MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
WidenersRepackboxReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CCI 22 CB's

CCI 22 CB's

I finally scored a bunch of these a few weeks ago, after a long dry spell. I'd been using the "short" length, but MidWay had the longs which are identical except for the length. I haven't put them on paper yet, but they may even be more accurate.

I'm at constant war with the starlings around my place, and these things are just the medicine. My killing zone is from ten to thirty yards, and I rarely miss. I'm starting to think that I'm a good shot. Standard shot is a high angle tree top, swaying in the breeze. I often use a Stevens Crack-Shot, or Rem #6 boys rifle. If I'm really serious, I grab the Rem 511 with scope. If the bird comes down with some fight in it, I send the wire-hair dog out to gitter.

I've got to sit down and try some groups with these little rounds, they seem to be shooting WAAAYY good. jd

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6383.jpeg 
Views:	39 
Size:	112.4 KB 
ID:	299313

Name:	IMG_5042.jpeg 
Views:	38 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	299314
    It seems that people who do almost nothing, often complain loudly when it's time to do it.

Boolit Grand Master

Good buy! I haven't seen any around here for years.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Buddy
    Love them for a quiet solution to a problem. They are even quieter than my 22 pellet rifle when fired out of a rifle. Just have to make sure of whats behind the target.
    Bill

Boolit Master
    those seem very similar to the cci quiet22. 40 grains 710fps. which ive found to be very accurate. most every week I get some practice in with some 22's. 75 yards at 3" steel pole
    and quite often it is with the cci's with a 39a that I set the sights with this quiet ammo.
    hopefully in a year or so the prices and availably will come back down to earth.

Quote Originally Posted by farmbif View Post
    those seem very similar to the cci quiet22. 40 grains 710fps. which ive found to be very accurate. most every week I get some practice in with some 22's. 75 yards at 3" steel pole
    and quite often it is with the cci's with a 39a that I set the sights with this quiet ammo.
    hopefully in a year or so the prices and availably will come back down to earth.
    These CB's are a 29 gr bullet at 710 fps. I'ma have to do some serious testing for accuracy and range with them. I don't expect much beyond thirty yards, but I really can't say yet. They are for danged sure minute of starling at twenty.
    It seems that people who do almost nothing, often complain loudly when it's time to do it.

Hoodat, they are accurate enough to hit a bottle cap at 50 feet and mild enough to trap the bullet inside the bottle. I used to find them or Aguila Colibris at Academy but that's a "used to"- so I'll order some! Fun, fun!

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I like the dog.

Quote Originally Posted by 45DUDE View Post
    I like the dog.
    That dog is Millie, and she can catch a dead starling before it hits the ground.

Name:	IMG_5526.jpeg 
Views:	36 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	299327

Boolit Master
    will be interesting what kind of accuracy you get. I was out shooting the 40 grain ones and took a shot that was probably 150 yards at a small predator I was close, it took off and then nailed it with second shot at about 100 yards. with my skill level it was probably just a lucky shot

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    Hoodat, they are accurate enough to hit a bottle cap at 50 feet and mild enough to trap the bullet inside the bottle. I used to find them or Aguila Colibris at Academy but that's a "used to"- so I'll order some! Fun, fun!

Is that with an empty or full bottle?

Boolit Master
    Been a while but I have used the CCI CB Long's and found them to be very accurate, best of the other sub-sonic/quiet/low-power .22's. I found sub-sonic Aguila 38gr HP's maybe more accurate, but a bit louder, requiring more care in use. I used a 26" barrel Mossberg 46B-b, the longer barrel is quieter. Flickers, starlings, ground squirrels were the targets. My chocolate lab would bounce around my feet whenever I took aim, expecting to get the results, I got some disgusted looks if I missed. More room in Wyoming so quiet not so critical, use the Aguila for the stuff I use a .22 on.

It was an empty bottle, 30calflash.

Boolit Master

I like the longs they keep the chamber clean when going to LR rounds.

Many years ago when my son was 8-9 years old we shot at 30 feet into a pile of loam beside the garage. One round went over the top of the pile. It went through a layer of cedar clapboards, a layer of 1/2 inch plywood, 10 single pane storm windows leaning against the wall and buried itself in a Rubbermaid rubbish barrel never found the bullet. Costly Opps on my part.

My barn cats sure like it when I thin out the Chimney Swifts. I'd rather have Millie here, though- Pepper and Floyd don't care about birds except for chasing a turkey every now and then!

Boolit Master
    Been whacking wild hogs with CCI CB Shorts for near 20 years. Ballpark 200 pigs and had to shoot one a couple times. Short match barrel that shoots one hole groups at 25 yds.
    I have danced with the Devil. She had excellent attorneys.

Boolit Man
    I am now using Eley 38 grain subsonic hollow points for small pest control. Don't have shoot thrus and they are consistent as any ammo have used. They are my chipmunk medicine ans the darned things are trying to over run us. @' to 4" tall chipmunks that move at the speed of sound require good ammo and a laser accurate rifle.
    For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions. 2 Timothy 4:3

I just whacked another starling from the front porch not 20 minutes ago with a CB. I've got one of my Rem 511's dialed in, and anything within 25 yards is in serious trouble.

Millie the wirehair dog, just about goes crazy when I grab the rifle, but waits by the door while I do the deed. After the shot, I let her out, and she does the retrieve and carries it in the house to show Mom. Then out to the ditch bank to toss over the fence and feed the wild cats.

That poor dog is sad to behold if I miss.

Name:	IMG_6396.jpeg 
Views:	25 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	300152

Boolit Buddy

Love the dog! Been shooting critters in my back yard for years. CB longs are great when can find them. They work thru the magazine. 10/22 I have to work like a bolt action but thats better than my stubby fingers Rem 581 is killing machine GW

I got 500 of these sweet little shells from Midway awhile back. I still haven't got out to group them from the bench, but they're gonna do pretty good based on my kill rate.

I am liking the longs better than the shorts I had before. They are definitely easier to handle.

Its kind of funny, but this is perfect for training the dog. I can already tell ya that I don't think I'll ever lose a quail. She is positively "locked on". jd

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Dan View Post
    Been whacking wild hogs with CCI CB Shorts for near 20 years. Ballpark 200 pigs and had to shoot one a couple times. Short match barrel that shoots one hole groups at 25 yds.
    I do the same with an old Bronco single shot. Dropped countless hogs and deer (headshot only).
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast