Lee PrecisionInline FabricationSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
RepackboxLoad DataWidenersReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2

Thread: puma 454 casull

Boolit Buddy

puma 454 casull

What are they worth in like new condition? Found one for sale locally.
    Dan

Boolit Buddy
    Everything is totally insane right now. none on gun broker. one on guns international. they want $1,300 Firm for it. In todays world if it's below $800.00 it's probably a deal. Good Luck.

Boolit Buddy
    Yea I looked around and could not find any to compare, local guy wants 900 for this one.
    I thought high but they are pretty scarce around here, need to make up my mind.
    Thanks for the input.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by danmat View Post
    Yea I looked around and could not find any to compare, local guy wants 900 for this one.
    I thought high but they are pretty scarce around here, need to make up my mind.
    Thanks for the input.
    12 % inflation - stuff is only gonna get dearer!!!!

Boolit Master

I bought a like new in the box stainless version a couple years back for just a little over a grand at auction. It still had the packing grease on it. I think 900 would be a fair deal in today's market. Good Luck. Boats

Boolit Buddy
    If it's a dealer that has it I'd offer them $750 cash for it. all they can say is No , and keep looking.

i picked up a ss rossi 92 puma in .480 ruger, i have not shot it yet. but i will soon.

Boolit Master
    I think I bought mine for about $1000 maybe 2 years ago. They're getting pretty hard to find now, so the $1000 - 1500 price range doesn't surprise me at all.

Boolit Master
    I bought mine used like new about 15 years ago for $265. But I wouldn't sell it for $1500 as it would cost me that much to replace it and I don't want to be without it.

Boolit Bub
    If you specifically want one in 454 casull $900 isn't bad. I would pay that for sure if I saw one locally because everyone wants to produce higher demand rifles and prices are going up. Could be a long time before they produce more of the 454 and the $1200+ price range could be the new norm for production guns for a while. Just my opinion though - I'm willing to pay a little more now on that gamble but would be happy if the prices came back down for sure. That's got to be one fun rifle.

Boolit Bub
    I bought mine years ago for $500 used with several boxes of ammo. I don’t use it much but wouldn’t sell it for $1500 unless I really needed the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Boolit Master
    I don't own one but several years ago did some loading for a friend that had one. Was impressed with the numbers we got out of a 454 and 20" of barrel. If memory serves I was getting about 1900 fps with a lee 300 and 296. It seemed to have no issues feeding anything we put in it. Neat little rifle for 5 to 800. Not so much for 1500 for me. Wood metal fit had something left to be desired.

Ebner

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks to all who replied.
    I bought the gun, after talking to the guy turns out that price was with a bunch of ammo.
    Gun, 12 boxes of hornady and winchester 454 casull and 5 boxes 45 colt and 100 once fired pieces of 454 brass 1200.
    I thought that was a pretty good deal.

Boolit Buddy
    a lever gun in 480 would be amazing

danmat, you did very good. Pictures please !

Boolit Buddy
    I posted a couple pics in the Rossi 45 colt or 454 thread.

Boolit Bub
    Betwixt the Altamont and Las Trampas in Northern CA
    I think you did well. Retail prices on the “standard” caliber new production 92s is WAY up. These $4-500 dollar guns are now like $800. For a gun made with $5 an hour Brazilian labor that’s pretty steep, and no bargain. Not saying not worth it, but they’re capitalizing on what market will bare. Sounds like you made a smokin deal with all that ammo, I would have bought it too and I have no need for a 454! Congrats!

Boolit Bub
    Lucky b@$+@₹d,
    I've been looking for that rifle for almost a decade now.
    I bought the 45 colt version and though it is one of my favorites it destroys brass with its 'generous' chamber.

But that is a hell of a deal, premium 454 ammo is going for almost $3.00 per round here.

One piece of advise, if you intend to reload, buy 454 dies (specifically the sizing & crimp die) the tighter dimentions will help prevent squibs with the increased neck tension.
    Also don't use a lee FCD, the extra (and unnecessary) carbide ring MAY crush your cast rounds and cause issues.
    The Hornady 454 crimp die is outstanding.

Jaaymar

I traded out a 454 freedom arms pistol a few years back, Paid $1400 for it. Came with a Nicon scope. I still have all the reloading gear and would love to have a rifle in that caliber. $800 would be a deal!
    Give me something to believe in. Poison
    Arosmith What it takes
    A 12 step program

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks for the tip jaay, I have 6 sets of 45 colt dies.
    I use a old RCBS steel set that does not size down as much for 45 colts in my Win. 92.
    Im going shoot some thru it and check the brass, to see if I can come up with a set I can use, I can turn down a expander if I need to, or sell some of these dies and buy a 454 set.
    I also have a collet crimp die for 45 colt.
    Super, now I want a Freedom to go with this rifle, finding a decent deal on those is a little hard.
    Good thing about being retired have a little extra time to look.