Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
RepackboxWidenersTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision

Thread: Dixie Gun Show Today in Raleigh

Boolit Grand Master

Dixie Gun Show Today in Raleigh

Went to the show today and as usual didnt buy a firearm but came close to getting a SW M&P 40cal marked from my home State Police. Turn in gun.

Lot's of people there buying firearms in particular long guns. More than i remember other shows lots of ammo, too but at prices i wasn't paying.
    Little reloading stuff. The few pounds of powder were $40lb average. When i say "few" i mean scattered about. I think the sellers had them on their bench at home. No dealers, even Blue Collar Reloading wasn't there. Couple of 4lb Tightgroup jugs were no discount, $160. Primers were $14/100. Yes, $14 for 100. That didnt include Federal Gold, those were $20/100. No thanks to that. Getting up that high with brass, powder etc its almost not worth reloading. Used brass was silly priced.
    Pail of Rem Golden Bullets 22lr $165. I paid $50 at WalMart a few years ago and still have 6.

At least the new firearm prices have returned to normal but used guns were steep. Used semi autos near new price. Revolvers very high. SW Model 19 in box with tools over $1,200. Ruger GP100 used $600. SP 357 Mag over $500 all used. Over $800 for other common SW. Nagants over $350, i remember a barrel of them at the LGS for $69 and bought a couple. Should have bought 20. When i first moved here the first gunshow had a wooden crate if them for, I think, $150. Lever actions through the roof. Marlin 30-30 for $850? Win 32SP $1,000. I did see one much used Chiefs Special with some blueing gone for $300. It locked tight, though, with no wiggle and i was tempted but passed. At least i would have one as the wife claimed my other one for berry picking.
    1873 $3,000. 1905 Argentine Mauser $750 but it was in near new with matching numbers. No caliber or import mark but probably 7mm i think.
    Bought a Schmidt Rubin at auction last month under $300. Still soaking the barrel with Ed's Red. Saw it's twin for $875.
    Last edited by jonp; 04-30-2022 at 04:53 PM.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Glad we missed it then!

Boolit Master
    As always,, good deals require a bit of careful looking & study. Sadly,, too many "dealers" can't get product at reasonable prices,, and they need to buy reasonable,, pay table rent, motel, meals etc just to be there.
    I used to do gun shows & take all kinds of gun stuff, and I'd have to sell a fair amount of "small stuff" to make expenses.
    With the internet,, and people looking stuff up on their phones or whatever,, makes it more competitive.

But,, a day wandering a gun show is STILL a better day than going to a mall or whatever.

I've gone to many gun shows & can't recall ever NOT buying something. (Well,, maybe several decades ago when I was broke, and even then I'd often find something little I just had to buy!)

Boolit Master
    Close to da Creaux,Hang'n out in Swamp's and Bayou's
    Ha, 699.99/700.00 SKS's today, No primers/powder I went empty handed and left the same way.

Boolit Master

I think we are just entering a price re-alignment phase. Those crazy prices, they're going to stay. It will just take us guys who have been at it a while some time to reason with it. The guns haven't increased in price much. The value of the dollar has just dropped considerably.

Boolit Master

This is the reason I love the small shows in my area. Private sellers, mostly older guys, who haven't caught on that price are shooting the moon. Got a Saeco 2 cavity at the last one for $25.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hanzy4200 View Post
    I think we are just entering a price re-alignment phase. Those crazy prices, they're going to stay. It will just take us guys who have been at it a while some time to reason with it. The guns haven't increased in price much. The value of the dollar has just dropped considerably.
    Maybe but a set of RCBS 50-110 used dies at $250 seemed a bit much to me although I've never bought any. The modern pistols and rifles were ok priced. This gunshow has one good purpose in my view. If your thinking of a rifle, shotgun or pistol all the manu's are in one place to take a look as are scopes and binocs.

Ended up buying 2 pairs of reading glasses and a few silver coins which were priced the same as online with no shipping. Silver spot + a few bucks.

I did look at a Echo Sport trigger. Guy was talking about it to someone else and told him it was $239. I wandered off and when I came back asked him about it and he told me it was $269. No thanks.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master
    thanks for the report. as stated before I think we are just in a new reality of prices for goods we use

Boolit Master
    Sorry to say but i would have bought some LPP for fourteen cents each. I have a couple thousand left but am not confident about future availability.
    "If everyone is thinking the same thing it means someone is not thinking"

"A rat became the unit of currency"