Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersSnyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingRepackboxLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Load Data RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can someone please tell me why there is no brass, primers or powder availablb?"

Can someone please tell me why there is no brass, primers or powder availablb?"

Why are there no reloading supplies available?
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    ILSA MEMBER
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Boolit Master
    It’s there you just have to pay double or triple for it.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government..... When the people fear their government there is tyranny, when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Master

The products are out there if your willing to pay. Just think to the new reloaders these price's will be normal.

https://ammoseek.com/

Boolit Master
    What do you need? Someone on here may be able to help a fellow reloader.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government..... When the people fear their government there is tyranny, when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dannyd View Post
    The products are out there if your willing to pay. Just think to the new reloaders these price's will be normal.

SOME stuff is out there if you want to pay to get it. SOME stuff just ain't out there. There are some powders that you just cannot lay hands on.

And with Vista Outdoors ?maybe? not releasing any commercial primers for another 7 months...

Also, the little there is, flies off the shelves. You almost have to be there the day they stock it to guarantee you get some. I just happened to be at bass pro the other day and they had some primers. I bought some, but they were gone in less than an hour.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Soundguy View Post
    SOME stuff is out there if you want to pay to get it. SOME stuff just ain't out there. There are some powders that you just cannot lay hands on.

And with Vista Outdoors ?maybe? not releasing any commercial primers for another 7 months...
    It's my only hobby so I am willing to pay for it as long as I can. This is Florida just think what those guys spend on golf courses every weekend or the guys with the boats just in gas. Compared to those hobbies I'm getting off cheap.

Boolit Grand Master

Components are starting to come back but prices are higher than before. Last month I found a 500ct box of Sierra Blitzkings on the back of a shelf for pre-pandemic prices.

Boolit Master

It's my only hobby so I am willing to pay for it as long as I can. This is Florida just think what those guys spend on golf courses every weekend or the guys with the boats just in gas. Compared to those hobbies I'm getting off cheap.
    I cant take a week off work and wait on a ups adult signature box with a pound of powder in it...

I'll only buy powder locally now. Last 2 times I ordered powder it cost me 2 days work off each because delivery dates came and no package.. Then had to take another day. That's unrealistic.

Boolit Grand Master

Really? Actually it's the current regime of liberal democrats forcing manufacturers to reduce production and funnel 90% of reloading supplies to that mountain hideaway neat Denver.

Check the 10,000 other such questions on every reloading forum, You'll get any answer you want...
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Boolit Master

Scary thought, that!
    "We take a thousand moments for granted thinking there will be a thousand more to come. Each day, each breath, each beat of your heart is a gift. Live with love & joy, tomorrow is not promised to anyone......"

unknown

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundguy View Post
    I cant take a week off work and wait on a ups adult signature box with a pound of powder in it...

I'll only buy powder locally now. Last 2 times I ordered powder it cost me 2 days work off each because delivery dates came and no package.. Then had to take another day. That's unrealistic.
    My UPS depot will hold packages until I pick them up. If that will not work for you, have powder shipped to a friend or relative.
    Don Verna

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee View Post
    Why are there no reloading supplies available?
    Simple answer is elections have consequence and the voters got what they elected or tolerated for fraud.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master

I make everything but the brass and some powder-I'm good
    The unexamined life is not worth living....Socrates
    Pain, is just weakness leaving the body....USMC
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is FINAL!....Wyatt Earp

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    My UPS depot will hold packages until I pick them up. If that will not work for you, have powder shipped to a friend or relative.
    My quote local" UPS hub is two cities away from me and is open Monday through Friday until 5 coincidentally those are most Americans work hours. It's not realistic to even lose a half day's work just to go pick up powder the money just doesn't work out. I guess if I knew any liberal Democrats I could have powder shipped to their house since they're not working but I don't nor do I know anyone who's retired and not working and having it shipped to my job would be a hard pass. Last year I took one for the team and did by 7 lb of powder in two different shipments and it just cost me way way way too much so therefore I will only be buying powder if it's local to me and I can get it on a Saturday or Sunday or after 5 unfortunately. And the main type of powder I use is Hodgdon. I don't know if you're familiar with their shipping policies but after you place the order they can wait two or three weeks before they ship so when you order you have no earthly idea when your powder is going to come until the day before it arrives and that just can't work I can't even plan for powder to show up on my vacation because it could ship anywhere in the next 3 weeks once you order it that again is unrealistic.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    If you figure 6-8 million NEW gun owners recently + each one gets at least 50 carts with the purchase + they usually buy more on the spot + they buy more later = a severe shortage of powder/primers/brass in common cals.

Find a new hobby or open up your wallet! The only real choices you have right now.

I really feel sorry for those new folks just getting into this madness. They will never know the joys of finding buckets of Pb (only) COWW's for FREE, primers for 2˘ a piece, and brass (in small cals) for 3˘ a piece. Pb for 50˘ a pound and powders for $5-10/pound. The old days......will never be back. It's not just the Dumocraps in charge, it is the whole public "scaredness" of open crime, liberal DA's, open borders, light sentences, swinging doors on prisons and jails. The average liberal Joe today wants to protect himself and his family with a gun, even though ammo is rarely found. At least he can throw the gun at the criminal!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mdi View Post
    Really? Actually it's the current regime of liberal democrats forcing manufacturers to reduce production and funnel 90% of reloading supplies to that mountain hideaway neat Denver.

Check the 10,000 other such questions on every reloading forum, You'll get any answer you want...
    Please tell me where that is. I live in Denver, and would be happy to scout it out for you.
    "Experience is a series of non-fatal mistakes"

Disarming is a mistake free people only get to make once...

Moderator Emeritus

get to a gunshow, everything you need will be there, bring lots of cash.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    Because I bought it all.

Well, I was at a Bass Pro a couple of weeks ago, they had thousands of rounds of .22, full ammo shelves, and bricks of primers on the shelf. Primers were $80-$90 per K, they had powder, they had bags of shot. All at about twice what I remember it going for the last time I bought stuff. They did NOT have 209's, were sold out of presses, but had lots of dies. Guess it is all luck of the draw, I left the primers for someone who might really need them.
    The essence of education is self reliance- T.H. White.

Currently seeking wood carving tools, wood planes, froes, scorps, spokeshaves... etc....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast