MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Inline FabricationReloading Everything
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionLoad Data
Repackbox Wideners

Thread: Winchester 1895 .35 WCF

Boolit Man

Winchester 1895 .35 WCF

Just got an 1895 in .35 WCF and am trying to figure out what bullets to start with

Boolit Master
    Nice rifle. Do you already have brass?

Boolit Master
    that looks real nice. wish I had a 35 wcf, dont know anything about it.
    but if I were a betting man I would be willing to bet that the rcbs 35-200 might be a good candidate

Boolit Master
    I would start with 200ish grain cast. I have a Lyman 358415 that comes out at 207 grains with excellent accuracy. I shoot mostly 250 grain cast designed for 35 Remington for hunting. I haven't ever sized for any of my 35 WCF rifles and they all seem to like the cast size.
    My favourite all time bullet is a 250gr Woodleigh - but they are expensive, the Hornady 250gr works pretty much the same - just not as cool looking!
    Definitely my favourite caliber of all time!!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

I'm just guessing the "Gold Standard" bullet for the 35 Remington, the RCBS 200 grain fp, would probably work well in your rifle if the dimensions are correct. Several folks have produced this bullet. Lee and NOE, as well as RCBS have produced it. Tom at Accuratemolds.com could probably cut one for you and maybe even direct you on the particulars. Nice rifle!
    Good luck with it,
    Rick

Very nice rifle.

Great old cartridge.

Cast: Get the good, mentioned, Lee 35-200rf to start casting and shooting, sooner. Order something heavier to let the old round meet its classic potential.

Jacketed: The magic bullet for medium .35s is the 225 Partition. It's light enough to allow good velocity, yet that partition allows it to penetrate like a heavyweight.
    The first purpose of the Second Amendment is too often overlooked, fostering a liberty of mind and action necessary in the people of a free republic.

“Ironically, the only gun control in 19th century England was the policy forbidding police to have arms while on duty.”
    ~ Don B. Kates, Jr.

Is that a takedown? I had one years ago and let it go when I needed money. Dumb!
    Those who choose violence as a first option are typically confronted by somebody else using violence as a last resort.

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you’ll enjoy it a second time.

Do not confuse my being polite for weakness.
    Using MX Linux 21

From the free state of Idaho

Boolit Man
    Yes it is. It has been refinished but they did a good job and the price was right

Boolit Buddy
    As stated above the gold standard is the RCBS 200 grain RNFP GC. It shoots well in my 1895 35 WCF. I also have the M&P hollow point copy of the 200 grain RCBS. Crimp groove is in the proper location also. Thanks to a friend with a lathe, he thinned the rims on 47 reformed 405 WCF cases. Additionally I ended up having to neck turn the brass also. Cases should last a long time.
    Rick

Boolit Buddy
    Just looked on M&P Molds website. He show 8 each .360 HP molds in stock. His RCBS 200 RNFP mold is a copy of the RCBS molds. His Cramer style brass molds are a work of art.
    Rick

The Lyman 358318 was made for the 35WCF. NOE has a copy 360-249-RN-V2 it shoots really well in my Whelen.

Nice rifle!
    Those who choose violence as a first option are typically confronted by somebody else using violence as a last resort.

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you’ll enjoy it a second time.

Do not confuse my being polite for weakness.
    Using MX Linux 21

From the free state of Idaho

Boolit Grand Master

That rifle looks good to my eyes!
    I have bought refinished arms as the collectors want nothing to do with the generally.
    You do want to do measurements of that barrel's inside before spending $$$ on molds.
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

I run a a 200 gr RCBS HP for my 350 RM and its a sub moa shooter Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4628.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	81.6 KB 
ID:	300805