RepackboxReloading EverythingLee PrecisionLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Wideners
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Quality of equipment

Boolit Buddy
    Lee molds take some care and tuning for the most part. The exception is their 6 cavity molds. they seem to be made better than the 2 cavity molds. I cast for 9mm,10mm and 358 and the 6 cavities can make a pile of bullet quickly. I have a couple of 309-170F molds which have proved to be the best fit for my 30-30's vs the larger and smaller weights.

Quote Originally Posted by ILostMyGoat View Post
    Hey guys I just got into casting, my first mold is a Lee 309-200. I’m casting for my 30-30. My question is do Lyman or ideal or any other “hi end” mold really perform that much better? What is it that makes them so much better? Thanks for the input!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lee molds are great. The higher end molds like NOE or MP are very nice as well. I have all 3 but none stand out from the other in terms of what they produce. Lee molds are much more available than MP or NOE but the latter 2 offer more variety. I would suggest starting with a couple Lee molds while you learn to cast and care for your equipment. If you can clean and lube a Lee mold without causing wrinkled bullets or galling the mating surface between the sprue plate and the top of the mold, you will be ready to get in line and wait for the MP Or NOE or similar custom mold of your choice.

Boolit Buddy
    You can get Lee molds cheaper to see what works for you and always upgrade to more expensive molds at a later date.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123