Snyders JerkyInline FabricationRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Reloading EverythingLoad DataTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How I Spent my Covid Year

Quote Originally Posted by Scrounge View Post
    Seems a lot of that going around. My house was built in 1963, and has a 60amp main entry panel. My son got a ceramic kiln off Craigslist most of a decade ago. 240VAC, 60amps, without the extra ring. That is all the power my house can handle. SWMBO would not have appreciated us using all the power to run the kiln in the summer, when she needed air conditioning. MIGHT have been OK with it running in the Winter, but I'd not care to bet on it. One of these days, I'm going to have to break down and put in a complete new entry panel and all new wiring. Honestly, I'd rather burn the house down and move elsewhere. Only how to pay for the new place? And if I get caught, of course I wouldn't need to worry about my power bills anymore, but I don't think I'd be allowed access to files and hacksaws and machine tools anymore.

Bill
    I understand you're joking about the arson, I unfortunately worked with a less than bright guy who thought it was a great idea to get his new home.

Hauled all his important papers to the office "to keep the kids out of them". Scheduled veterinary visits for all 9 pets on the same day. 9 kids = 9 pets. His, hers and theirs. Kids that is, not pets.

And the dishwasher had an electrical short and burned the house to the ground.

He was absolutely outraged when the insurance company wouldn't write him a check for the entire loss.

The checks would go to the contractor who would rebuild his existing house on it's original foundation.

Cost of contents would be paid as he purchased them, subject to depreciation.

And his dream house he had picked out before the fire was sold before he could try and sue the insurance company.

Aw, schucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrounge View Post
    Get you one of those great big bear traps...

Well done, Wayne. It's beautiful!

Bill
    Thanks, Bill. Labor of love, you know.
    Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12