Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Lee PrecisionWidenersSnyders JerkyLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything

Thread: Rolling block parts interchange with imports?

Banner Sponsor

Rolling block parts interchange with imports?

Hi guys
    Does anyone know if the parts from an import Rolling block might fit a no.1 Swedish action?
    Specifically I'm looking at the breach block and hammer.
    Did any of them follow the dimensions of the originals? Or did they just make it look similar?

Boolit Master

The Navy Arms action is a bit different and the Tippman is't even close. Try here http://www.rollingblockparts.com/ He may have some new casting of some of the parts.

Boolit Master
    I tried putting a breech block from a No 1 (43 Spanish) and a No 5 (7x57) in a Swedish 8mm and neither was a drop in. Extractors were different, which I knew, just wanted to see if the BBlock would fit. They MAY have been made to fit with some filing/grinding but I didn't want to alter them. Be interested in others experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyReel View Post
    I tried putting a breech block from a No 1 (43 Spanish) and a No 5 (7x57) in a Swedish 8mm and neither was a drop in. Extractors were different, which I knew, just wanted to see if the BBlock would fit. They MAY have been made to fit with some filing/grinding but I didn't want to alter them. Be interested in others experiences.
    Since many Swedish Rollers were built from Remington actions and parts, I've had no problem swapping parts. Almost all take some minor fitting, but they work.
    I've even swapped parts from the 1997 made Remington Rolling Blocks into old Swede military with just minor fitting. This Rolling Block I built a couple years ago is a real mixture of Swede action, and a bunch of late model Remington parts.

Boolit Master
    marliman, you did a great job of mixing and matching. I would be proud to own that rifle. It is a beaut.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN