Inline FabricationWidenersLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyLoad DataRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Repackbox
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: have you been lied to? stolen valor

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by warren5421 View Post
    Ever talk to a Navy Vietnam Era Vet that worked supply for Cubin Exiles? Think 73-74.
    HAHAHA Close, my dad was sent to Cuba after VN, he said he did a lot of the design and layout for many of the buildings and bunkers there as they were rebuilding the base. When he talks to my friends that were stationed in Gitmo for the War on Terror, they told him a lot of the projects he worked on were still in use even though he said they were not designed to be used that long. Swole his head up pretty good lol.

After Cuba they sent him to Maine, in the winter, and living in a mobile home. To someone born and raised in South LA, he said that was the hardest part of his service but he did kill some deer up there so he was happy about that.
    NRA High Master XTC
    DR# 2125

Boolit Grand Master

There was something like 2,800,000 service members who actually served in the Viet Nam theater. Last censes 9,400.000 were still alive.......just sayin'.....
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gibson View Post
    There was something like 2,800,000 service members who actually served in the Viet Nam theater. Last censes 9,400.000 were still alive.......just sayin'.....
    Uuuh, Larry, did you misplace the decimal point or, maybe, add an extra zero or two onto that census number?

Off-the-wall question: I did two tours; does that mean I'm counted twice in that 2.8 M number?

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

Boolit Master
    According to the VA's stats - 2.7 million served, 850,000 survive.
    And Bill, your question is a very valid one. I've asked that same question for other conflicts as well and gotten vague responses. Looking at stats for conflicts such as Grenada make no sense, the number reported to have served from various countries would be hard pressed to fit on the island.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    how many actually were in Grenada? I read something about Grenada that said first flight in was 60 that included a seal team then 1000 marines.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123