Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
WidenersReloading EverythingRepackboxRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Load Data

Thread: Goex reenactor in 45 colt and 44 wcf

Goex reenactor in 45 colt and 44 wcf

So I am about to load 150 cartridges in each caliber with appropriate 250 grain and 200 grain lead bullets. I went to the goex sight and it says great for blank powder in all blackpowder arms but also a good low pressure load for round ball. I like the low pressure part of this because of original blackpowder colt single actions and an original Remington 1875 44-40. In 45 colt starline cases, 31 grains leaves no airspace when I deep seat Lyman’s 454190.

Anyone else using it a cartridge revolver? Thanks. Oh, forgot to add that I loaded it for 38 colt with hollow base wadcutters and it shot fine in an original 1877 colt double action. thanks

It will work fine. It's just a more casually sorted powder i.e. greater variety of particle sizes than their normal powder and may not be polished as much. But it's still gunpowder and work as such.

Yep, just fired 6 in the original Remington and 11 in a colt New Frontier. Nice load, and slightly more kick with 45 colt because of the heavier 250 grain bullet vs 200 grain for 44-40. Lots of fun but my wife is wondering what stinks as I clean up.

Boolit Grand Master

That is funny! My wife had the same reaction many years ago and I was not in the house.
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.