Snyders JerkyLoad DataRotoMetals2Repackbox
Titan ReloadingWidenersReloading EverythingLee Precision
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Making a camp

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rancher1913 View Post
    unless you had neighbours to watch the "other" house, it will be broken into and ransacked by druggies.
    I had an extra house for about a year. I was about an hour's drive. Good hunting and fishing but having two houses drove me crazy. It made me mean. People had begun driving their 4 wheelers through the yard.

I still think about getting a "camp". The perfect situation would be a lot on the edge of some public land, with electricity. I would put up a garden shed to store some chairs and shovels, etc.

If it is going to be a camp or emergency shelter, you don't have to break the bank. I bought a 24' camper in great shape cheap because it didn;t have an ac unit. Built a roof over it and added a delivered barn/storage building and made a bedroom/bathroom with heat and air for a very reasonable price. It may not make the Better Homes And Gardens magazine but it is pretty comfortable. Bed frames were made from 2x4's and paneling. The 10gal 120 volt water heater and propane heater made it a great hunting season spot. A window AC unit for summer work days. Got to have a covered porch.Attachment 300769Attachment 300770
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by COUSIN DANIEL View Post
    I travel the road the house is located on a daily basis for work both mornings and evenings and I am certain to maintain a presence like plant gardens and cut grass as well as shooting trap on on monthly basis.

I am in the sentimental stage of grief I think and I hate to think about selling the house. I have left it the way my grandfather had it the day he died at 90 as a time capsule of before.... I am afraid to rent due to horror stories I have heard, mainly I just want the place left alone by people but METH and Oppiods are not cheap and they need Cooper wire and tubing. It's a up hill battle living in "God's Bible belt".

I am not a prepper, I just have a extra home that could be useful. With everything inflated at the moment I don't think 100,000 dollars from selling the extra home would help me. I am debt free and I own my home. In 2019 I paid 52500 for my home and it took everything I had to get it, a realtor reached out to me and indicated this home could be sold for 150,000... I am bright eye but where in the world would I even move with that money.

My idea was a home that burned coal/wood, had a few 55 gallon drums of water, 250 gallon propane tank which is existing, canned food, and the deep freeze of my garden vegetables, and a Honda generator and 30 gallons of gas.

This concept is flawed and I want you all to tear it to shreds of possible so I can make it better or abandon it.
    Real estate maintains it's value. Sell it and the money you get devalues at about 8% a year or faster.
    No one has ever been able to take the money they gained from selling real estate and been able to buy the property back without adding additional money. Usually significant additional money.
    A good tenant will give you income plus cash for maintenance. A poor tenant will destroy the place.
    After expenses the income from rent is usually significantly more than the income from any cash investment of equal value
    Go now and pour yourself a hot one...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12