it work, or got their spouses into shooting.

I will have a hard time selling off some the guns my son is giving up, especially the Kimber. he got for his 21st BD. I will probably keep it and the 10/22 I had modified for my other son. My other son is mentally challenged and the 10/22 was his 16th BD present. He could not keep the gun at home, so his brother had custody of it. I really have no use for the rest.

I will let things simmer down and see if he wants me to keep any for "down the road" or cash them out. I will pay him for the guns I want to keep if he decides to get rid of them "permanently".
    Don Verna

Moderator Emeritus

A man marries a woman hoping she will never change. A woman marries a man hoping she can change him.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    I hate to say it but that’s a marriage that probably won’t last. When your spouse out of the clear blue starts telling you that you are not aloud to own or do things you love will eventually lead to resentment. I am still single because I make sure to date someone long enough to find all the “skeletons in the closet” so I weed out an issue like this and send the person down the road. Sounds like a first date question to me. Do you like, or are OK, with hunting and shooting? If not there’s not a second date. Just adopt me so I can play with all the guns you have no use for any more.lol. Like said above, hold onto his guns because after the divorce the 2nd wife will probably like them.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    If she is already making ultimatums, may as well get the divorce over now. It won't end.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Moderator Emeritus

Women, especially Liberal women, often times have a "moment of awakening" event, that will change their mind on such things as guns in the house. Like, living in a dangerous neighborhood and eye witnessing one too many violent crimes ...Or maybe just the birth of the first child. A Momma can be pretty protective of her young.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Buddy
    My wife-to-be cried the first time she saw one of my firearms. Mind you, her grandfather had recently taken his own life with one so much could be linked to that trauma. I put the rifle away and let the situation cool down. Eventually she came with me to our family farm and watched me shoot. I stuck with .22 shorts so she would be more comfortable with it. The next time we went I asked if she’d like to take a shot. She was nervous but willing so I explained safe handling procedures and the rules and then let her take her first shot. She now has 3 firearms of her own and a handful of deer and squirrels under her belt. As someone else mentioned, experience removes the black magic voodoo and mystery more often than not.

Boolit Buddy
    i can honestly say that i do not know the ins and outs of "Strict Orthodox Jews", part of me thinks that its all just a test by the man himself to see if we can all get along, in that Christianity is fragmented.....Catholics, Baptists, Methodist, Church of Latter Day Saints......etc...etc. In being that it seems to be an older part of the Jewish faith, one could deduce in like old times and new times, the man is the head of the house and has the final say in house hold manners, I could go on and on , but Im going to digress, we have all done crazy things for love ............regards

Boolit Master
    Close to da Creaux,Hang'n out in Swamp's and Bayou's
    My wife is nagging me to bring her to the range,What's a poor fellow to do?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    My wife is nagging me to bring her to the range,What's a poor fellow to do?
    Be greatful and thank the man upstairs.

Boolit Master
    I traveled to Tennessee to meet my girlfriend's family. I took along a Ruger 22 pistol. I wanted to make sure keeping guns in our house would be no problem. On about the second day I asked my intended if there was a place we could shoot. She directed me to the local dump which was unsupervised. She had never fired any firearm in her life, but I soon found out, she was a great shot with a pistol. No problem there. Definitely a keeper. That was in 1958. We were married that year and many guns later she is still with me.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Master
    We do change, mostly like a tree grows, slowly.
    Sometimes the wind blows to test our roots.

Around here a woman can certainly change her husband. It Depends...
    Up the street, an old woman taught her husband not to speak. He has Alzheimer's worse than I do, so she does all the talking necessary. Get him in church, with men, he is quite the talkative old Christian.

I'm glad I married my Swede so she could teach me to shoot.
    Putin must be nuts, he threatened a Swede. They don't forget.
    Vikings sailed the Danube a thousand years ago. Do not get them angry.

Boolit Master
    Don, no one on here can give you any advice to make it better. This is about your grown son, a man. He has to live his own life and make his own decisions. It’s not anything you did or didn’t do. I have a really good friend who has two sons. One loves to hunt and shoot and the other one is gay and has no interest in guns or hunting. It’s just the way it is. It’s not political, it’s not religious, it’s just a case of “it is what it is”. Way too many things make us what we are. Let your son make his own decisions, and live his own life. Just be there if he ever needs you. He’s still your son so just love him for who he is. I’m sure he still loves you just as he always did.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by NSB View Post
    Don, no one on here can give you any advice to make it better. This is about your grown son, a man. He has to live his own life and make his own decisions. It’s not anything you did or didn’t do. I have a really good friend who has two sons. One loves to hunt and shoot and the other one is gay and has no interest in guns or hunting. It’s just the way it is. It’s not political, it’s not religious, it’s just a case of “it is what it is”. Way too many things make us what we are. Let your son make his own decisions, and live his own life. Just be there if he ever needs you. He’s still your son so just love him for who he is. I’m sure he still loves you just as he always did.
    Nicely said

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast