Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLoad Data
WidenersReloading EverythingRepackboxRotoMetals2
Lee Precision

Thread: Blackhound

Boolit Master

Blackhound

Just got a Blackhound 6-24x50 FFP for my 22 Nosler. I don't know anything about the Scope except I got a good deal. Anyone else have any of their products?

Boolit Master
    I have to plead ignorance here, is it a well thought of piece of glass? Well reviewed?
    How much did you spend?
    I see it's a Chinese made optic, my experience has been that "first focal plane' means 300 yards and down for clarity. And generally the controls are not exactly crisp.
    My only skin in the game is that I bought into the 22 Nosler debacle when it first arrived on the scene.
    Just curious!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

What do you mean debacle?? I love my 22 Nosler. Mine is in AR15 format and I shoots a lot at a time. About the Blackhound Optic; it has, apparently, stellar reviews even described as the best in it's price range. Main feature is the clarity of the glass at whatever magnification. I got a U-tube education and as you know, if it's on U-tube it must be true. I haven't even seen the Scope yet, I did a online transaction with another member, paid with PP and since my brother lived only lived 15 miles from the seller he has the Scope now. It is NIB, never mounted, ect. Right now retail is $399 and already on *Bay for over $450; I got it for $275. It has a lifetime, transferable warranty.
    https://www.blackhoundoptics.com/pro...24x50-ffp-moa/

Boolit Master
    I love shooting my 22 Nosler, reloading......not so much!!! The brass gets ripped up more often than not, rarely resulting in brass that doesn't need to be gone over with a file prior to reloading. Even then, if the rim has been thinned by reconstructive efforts - it will not extract without tearing a chunk out - I have yet to see a case that's made it to 4 loadings. I've sent my upper in (all within spec they said), sent dozens of spent cases to Nosler, who said that's normal for any AR cartridge.
    I thought I was the only one, turned out that I am not!
    But I am glad you haven't had that experience.

Boolit Master

I didn't say I hadn't had that experience; I consider it a routine thing anymore. I had approx. 500 new pieces of Nosler Brass when I started, considerably fewer at present. I was able to mitigate some of the problem with a different buffer and lighter load. No question the 22 Nosler is a bear on brass; but a hoot to shoot.

Boolit Master
    Gotcha.
    I agree that it is a performer on varmints, and quite accurate when I load it to upper end factory numbers.
    I messed with the extractor and buffer and load with little effect. I bought 1500 pieces of brass when it was available and a couple hundred factory loads. It is now relegated to wearing a thermal full time (figure if I can't find the brass I can't be concerned about its condition). When the brass supply dwindles I'll probably sell it with the factory rounds.
    Let us know how the scope turns out.

Boolit Master

Will do; thanks for the info.