Load DataInline FabricationRotoMetals2Repackbox
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLee Precision
Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can someone please tell me why there is no brass, primers or powder availablb?"

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by scattershot View Post
    Please tell me where that is. I live in Denver, and would be happy to scout it out for you.
    The Cheyenne Mountain Complex near Colorado Springs is a nuclear bunker under 2,500' of solid granite...
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Soundguy View Post
    I cant take a week off work and wait on a ups adult signature box with a pound of powder in it...

I'll only buy powder locally now. Last 2 times I ordered powder it cost me 2 days work off each because delivery dates came and no package.. Then had to take another day. That's unrealistic.
    Try Powder Valley they have never had me sign for anything.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by mdi View Post
    Really? Actually it's the current regime of liberal democrats forcing manufacturers to reduce production and funnel 90% of reloading supplies to that mountain hideaway neat Denver.

Check the 10,000 other such questions on every reloading forum, You'll get any answer you want...
    That's what would stop me from reloading if I had to go north of the Florida border to get supplies personally. No sir can't do that

Have it delivered to a neighbor who is always home or a local business you trust. Thinking of going to the Raleigh show this weekend to see what I can find. Maybe sell something. When I flew to EOT in NM years ago I mailed everything, ammo, clothes, gear to where my son worked so it wasn’t dropped off at his apartment while he was working. Flew from NC. Didn’t have any problems.
    Last edited by Baltimoreed; 04-28-2022 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mdi View Post
    The Cheyenne Mountain Complex near Colorado Springs is a nuclear bunker under 2,500' of solid granite...
    Been there, I don’t think they would let me take anything out, though.
    "Experience is a series of non-fatal mistakes"

Disarming is a mistake free people only get to make once...

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by beezapilot View Post
    Well, I was at a Bass Pro a couple of weeks ago, they had thousands of rounds of .22, full ammo shelves, and bricks of primers on the shelf. Primers were $80-$90 per K, they had powder, they had bags of shot. All at about twice what I remember it going for the last time I bought stuff. They did NOT have 209's, were sold out of presses, but had lots of dies. Guess it is all luck of the draw, I left the primers for someone who might really need them.

Wish our bass pro was stocked. They have ammo..but no reload materials.

Boolit Buddy
    Everything we use starts with natural gas. Primers, powder, brass (gas fired furnace) plastic wads, "beverage" cans, too!

Our components have always been the left overs and over runs of new/loaded ammo production
    which is WAY more profitable for them.

The ammo. plants are still back logged, and probably will be for another year or so.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master

hopefully the brass, powder, primers and bullets and going into cartridges to kill Russians. If so I don't have any problem with the shortage.
    Death to every foe and traitor and hurrah, my boys, for freedom !

Boolit Master

Agreed I'll donate some towards the javelin missiles and Neptune missiles

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Soundguy View Post
    That statement is far from the truth I go to Every local gun show that's within about 150 miles from me and you do see some powders weird sh** that nobody loves so therefore there's no demand for it so therefore it's still sitting on the shelf. I went to work states biggest gun show a couple weeks ago and the two or three places that had reloading stuff between the three of them had less than a brick of primers and no brass and again a couple of powders that nobody I know uses to load oh, about the only thing they had in any quantity were cast lead bullets because I guess the casters have started casting and selling their bullets because they can't get the Full Metal Jacket anywhere. I couldn't even find Shell Holders at the big reloading place that was at that show so it's being a bit facetious just saying if you have money you can find anything you want you can find what's available and then you need the money
    Sorry to hear about the poor excuse for gunshows in your area.
    The last local gunshow that I had a table at, I found components galore'
    Even scored a few trays of vintage primers for $3 a tray. I bought 5 or 6 cans of different flavored pistol powders.
    There was Brass everywhere, While, I tend to buy all my brass here on S&S, I did buy a couple boxes of 1x 357m brass at the show.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    Soundguy has made a good observation, down here in SE KY haven't seen powder or primers at the very few gun shows in the area. Did order from Hogdons and had it delivered, don't recall if I had to sign for it. Apparently the shipping issue involves the quantity allowed per truck which complicates shipping. If you are ordering the shipping charges are high but if you order a large quantity it doesn't substantially increase shipping cost/HAZMAT fees. I had a shipping notice and it was delivered the day they said it would be.

Boolit Master

Maybe hodgdon has gotten more organized since last year..but their experience absolutely broke me from buying powder online . The worst part was placing the order in the beginning of the month and not having it even ship until the end of the month and basically not knowing between that time when it would ship until the day that it actually shipped so therefore not being able to plan any kind of way to be there to get it. I blame the delayed shipment once it was shipped partially on UPS they ....would say an article is out for delivery and then have to deliver the next day because they ran out of time that's probably what happened on the powder deliveries when they would come a day late. It's sad that we don't have good shipping infrastructure in this country.

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Easy. When the costs of everything go up, you get less of it. Add the demand, add the loss or laid off workers. The end result is shortages. Only thing I spend money on is primers, brass, and tin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Boolit Master

I have enough primers and brass..even alloy...even most powders.. But there are a few that I'm down to 1 pound of. I still always try to look for materials anyway... Never know when a 2 year shortage will become a 3-4 year shortage.

Boolit Master

UPS sends me an email when they are going to deliver a package. You can also delay delivery or change the delivery address, but it may cost you $10. Better than taking a day off.
    Can you have it delivered to your place of employment?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bmi48219 View Post
    UPS sends me an email when they are going to deliver a package. You can also delay delivery or change the delivery address, but it may cost you $10. Better than taking a day off.
    Can you have it delivered to your place of employment?
    Surely not to my employer. Sad part is the huge delay from order to shipping... Makes it near impossible to line up a delivery.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee View Post
    Why are there no reloading supplies available?
    You've been a member (and presumably a shooter) since 2014. Didn't you get any of the memos?
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by M-Tecs View Post
    Simple answer is elections have consequence and the voters got what they elected or tolerated for fraud.
    Bingo. Folks need to at the very least vote in local elections. I will not comment on any agendas as this is not the Pit. Have to use word of mouth, scrounge lead to trade, etc. When the elections are over and IF there is a party change take advantage of the hopefully lower prices. Good luck.

I received an e-mail from Reloading Unlimited our of Calhoun Tenn. Haven’t heard from them in about two years. They have small pistol primers and small rifle primers for 99.99 and some powder is available also. At my age I have enough stuff to probably last me to the end and it’s so hard not to scrounge brass when I go to the range. Forget it if the wife go to the range, she is the brass getter and I have a hard time trying to get her to practice with her weapons in stead of picking brass.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast