Inline FabricationWidenersLee PrecisionReloading Everything
RepackboxRotoMetals2Load DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading

Thread: SIG break barrel - what happened to it?

Boolit Master

SIG break barrel - what happened to it?

Some time back (perhaps a year or so) I read an article about a SIG air rifle that had a locking mechanism that fixed the "barrel droop" of other break barrel air rifles. I have been unable to find any for sale. Has anyone here seen one for sale?

Thank you,
    Richard
    Isn't a 9mm just a .45 set on stun? -- Amy W.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred."
    -- Niccolo Machiavelli

USPSA A32025
    NRA Life

As you know, a lot of products are unobtainable these days. Seems the whole world has used the "pandemic" as an
    excuse for every problem or just to do nothing. This may be why you can't find to gun you're looking for.
    If the "barrel droop" issue is the only reason you want this particular gun, I'd suggest not worry about droop
    and just get another air gun. Very few guns are made with enough droop to be a real problem. There are scope mounts
    made that will overcome all but the absolute worst droop.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by chutesnreloads View Post
    As you know, a lot of products are unobtainable these days. Seems the whole world has used the "pandemic" as an
    excuse for every problem or just to do nothing. This may be why you can't find to gun you're looking for.
    If the "barrel droop" issue is the only reason you want this particular gun, I'd suggest not worry about droop
    and just get another air gun. Very few guns are made with enough droop to be a real problem. There are scope mounts
    made that will overcome all but the absolute worst droop.
    Good points. I also am interested in it because it is supposed to be quite accurate *and* it's made in the U.S. I do see SIG's AR-look-alikes still available. My next choice would be the Diana model 48, but will have to save up some more for that one.

Cheers,
    Richard

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred."
    -- Niccolo Machiavelli

USPSA A32025
    NRA Life

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by RG1911 View Post
    Some time back (perhaps a year or so) I read an article about a SIG air rifle that had a locking mechanism that fixed the "barrel droop" of other break barrel air rifles. I have been unable to find any for sale. Has anyone here seen one for sale?

Thank you,
    Richard
    It might be the ASP Nitro ASP Air rifle -- I have one of these, with Sig's Nitro Whiskey air rifle scope mounted, and have had zero regrets! If this is the model you refer to, I understand it is currently unavailable -- but may be wrong... A review on this air arm is at https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/s...5&action=click
    geo

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by georgerkahn View Post
    It might be the ASP Nitro ASP Air rifle -- I have one of these, with Sig's Nitro Whiskey air rifle scope mounted, and have had zero regrets! If this is the model you refer to, I understand it is currently unavailable -- but may be wrong...
    I think you're right; the specifications included the wedge lockup system to eliminate barrel droop. Well, as soon as I see one in .22, I'll buy it.

Many thanks for your keen eyesight and for posting your finding. I had forgotten the name, so didn't get any hits using the search terms I tried.

Cheers,
    Richard

-- Niccolo Machiavelli

USPSA A32025
    NRA Life