Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationReloading Everything
Repackbox Wideners

Thread: Time for an end, 23 year old cat

Boolit Buddy

Time for an end, 23 year old cat

I had to put down my cat today. Been a loyal little buddy for almost my whole life. I’m barely older then the cat. On such a beautiful day too.
    It almost feels like the sky is mocking me. Oh I hate the rain but just once I wish it would pour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Sorry to hear this. You’re lucky he/she had such a long life. Condolences

I have been through this with dogs and cats. It is all hard. But the memories we save make the visit worthwhile. We have to understand that they don't live as long as we do. Also remember the great memories you gave your pet. You fulfilled your half of the bargain.

Jim

Boolit Buddy
    Sincerest condolences. That’s a very long life for a cat though. Losing one is crushing but be grateful for such a long time together.

Boolit Grand Master
    Very sorry for you loss.
    I've had four cats and a dog pass.
    Still miss, and think about them all, to this day.
    Growing old is not easy.
    They are in a better place.

Sorry to hear!
    Hold Still Varmint; while I plugs Yer!

Boolit Grand Master

Sorry to hear but a long lived cat. Our last two died at 18 years each. I'm sure you have many stories to remember as we do. One is the picture in my avatar, btw. That's our squirrel catching and eating cat, Indiana Jones, and you can guess when we got him since our boys, then young school age, named him. In his last year, so blind he literally walked into walls, and his sense of smell so bad we had to push his nose into his food for him to eat, that spring he proudly walked in the cat door with a dead young squirrel in his mouth! We joked that the squirrel had to be suicidal. Within two months we found his body laid out in front of the fireplace one morning.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Moderator Emeritus

I am so sorry for your loss....cats and dogs are such a part of our lives and it is evident that your buddy has been a major part of your life....I believe in the Rainbow Bridge.....Paul
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

This January I lay on the floor of our kitchen as my feline friend of 18 years old took his last breaths… I’ll never forget him struggling to get up to come closer to me as I talked to him and repeated his Japanese name of ‘Kiki san’ (was our thing). My deepest condolences for your loss as like many here we have shared in these things and I struggle even to type this. The good memories and his passing will never go away. Not sure if this is good or bad, but as we grow older it is definitely more common.

As Tennyson said…i go on…
    https://youtu.be/pZXuol2q1Yg

Kev
    Last edited by Kevinakaq; 04-30-2022 at 10:05 PM.
    “I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them." the duke

Boolit Master
    I too understand all too well the loss of a beloved cat. I have many years on you,, and as such,, I've had several cats in my life. Many have lived 17, 18 or older. Right now,, we have 4 cats here. We lost a sweet little girl last July,, (almost 18) and my wife wanted another cat that was "her's." Well we adopted a Tuxedo on Sept 30th. He's been a truly fun guy to have around. The next youngest one is about 9 yrs old.

We've had to put them down, we've found them passed away in a favorite spot, passed away in our arms,, so the pain of their loss is real for sure.

God will send you a new furry friend when it's time.

Boolit Master
    Close to da Creaux,Hang'n out in Swamp's and Bayou's
    It's always hard with a good loyal animal, I have one on her last legs with cancer.

Obviously, he led a good life you gave him to have lived so long. Sorry for your loss.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Boolit Master
    The last one to die last year was 22. I buried her and 22 year old dog close together and then planted a small oak tree over them and the tree had green leaves all this past winter and growing fast.

Moderator Emeritus

My tuxedo kitty Oreo made it to 23. He died surrounded by his favorite toys. His heart just stopped. Miss him greatly, he was a constant companion when I was home and even out and about a few times when he decided he wanted a ride. Always had to be in the same room I was in.

Boolit Master

Pets don't live to be that old unless they have good genetics and are WELL CARED FOR. Sorry for your loss, losing a pet is hard, but they add so much to our lives, and we add to theirs. I think it's worth it.

Boolit Buddy
    Thank you guys for your kind words and stories of our little buddies. I saw someone posted a nice poem a day or two ago about the end of their pup. It hit home hard. I know he was happy even in the end, so that makes it easier.
    Still gonna miss him tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

Sorry for your loss. Our Cat is 18 and I dread the day. She has developed a Thyroid problem but the meds seem to be helping. She has an "accident" in the floor sometimes. And She has slowed down quite a bit, especially with Her jumping ability. I'll be sad!

Boolit Master
    I think pets get our love so deeply,, because they are NOT people. They love us,, no matter what. They can be scolded, or petted, and they still want your love. And when well taken care of,, they give us so much love, unconditionally, that it causes our deep attachment to them.

If your cat lived 23 years,, as it's said above,, good genetics, AND being well cared for. Yours obviously had both.

As I type this,, one of my 4 is laying right beside me on my desk. Another one is curled up in a basket above the desk. They do like to be "nearby" to us. It's a social,, AND a security thing with them. Either way,, it's a good feeling to have them with us in our lives.

Boolit Bub
    sorry for your loss...makes me tear up with memories of similar pet losses. You have a lot of folks wishing you hugs through the interwebs.