Lee PrecisionInline FabricationTitan ReloadingLoad Data
WidenersReloading EverythingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky Repackbox

Thread: ACME boolits in 9mm and 10mm! How do they perform in Glocks?

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar

ACME boolits in 9mm and 10mm! How do they perform in Glocks?

My buddy bought these last year when he first got into reloading and could not find any jacketed ammo. I told him I finally sold off some stuff to put towards a glock 20. I picked up my Glock 20 last week and did a 25 cent trigger job. Dropped it down to 58 oz on the brake. It bottomed out my 4.5 pound scale before I polished. I couldn’t find any ammo locally when I bought the pistol so my buddy said he’d send me his ACME boolits. He decided he didn’t want to use lead in his Glocks now since he has jacketed bullets. I think he was kinda paranoid he thought he was going to lead up his barrels. He also wasn’t comfortable with slugging them. Well…I wasn’t going to say no. He also threw in a 100, 180 grain XTPs and some loaded ACMEs. I just got a box full of brass from a member here so I’m all set to reload! Slugged my 20 and the average measurement was .399.5 to .400. The boolits are sized at .401. He also sent a box of 9mm high tech coated sized at .356 which is what I size for my 9mm. Guess I will never get a chance to brake in my 9mm lee mold! I would assume just taper crimp enough to close the bell on 10mm? I’m using Hornady dies. The 9mm I’ve loaded already with lee dies. Those will get shot out of my Ruger P85 Mk11. Would have bought the lees again but they weren’t available.

They sure make some cool boxes! I’m gluing one back together. It didn’t make the trip.

I will end up pulling all the ammo and double checking his homework.

Hopefully better than their rocket skates.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Grand Master
    Those are good looking bullets. I like the color. Yep ~ just taper crimp the bell out with enough purchase to hold the bullet and have at it.

I haven’t opened up the 9mm yet. It says hi tec coated so I’m guess they are “clear coat” painted.
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 04-21-2022 at 08:36 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    I've used a lot of ACME bullets in 9mm (145 gr), 10mm (200gr I believe) and in 45 (230 gr). All of those performed great for my application. I don't buy commercial cast anymore, since I've started cast and PC my own.

I cast my own as well. The 10mm is new so I don’t have any molds for it yet. Nine millimeter I was given about a 100 boolits to try. It shot great so I bought a mold. Just haven’t shot the pistol again to worry about casting for it yet. The box of 9mm ACME I just got will keep me from casting for it for along time now. Just don’t have alot of interest or shooting a pistol I can’t hunt with.

Acme .357 158gr swc in Red were the first powder coated bullets I ever shot. They shot good from my .357 Blackhawk and S&W m15 - but the smell bugged me. Tell me if you note a burning plastic smell when firing them, please.
    To me they smelled like burning plastic.
    I've since grown to like the home PC method learned here and they don't have a noticeable odor.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I noted a distinct plastic odour when shooting these, even scrubbed my barrel after thinking of build up.
    I do have to admit, even my wife asked if I had purchased ACME Instant Holes when I first bought them years ago!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by cwtebay; 04-22-2022 at 07:44 PM.

Boolit Man
    my G42 didn't like'em after about 20 rds.

Quote Originally Posted by gordie View Post
    my G42 didn't like'em after about 20 rds.
    Did you slug the barrel and measure the boolits? If so what were the measurements? I’m assuming your barrel leaded from your response or was it cycling, feeding, or accuracy issues?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripplebeards View Post
    Did you slug the barrel and measure the boolits? If so what were the measurements? I’m assuming your barrel leaded from your response or was it cycling, feeding, or accuracy issues?
    He's related to Wile E. Coyote, it's personal.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripplebeards View Post
    I haven’t opened up the 9mm yet. It says hi tec coated so I’m guess they are “clear coat” painted.
    They are almost a clear/green coating. They look pretty cool. I didn’t realize I needed a #27 RCBS special size shell holder for 10mm. Hopefully I’ll get some loaded up next week since I don’t have a turkey permit for 2nd season.

Finally got a chance to get out and test fire a few dozen of these loaded with 5.8 grains of green dot while I was brush hogging today. No smell and no leading. They cycled perfectly and the brass landed 2’-5’ in back of me. It felt like a pretty tame light load.

Looked pretty clean to me. I see what might have been a shaving on the right but no streaks in the barrel visually and nothing when I cleaned it. I did have some little silver flakes on my swab with the first pass. Could have been the shaving or silver flakes from my nickel plated brass?
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 06-28-2022 at 10:06 AM.