Load DataInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingWidenersRepackbox
Reloading Everything Lee Precision

Thread: Joined the club

Boolit Master

Joined the club

Ordered my first PCP yesterday. Marauder, .22. with the Lothar barrel and synthetic stock. In no hurry for it to arrive as I still need a scope and tank or compressor. Main use will be rodent control in back yard with shots averaging 25-40 yards and the occasional long distance shot to 75.
    This will be a work in progress buying one thing at a time to stretch out the pain to the credit card.
    BTY, check out this company if you are looking. They had the best prices and did not charge sales tax.
    https://www.ransony.com/collections/airguns
    East Tennessee

Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on your Marauder!!! I have both the rifle and pistol models -- all in .22 -- and am hard-pressed to think of any arm which might surpass it in pin-point accuracy. Forty yard is not too far for a Marauder -- at least, not mine. As you are new to PCPs, I might add that these arms have a "sweet range" of tank pressure to maximize effectiveness. A *BIG* warning is not too even slightly overfill them!!! You gain nothing by greater pressure in the arm's tank than the probability that it will lock up and not fire. (Happened to a couple of fellows I know). To "be on the safe side" I bought the accessory DEGASSER tool, which comes in handy, too, for other applications -- but becomes a necessity if too much air causes failure.
    I might add that my plain-Jane pistol Marauder is my personal favourite. Last fall I -- on impulse -- took a shot at a critter (pest bird) at about 125 feet. I thought I had missed -- but -- maybe 10 seconds later it flopped over quite dead! I have mine scoped.
    geo

Congrats on the new gun. Since you're in no hurry, you can spend time telling us as you get her set up and how she performs

Boolit Grand Master
    Welcome to the dark side.

I would have no hesitation killing small game to 50 yards. The challenge is wind drift. Not difficult to find pellets that will average less than a inch at 50 yards. BTW, I bought a lot of expensive pellets when I started and now mostly use the 14.3 gr Crosman’s.

Make sure to clean the barrel and put at least 200 pellets down range before starting your quest for an accurate pellet.
    Don Verna

Boolit Buddy
    Great guns! I have the original 25 cal with the Green mountain barrel. Converted to a Cothran valve and Hill guage block. Makes 75lbft with a 53 grain pellet! One hole groups at 30 feet and quiet!
    Chris

They also have my interest peaking.

Boolit Master
    Haven’t set up the rifle yet, nor shot it. Did manage to buy a large air tank so am ready to go. Just a matter of time and weather (been to hot)!
    East Tennessee