Inline FabricationWidenersTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Lee PrecisionRepackboxReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Tuesday, May 03

For Thought and Meditation - Tuesday, May 03

Good morning all. Just the encouragement we need for today. Have a safe and blessed day.

Tuesday, May 3 - Dr. David Jeremiah

God Doesn’t Give Up

[Jesus] said to [Peter] the third time, “Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me?” Peter was grieved because He said to him the third time, “Do you love Me?” And he said to Him, “Lord, You know all things; You know that I love You.” Jesus said to him, “Feed My sheep.
    John 21:17

We grieve for Peter, who “wept bitterly” after denying Christ three times (Matthew 26:75). But who among us has not failed the Lord? What are we to make of our unfaithfulness? What hope is there for us?

The same hope Jesus conveyed to Peter following the Resurrection. By the Sea of Galilee (John 21:1), Jesus commissioned Peter to be the shepherd of His flock. Just as Peter had denied Christ three times, so Christ commissioned Peter three times. We must take heart from this exchange: God never disowns or gives up on His children. Paul wrote that the good work God began in us will be completed because it is God working in us (Philippians 1:6; 2:13). We may be unfaithful, but God never is (2 Timothy 2:13).

If you have failed God in some way, take heart! God will complete the work He began in you (1 Thessalonians 5:23-24).

O Jesus. . .open thine arms, and take me in. . . and love the faithless sinner still.
    Charles Wesley
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Moderator Emeritus

This is the sermon we got last Sunday....it is so amazing that God does not give up on us. Thanks for the mini-Bible Study!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Grand Master
    Another good message. Thanks.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

Amen!