RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyWidenersLoad Data
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLee Precision
Reloading Everything Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 50's era wingmaster at lgs.

Boolit Master
    Nice gun there! Mine has oil finished walnut with modest figure. But it harkens back to a gentler age and i love it.
    "If everyone is thinking the same thing it means someone is not thinking"

"A rat became the unit of currency"

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic_Charlie View Post
    Yeah, I did grab it. Serial # says it was made in 1955. 12 gage, 28" mod. with a red bead. Will try some trap shooting with it out in Hawthorn, WI this summer.
    Actually, it was not the seial # but the letter code on the barrel.
    "If everyone is thinking the same thing it means someone is not thinking"

"A rat became the unit of currency"

When I was stationed in Korea 1970-1973. I bought an 870 12 gauge for the princely sum of 74.00. I hunted everything that you were allowed to hunt over there. It never failed me once. It was subjected to nasty weather and mountain hunting. Once while pheasant hunting I tripped and fell and cracked the stock. After using the rest of the season with a cracked stock.

I wrote a letter to Remington for a replacement stock. I readily admitted that the cracked stock was entirely my fault. Never got an answer so I figured well that is that. About a week after i decided they were just going to ignore me. I received a package pick up note in my letter box at the base post office. Picked it up and noticed the Remington return address. Inside was a shiny higher grade stock for my 870 than the original. On the due bill was stamped in big red letters NO PAYMENT DUE.

Inside was a letter from a Remington employee thanking me for my service. Needless to say they made a Remington fan for a lifetime.

Boolit Master

Those corncob fore end guns were also just a bit lighter, due to less wood and the fact that in that configuration usually had a plain barrel. These things added a few ounces, so if you were upland hunting it was really appreciated.

Boolit Master

Ain't gonna be anymore for sure. Jump on it. Couple years ago, God was looking out for me. I liked my WM 20 gauge 3" LW Magnum so much, I was at Bud's and he had a NIB on hand at the old price so I bought a "spare". With Remington's reorganization, no more WMs for the forseeable future. Opened box, wiped it down and put it up. Trippled in price now, If you can find one.
    Don't pass it up./beagle
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

I bought a nasty rattle can paint coated 20ga Mod 870 from a pawn shop bunch for $100 back years ago, refinished the wood and metal used it around the farm for many years. Sold it to a young couple for their house gun, pretty cheap. The 870 is a fine pump gun.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    I have a 1956 870, maybe 85%+ finish, bought it ( early 2000’s) cause I liked it’s feel. Shot it couple times, put in the safe, bought an Express model. It’s on standby now, for SHTF scenario.
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

Boolit Master

Youngest son shoots the same gun at doves that I bought on gunbroker 5 yrs ago for $175. Hard to tell it had been shot but nobody wanted “furniture” guns then.
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12