RepackboxRotoMetals2Load DataInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingWidenersSnyders Jerky
Lee Precision Reloading Everything

Thread: Mounting claw mount rings on scope.

Boolit Master
    30 miles South of Cheyenne, unfortunately

Mounting claw mount rings on scope.

These rings are the ones that clamp around the objective bell and require the ocular bell to to be removed to the rear ring can be slid one.

Can anyone tell me how to remove the ocular bell on a Kahles 6X Helia scope? I realize I will lose the nitrogen, but at this point that is not a concern. I just want to get the scope mounted on the MCA rifle.
    When it's time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark.... and brother, it's STARTING TO RAIN!!

Boolit Master
    Would you please post a picture of that set up?
    I can't imagine that someone mounted a scope and then filled it with nitrogen afterwards?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Well, I would gladly post photos but for some reason my usual method of posting photos will not work. Hopefully I can figure what in the hell is going on.
    When it's time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark.... and brother, it's STARTING TO RAIN!!

Boolit Master
    OK. Got if figured out.

Boolit Master
    Just for FYI purposes, that scope ring design was developed (and first used) well before scopes were inert gas filled. As I understand, they have been around since the 1930's. So, it was surely never contemplated that there would be the need to lose the inert gas when removing one of the bells during installation.

Boolit Buddy
    I would think about sending the mount to these guys (and possibly buying a scope from them if need be) https://www.vintagegunscopes.com/

Have them put the scope into the mount and refill as needed. Won't be the scope you had in mind but should be done right.

Banner Sponsor

Would it be possible to flex the ring open and slide the scope in, then reclose it afterwards?
    Maybe a picture of the scope next to the rings?

I installed my first scope with a homemade claw mount. Not very pretty, but it worked (I had to remove both the ocular bell and the windage/elevation unit)

Unfortunately, judging from the cut-away picture, your Kahles scope looks to be quite complicated in the rear department compared to my cheap "Sterling 4x32".
    https://www.kahles.at/fileadmin/down...lia_1982_e.pdf

If your mount is anything like the one in the picture you posted, it seems there's enough "beef" in the bottom to make for a two-part ring.
    Drill & tap (perhaps countersink) for a hex screw, then use a hack saw - or better, a slitting cutter - to split the ring in separate parts.
    Cap'n Morgan